• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Domestic cups

Status
Not open for further replies.

momoWASboss

If you take me seriously then you’re an idiot
Both the FA cup and Coca Cola cup are going ahead. The FA cup won’t have replays and prize money is reduced to 2018 levels. The league cup has scrapped 2 legged semi finals and the third round starts a matter of weeks after the league kicks off.

Still not arsed about either at the moment.

I see that the league cup quarters are scheduled to be played on Dec 22/23. So English CL winners still fucked?

There isn’t a club World Cup this season is there?

Anyway, we had 2 games in 2 days but those still playing in Europe may get a delayed start to the league. Fucking hypocrites.

There isn’t a club World Cup this season is there?

Anyway, we had 2 games in 2 days but those still playing in Europe may get a delayed start to the league. Fucking hypocrites.
Aha. Anyway, I hope we keep playing the kids in the League cup.

I would quite like to see us win the FA Cup. We haven't won it for a while and there is something nice about it.

I am not at all fussed about the league cup.
Completes Hendos Collection..

I'm sure he would want to win it too.

I've never been arsed about either.

I always liked the FA Cup when I was a kid. For one thing, there was no European foorball for a good few years, but the FA Cup was always quite exciting. There was also not a huge amount of football on TV then either so at least when it was FA Cup week you got a few live games and Match of the Day. Obviously the appeal has waned a bit since then but I still quite like it for as long as we are in it. It's a bit of an inconvient bore when we aren't.

I can't say I was ever bothered about the league cup. I guess I must have been happy when we have won it, but probably only as a route to Europe when we were not necessarily going to qualify another way.

I don't mind the cup but I wish people would just stop going on about the magic etc. It's over, let it go. Doesn't mean it can't find a place in the game, still.

But the FA don't help themselves. They have to make it less of a burden to teams. Get rid of replays, at the very least. And maybe let teams in Europe join in the 4th round, like the league cup?

I don't mind the cup but I wish people would just stop going on about the magic etc. It's over, let it go. Doesn't mean it can't find a place in the game, still.

But the FA don't help themselves. They have to make it less of a burden to teams. Get rid of replays, at the very least. And maybe let teams in Europe join in the 4th round, like the league cup?

I'm sure all replays will eventually go. Remember years back they didn't have penalty shoot outs at? It was just replay after replay until someone won.

I'd like to see us win both of these. Keep the trophies rolling in. I know they are but shadows of their former selves but any cup is an adrenaline shot in the arm for the squad.

Clearly Klopp prioritises the PL and CL to an extreme and it's good to see the youngsters perform on the big stage however if we were to say boost the squad with Thiago, Sarr, CB and Tsimikas then we'd likely have the squad to be able to compete across the board.

I’d have loved to be all over an FA cup as it has been a while. With a high intensity season I’d still play the kids till we’ve wrapped up the league.

Playing twice a week throughout the season followed by the euros and afcon, then straight into 21/22 with its wanky mid season World Cup fucks up going all out for everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom