• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Downing

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeTallecWiz

Doos
Honorary Member
Thought, despite effort, that he was pretty poor today ... He seems to not be playing with that chip on his shoulder anymore ("Shit, I'm giving my manager every reason to think I'm shit and to sell me."), and I think his spot should be used for someone else next year in front 3. I'd sell if Barca do in fact make an offer for anything over 10 mill.

Johnson,Lucas,Sturridge were worse but yep Downing is awful most of the time

Thought he did well in the first 30 minutes and took on Baines a few times, he faded badly after that though, some of the performances today must have confused Carras last derby with his testimonial they were so lazy

i reckon this is as good as he gets , it's semi decent but not enough long term . Although that depends on what our long term targets are .

I'd still happily let him, borini , henderson and allen go . Oh and lucas but guess that's all for a different thread .

Thought, despite effort, that he was pretty poor today ... He seems to not be playing with that chip on his shoulder anymore ("Shit, I'm giving my manager every reason to think I'm shit and to sell me."), and I think his spot should be used for someone else next year in front 3. I'd sell if Barca do in fact make an offer for anything over 10 mill.

I am assuming there is an inside joke I am missing.

Agree with the rest

Thought he did well in the first 30 minutes and took on Baines a few times, he faded badly after that though, some of the performances today must have confused Carras last derby with his testimonial they were so lazy

Yah, I noticed that too ... odd.

We have too many passengers on the pitch. Too many non contributors.
We have to replace Downing.

Downing gets to defensive when we play against top 6-8 sides in the league.
Think he created 1 chance today and thats not good enough.

I dont think he'll be sold, but we definetly need someone who can play right wing and push him out to the bench. He'll be a good squad player to have around imho

Downing has done well enough to give us a decent fee and so he won't be remembered for being completely useless, sell him in the summer, everyone's happy.

I think a few clubs will be interested if we want rid, but we'll be paying a decent part of his wages.

QPR wouldn't in the championship, don't be daft. Newcastle and sunderland wouldn't want the Boro tit

QPR would be in the championship yes, theyd still pay, he wouldn't go though, so would Newcastle maybe and Sunderland more likely. I could see us selling £8million no problem.

QPR would be in the championship yes, theyd still pay, he wouldn't go though, so would Newcastle maybe and Sunderland more likely. I could see us selling £8million no problem.
Qpr wouldn't pay. They're in the mess they are because of overpaid players who don't care

Downing would just be another

Downing has been okay recently, today he wasn't.

I doubt that we can sell him for enough (wages included) to afford a BETTER replacement.

Sunderland can normally be relied upon to waste stupid amounts of money on "Premiership proven" players, however whether that trend will continue with Di Canio in charge we'll have to see.

Another option is Stoke who have been spending a lot of money in the last few years but Pulis seems to be getting questioned these days so whether he'd get to spunk a wad of cash on Stewie... again, who knows.

I'm hoping for Cardiff to try and buy their way out of relegation QPR style.

Typical bias. I watched the game and downing was better than half our team. Don't see posts attacking them. Easy target. Yawn.

Typical bias. I watched the game and downing was better than half our team. Don't see posts attacking them. Easy target. Yawn.

He was extremely average. He's not good enough. He also hates Thatcher with a passion, so he definitely shouldn't get your support.

And as we're not playing for anything any more, the club may have already told him to try and find a new club in the summer.

Sunderland can normally be relied upon to waste stupid amounts of money on "Premiership proven" players, however whether that trend will continue with Di Canio in charge we'll have to see.

Another option is Stoke who have been spending a lot of money in the last few years but Pulis seems to be getting questioned these days so whether he'd get to spunk a wad of cash on Stewie... again, who knows.

I'm hoping for Cardiff to try and buy their way out of relegation QPR style.

The league seems to be weeding out those managers who operate on that basis at the moment.

He was extremely average. He's not good enough. He also hates Thatcher with a passion, so he definitely shouldn't get your support.

He is no ronaldo but he is a useful squad member. Yes we paid too much but we can't ask for much now so keep him

How many times have I said the players like downing and Milner are needed in a good TEAM. He is no worse than any of UTDs wingers this season.

He is no ronaldo but he is a useful squad member. Yes we paid too much but we can't ask for much now so keep him

How many times have I said the players like downing and Milner are needed in a good TEAM. He is no worse than any of UTDs wingers this season.

At least you're consistent Fox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom