• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Cricket World Cup

I can't digest England winning like this...I'll be sour about this for a few years I think

Most boundaries. What a load of rubbish.

People come to watch cricket to see runs and wickets. When runs can't decide, it should be based on wickets...or share the trophy. Stupid rules.

An umpiring error gave them one run more in the final over of the match as well. It's ridiculous.

If I cry anymore the English supporters will start enjoying it even more...

I can't digest England winning like this...I'll be sour about this for a few years I think

People come to watch cricket to see runs and wickets. When runs can't decide, it should be based on wickets...or share the trophy. Stupid rules.

An umpiring error gave them one run more in the final over of the match as well. It's ridiculous.

Why do you hate England so much? They've never won it before, they've been the most consistent team over the past four years, and by and large they seem like a good bunch of lads who try and play the game the right way.

Had this 10 year old indian fan sat next to me with his 2 brothers & mum in the ground. His brothers all supporting Eng. He was being a proper cunt throughout, his brother kept smacking him and he cried at the end. Poor guy. He didn't like the amount of times people around us retorted "when's the third place play off" to his standing on his seat and cheering every wicket. Poor kid, hope he is traumatised by the experience.

All these people crying about luck can jog on too - look over the entirety of the tournament and it is pretty even. The Trent Boult boundary stand is not 100% luck - we were piling the pressure on at the end of a World Cup Final. Stokes had just cleared the rope, Trent was rattled knowing his over was coming up and that a chaseable number might be coming up. You make you're own 'luck'.

I'm surprised at how many sore losers/ people who just happen to hate England in sport are emerging.

SWEEEEEEET CAROLINE

Why do you hate England so much? They've never won it before, they've been the most consistent team over the past four years, and by and large they seem like a good bunch of lads who try and play the game the right way.

I hate them b/c that rule fucked SA in '92 when that team with Kirsten, Wessels, a young Hudson/Jonty/Cronje etc with Donald, De Villiers and MacMillan should have won it a few years after Apartheid ended.
But I dunno why - the only English team I like is the footy team, I hate their Rugby & cricket teams ... not sure why, probably will wilt away as I get older and stop caring!

Last edited:

Sure, wickets lost in super over - England win

How about some other metrics

Head to head in tournament - England win

Final standings in group stage - England win

Net run rate in group stage - England win

Net run rate in knockout stage - England win

Yeah, I know I have given fodder for the England supporters to pile on. But it's not going to change the fact I hat English cricket team...I wouldn't go as far as saying I hate England, but that wouldn't be a inappropriate thing to say considering where I'm from.

It's the worst outcome I could imagine at the start of the world cup. Although I don't deny they were favorites from the start of the tournament for Cricketing reasons and did the business in the knockout stages.

India's current batting line up has the weakness against lateral movement be it from fast or spin bowling and it was brutally exposed in the semifinal and I was hoping the kiwis would go on to win.

The manner of the victory made it even better for me.

Tense, tight, then the cruel knockout blow at the death. Sweet.

Well, unlike the salty supporters of other nations, the Black caps fought really hard, and didn't whinge about their terrible luck at the end of the game. Their reaction was the one thing that made the ending a tiny bit bitter-sweet, because they didn't deserve to lose and are clearly top lads, and not whinging, self-pitying bitches. Unlike some...

Back
Top Bottom