• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Confirmed Transfers 20/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helder Costa - Leeds (£16m)

[article]Leeds United are delighted to announce Helder Costa has now officially joined the club on a permanent basis.

The Portugal international has put pen to paper on a four-year contract, running until the summer of 2024.

Costa began his career at Benfica before loan spells at Deportivo La Coruna and AS Monaco.

He joined Wolverhampton Wanderers in 2016 and after a successful loan where he was named Player of the Season, he signed permanently for a then club record transfer fee.

Costa went on to play a key part in the Wolves side which won the 2017/18 Sky Bet Championship and earned his first international cap for Portugal at the end of the season.

After featuring in the Premier League for the Molineux outfit, Costa joined Leeds United at the start of the current campaign on an initial loan deal, with a view to a permanent deal, which has now commenced.

During the season to date, Costa has made 43 appearances for the Whites in all competitions, scoring four goals, helping Leeds reach the top of the Sky Bet Championship table with five games remaining.[/article]

Wes Foderingham - Sheffield United (free transfer)

[article]
Chris Wilder has moved quickly to bolster United's goalkeeping ranks for next season with the addition of Wes Foderingham on a three-year contract.

The 29-year-old, who has featured against the Blades for Swindon Town in previous seasons, signs at Bramall Lane having left Glasgow Rangers at the end of May.

"I'm delighted to join Sheffield United," Foderingham told sufc.co.uk. "It is an exciting time for the club after an incredible first season back in the Premier League. I'm looking forward to meeting the team and can't wait to get started."

Foderingham began his career in the capital with Fulham but signed his first professional contact with Crystal Palace and had a number of loan spells to further his development. In October 2011, he joined Swindon Town on loan and impressed manager Paolo Di Canio, keeping nine clean sheets in 15 games, prompting the Italian to make the transfer a permanent one for an undisclosed fee in January 2012.

During his time at the County Ground, the former England youth international came up against the Blades in the dramatic play-off semi-final contest in May 2015, which ended 5-5 in the second-leg, although Foderingham left Town after they failed to overcome Preston North End in the final at Wembley.

Having amassed over 150 starts for the Robins, the Hammersmith-born stopper moved north of the border in July 2015, penning a three-year deal for the Ibrox club. During his first three campaigns with the Gers, Foderingham was consistently first choice and made over 100 appearances for the Glasgow club, including five last term.

United's goalkeeping coach, Darren Ward, commented: "We have followed his development for a number of years and are delighted to be able to bring him in to bolster the goalkeeping department to give us options and competition for places. Wes is an experienced 'keeper and we look forward to working with him."
[/article]

Jude Bellingham - Borussia Dortmund (reportedly €25m)

[article]
Another highly sought-after talent has decided to join Borussia Dortmund: 17-year-old Jude Bellingham will move from Birmingham City FC to the Black and Yellows from the German Ruhr Valley. The young Englishman has signed a long-term deal with his new club and, despite his young age, will join their first team squad from day one.

By adding Bellingham, the list of top-level talent who see BVB as the ideal place for their personal development at highest level while adding value to the team right away just gets longer. "Jude Bellingham has decided with absolute confidence to pursue his career at Borussia Dortmund. The primary motivation behind his decision were the prospects on the pitch we were able to offer him", said Dortmund’s sporting director, Michael Zorc, adding: "He has enormous potential, which we will continue to develop together with him over the coming years. He already boasts astonishing quality with and without the ball, and has a strong mentality to boot. Jude will immediately strengthen our first team squad, but we will certainly give him all the time he needs to adapt to the higher level of play."

Bellingham, who also plays for England’s under-17 national team (3 caps, 2 goals), is about to finish a long season in the Championship, in which he has contributed 4 goals and 3 assists from midfield in his 40 appearances. "I can’t thank Birmingham City enough for what they have done for me – not just this season, but since the age of 7. Of course, I wish everyone associated with the club nothing but the best. Once a blue, always a blue. However, I’m incredibly excited to have joined one of the biggest clubs in Europe. The direction they are heading in and how much they help young players improve made it an easy decision for me personally and my family. I can’t wait to perform in front of over 80,000 fans when they are back inside one of the most beautiful stadiums in the world – hopefully as soon as possible!"

Bellingham will join up with his new team on 30 July as they prepare for the upcoming season, including a week-long training camp in Bad Ragaz, Switzerland. He will continue to wear number 22 at Borussia Dortmund. Financial terms of the deal will not be released.
[/article]

Suso - Sevilla (repeatedly €21m)

[article]Suso joined Sevilla initially on loan and now that Sevilla have qualified for the Champions League, they were obliged their option to sign him permanently.

The statement on the Sevilla website claims the winger has penned a five-year contract at the club.

The 26-year-old arrived at the Andalusian club in January and has made 19 appearances, scoring one goal and providing one assist.

Suso made 153 appearances at the Milanese giants, where he scored 24 goals, provided 36 assists and won an Italian Supercoppa.

The winger joined Milan in a reported €1.3m deal from Liverpool in January 2015 having spent the 2013/14 campaign in La Liga on a loan deal with Almeria.

In a separate deal between the two clubs, defender Simon Kjaer joined Milan permanently from the Spanish club in a €3.5m deal following a successful loan spell.
[/article]

Jacob Sorensen - Norwich (undisclosed fee)

[article]Norwich City have completed the permanent transfer of midfielder Jacob ‘Lungi’ Sorensen from Danish side Esbjerg fB for an undisclosed fee.

The 22-year-old has signed a three-year contract and will be eligible for selection from the beginning of the 2020-21 season.

Sorensen has made 117 senior appearances in all competitions for Esbjerg, who play in the top-flight of Danish football, scoring eight goals. He has earned call-ups to Denmark’s Under-18s, 20s and 21s national teams during his career to date.

The powerful midfielder also featured in the Europa League for his home-town side earlier this season.

Speaking to canaries.co.uk, Sorensen said: “It feels really good to be here. Norwich is a big club, so it is a great step for me. I’m really excited to play for the club.

“It was an easy decision when Stuart Webber and Daniel Farke showed their interest. I’m mostly a number six defensive midfielder, but can also play as a centre-back.

“I can’t wait to get started. I’m looking forward to meeting the fans when they can be in the stadium. I could feel the atmosphere through the television against Man City. It seemed incredible.”

Sorensen will follow in the footsteps of fellow countrymen Steen Nedergaard, Jens Berthel Askou, Thomas Helveg, Henrik Mortensen, Jan Molby and David Nielsen, who have all also represented City.

Head Coach Daniel Farke added: “We’re really happy to be able to sign Jacob. There was a lot of interest and many clubs were after him.

“He’s young but still has experience on a really good level in a different country. He’s a brilliant lad and I like his attitude. He offers a lot in midfield. He’s aggressive and competitive in duels but also good on the ball, so quite versatile.

“From defensive midfield positions, he’s also been capable of scoring goals, something we have been lacking. I think we’ve got a really good talent. We hope he can help us in the short and long term.”

Subject to international clearance, Sorensen will officially become a City player when the transfer window opens on Monday, July 27.[/article]

Niko Kovac - AS Monaco (Head Coach)

[article]AS Monaco are pleased to announce the arrival of Niko Kovac as head coach. The Croatian has signed on a 3 year contract with an option to extend.
After a full career as a professional player that has led him to play two World Cups with Croatia (2002 and 2006) and two European Championships (2004 and 2008), Niko Kovac coached the Croatian U-21 team and was the head coach of the Croatian national team between 2013 and 2015, steering Croatia to qualification for the 2014 World Cup.

A beaten finalist in 2017, he won the 2018 German Cup as head coach of Eintracht Frankfurt, thirty years after the German club’s last major trophy. That same season, he managed to qualify the club for the European Cup, after helping the club turn its fortunes around in 2016.

Hired by Bayern Munich in the wake of his success in Frankfurt, he recorded a resounding German Cup – Bundesliga – Super Cup treble in the 2018-19 season, winning 45 of 65 games in his time in Bavaria.

Niko Kovac will lead his first training session this Monday at the La Turbie Training Centre.

We are very happy to welcome Niko Kovac to the Club. This season marks the start of a new chapter for AS Monaco, with a defined sporting plan in line with the club's objectives. This direction will be embodied by Niko as coach. Niko is recognized for his work both for the national team and his work in club environments, in the development of young talent, the management of experienced players and the ability to achieve very good results. I'm convinced that his experience and personality will help us achieve our goals.
Oleg PetrovVice President CEO

Niko represents the highest level of experience both as a former player and head coach. He has constantly shown an ability to win with Bayern Munich, one of the biggest clubs in the world and winning while in a re-building process at Frankfurt. Niko was a key influence in turning Frankfurt into a top performing team in Germany, guiding the team twice in consecutive years to the cup final and leaving them with a place in European competition. His CV also encompasses a great job with the Croatian national team where he took them through the playoffs into the World Cup finals. His energy, his way of working and his vision of the game make him the coach the club needs to assert our ambitions and build the solid foundations to create sustainable success for the future. Welcome Niko!
Paul MitchellSporting Director
[/article]

Decent appointment that for Monaco, but Kovac sure has a huge task rebuilding them.

Good luck to Cazorla, Was a very good player...shame injuries hampered him.

Nathan Ferguson - Crystal Palace (free transfer)

[article]
Nathan Ferguson has signed for Crystal Palace F.C., in a move that will see the highly rated full-back play in red and blue until the end of the 2022/23 season.

Ferguson, 19, joins as a free agent following his recent contract expiration at West Bromwich Albion, where he has developed since the age of eight, rising through the Academy ranks.

Ferguson made his senior debut for the Baggies in their first match of the 2019/20 season, making 21 appearances during the campaign before a knee injury curtailed his progress.

Palace’s latest signing has represented England at Under-18, U19 and U20 level – collecting one, three and four caps at the respective age groups.

Having put pen to paper for the Eagles, Ferguson said: "It’s great to be here. Crystal Palace is a great club in my opinion, and I feel like there’s a lot that I can bring to the team. I’m so happy to be here and I can’t wait to get started."

Chairman Steve Parish said: "Nathan is a fantastic signing for us, a player we’ve been committed to for a long time. He is hungry, focused, has a great attitude and he’s got an abundance of talent. It’s been a challenging six months for Nathan, and I’m genuinely so pleased for him that we have finally secured his services."
[/article]

Unai Emery - Villarreal (Head Coach)

[article]Villarreal CF has reached an agreement with Unai Emery for the Basque manager to be Yellows head coach for the next three seasons.

The manager will be presented on Monday at 12:30pm CEST in a press conference, which is exclusively open to media, which will take place in the Functions Room in the Preferencia Stand at the Estadio de la Cerámica (access by Gate 31).

Unai Emery (Hondarribia, 3rd November 1971) is a well-respected coach with vast experience in football around the world, and has manager top-level clubs such as Paris Saint-German and Arsenal FC. Furthermore, he also knows LaLiga perfectly, after two successful spells at Sevilla FC and Valencia CF.

Emery started his sporting career at Lorca Deportiva, managing to get them promoted to Segunda División. After his first managerial experience, he moved to UD Almería, who he also got promoted. This time, it was to the top flight of Spanish football.

In the 2007/08 season, Emery arrived at Valencia CF, the club he managed for four seasons. On the bench at Mestalla, the Basque coach finished third in LaLiga on a total of three occasions, each of which saw Los Che qualify for the UEFA Champions League the following season.

After a brief spell at Spartak Moscow, Emery returned to Spain in 2013 to take the reins at Sevilla. In the Andalusian club, he made history, winning three consecutive UEFA Europa League.

In recent seasons, the Basque manager has been in charge of two top-level projects on the European stage. After his successful time at Sevilla, he moved to Paris Saint-Germain, with whom he added to his trophy cabinet, winning a Ligue 1, two Coupes de France, two Coupes de la Ligue and two French Super Cups. In his last role as manager, Emery took charge at Arsenal FC, with whom he was UEFA Europa League runner-up in the 2018/19 campaign.[/article]

Dejan Lovren - Zenit St Petersburg (£10.9m)

[article]Zenit and Liverpool have agreed on Croatian defender making the move from the English champions to the Russian champions. The deal is for three years.

Dejan Lovren was born on 5 July 1989 in Zenica, Bosnia before moving to Germany as a child and it was there he started his youth career with BSC Sendling. He returned to Croatia and began his professional career with Dinamo Zagreb.

In May 2006, Dejan made his full debut for Dinamo Zagreb, coming on as a substitute for Luka Modric. He went on to play for Inter Zapresic on loan before returning to Dinamo Zagreb and helping his side go on to win Croatian league twice as well as the country’s Cup.

In January 2010, Dejan Lovren moved to Lyon in France, where he played 102 matches, scored three goals and won the French Cup.

He made the move to the English Premier League in June 2013 joining Southampton where he played 31 times and scored two goals, before quickly securing a move to Liverpool.

Dejan Lovren played 185 matches and scored 8 goals whilst on Merseyside. In the 2018/19 season, he won the UEFA Champions League and in the 2019/20 season he won the English Premier League.

Dejan Lovren is a Croatian international and at the 2018 World Cup he was part of the side that finished as runners-up in Moscow. In total, he has won 57 caps and scored three goals for his country.

Welcome to Zenit Dejan Lovren we wish you every success with the blue-white-sky blues![/article]

Bali Mumba - Norwich (reportedly £350k plus add ons up to £400k)

Norwich City have competed the signing of highly-rated full-back Bali Mumba from Sunderland for an undisclosed fee.

Mumba, 18, has signed contract with City that will run through to the summer of 2024.

Mumba played for Sunderland at youth level from 2010 to 2018. Aged just 16, he became the Black Cats’ youngest ever captain, taking the armband when he replaced John O’Shea on his senior debut in a Sky Bet Championship fixture against Wolves.

Now aged 18, Mumba has since spent time on loan at South Shields and has represented England's youth teams from Under-16s through to Under-19s.

Speaking to canaries.co.uk after arriving at Lotus Training Centre, Mumba said: "It feels very good and I’m raring to go.

“The club is big with a good history behind it and I’m looking forward to getting started so I can show everyone around the club what I can do.

“Fans can expect hard work and 100 percent in all that I do. I believe I’m a positive person with a good energy.

“I’ve watched Max Aarons and Jamal Lewis a lot. I’ve seen how they’ve progressed through the system and have continued to develop and that’s exactly what I’m hoping to replicate.”

Head coach Daniel Farke added: “We’re really happy we’ve been able to sign Bali. He’s an exciting young talent.

“It’s important not to put too much pressure on his shoulders, but he’s the type of full-back we want, driving forward and being brave, but also aggressive against the ball and with good endurance.

“He’s a great lad and full of potential. We’ll give him time to improve and we think we’ve got a really exciting talent.”

Last edited:
Matija Sarkic - Wolves (free transfer)

[article]Wolves have signed promising goalkeeper Matija Sarkic on a three-year-deal.

The full Montenegro international joins Wolves after leaving Aston Villa earlier in the summer, having spent valuable time on loan in Scotland last season.

The 23-year-old, who was born in England and raised in Belgium, has been on Villa’s books for five years and spent four separate loan spells away to aid his development, with last season’s stint at Livingston the most successful.

Sarkic made 18 appearances in the Scottish Premiership and League Cup, keeping seven clean sheets along the way, including on his league debut against Celtic last October.

The following month the stopper was rewarded with his first international cap, again keeping a clean sheet in a 2-0 victory over Belarus.

Sarkic’s initial development is expected to come in the form of a loan move, with the youngster set to spend the 2020/21 season gathering more first-team experience at a senior level.

Wolves chairman, Jeff Shi, said: “We are very happy to welcome Matija, who is a promising young goalkeeper with lots of potential. We hope that he will be a success at Wolves and with his loan club next season.”[/article]

Adam Lallana - Brighton (free transfer)

[article]Brighton & Hove Albion have completed the signing of Adam Lallana from Premier League champions Liverpool.

The 32-year-old midfielder has also won the UEFA Champions League, FIFA World Club Championship and European Super Cup with Liverpool, and holds 34 senior caps for England.

Lallana, who will wear squad number 14, has agreed a three-year contract with the Albion and returns to the south coast having left Southampton to move to Anfield in 2014.

Head coach Graham Potter said, “There is no doubting Adam’s quality, and if you look at his footballing CV his ability is clear for everyone to see.

“He has played at the very highest level, for both club and country, and achieved great things. He has a wealth of experience alongside his technical quality.

“The honours he won during his time at Liverpool, and the high regard in which he is held at Anfield, only further underline his ability and character.

“Adam is a really exciting signing for us, someone I am sure the supporters will be really looking forward to seeing play as and when things are able to begin to return to normal.

“To have both his experience and quality out on the pitch will be a great addition for us, and I know he will be an excellent role model for our younger players in the squad.

“I am really looking forward to working with him when we return for pre-season training in a few weeks.”

Lallana helped Liverpool end a 30-year wait for the Premier League title, and added the title to their Supercup and Club World Cup wins this season.

He was a Champions League winner last season, and in total has made 196 Premier League appearances, scoring 30 goals and making 28 assists across those games.

He joined Liverpool from Southampton in 2014, where he helped the Saints to back-to-back promotions from League One to the Premier League and lift the Football League Trophy.

Lallana has also won 34 England caps and played in both the 2014 World Cup and 2016 European Championships.

In total he has played more than 400 senior games, scoring 81 goals and making 70 assists.[/article]

Brighton getting some solid signings done already.

Joel Veltman - Brighton (£900k)

[article]Brighton & Hove Albion have completed the signing of defender Joel Veltman from Dutch club Ajax, on undisclosed terms.

The 28-year-old Dutch international, who plays at right-back and can cover in central defence, has joined the club on a three-year contract.

Head coach Graham Potter said: “We’re delighted to welcome Joel to the club. He has terrific experience from his time with Ajax including the Champions League and, of course, with the Dutch national team.

“He’s an excellent defender who can play at right-back and at centre half, but he’s also comfortable in possession.

“He is really looking forward to the challenge of playing in the Premier League and we’re delighted he is now a Brighton player and we’re looking forward to working with him.”

Veltman made his Ajax debut in 2012 and has been with the club for 19 years, having come through the club’s Academy system.

He has made more than 200 appearances for the Dutch giants, scoring ten goals. He has won three Eredivisie titles and played regularly in the Champions League.

He has won 22 caps for his country, the most recent in November when he helped Netherlands qualify for Euro 2021 with a goalless draw against Northern Ireland in Belfast.[/article]

Kieran Dowell - Norwich (undisclosed fee)

[article]Norwich City have completed the signing of England Under-21 international midfielder Kieran Dowell from Everton for an undisclosed fee.

The 22-year-old has put pen to paper on a three-year deal at Carrow Road.

Dowell joined the Toffees aged seven and progressed through the club’s academy before making his first senior appearance in the UEFA Europa League in 2014.

His first Premier League start came against the Canaries at Goodison Park at the end of the 2015-16 campaign.

In the 2016-17 season Dowell scored five goals in 22 appearances, as Everton’s Under-23s squad became the inaugural winners of Premier League 2.

He has since spent time out on loan, scoring 17 goals across spells with Nottingham Forest, Sheffield United, Derby County and, most recently, Wigan Athletic, where he netted a hat-trick in July’s 8-0 win over Hull City.

Dowell has become a regular for the Three Lions at youth level, representing England’s Under-16s, 17s, 18s, 20s and 21s teams since 2012, winning the Under-20 FIFA World Cup in 2017.

Speaking to canaries.co.uk following his move to Norwich City, Dowell said: “I’m delighted. I’m glad to get it out the way early as well. I spoke with Stuart [Webber] and the boss [Daniel Farke] not so long after the season finished so it’s nice to get it sorted.

“There was a bit of interest [from other clubs] towards the end of the season and when Norwich came up, with the history of the club and what they’ve got going on with the boss and the players they’ve got here, I think it was a really good fit for me.

“It’s a massive step in my career which is why I had to make sure it’s the right decision for me. I didn’t want to rush into anything. I had a few offers but after speaking with Stuart and the boss and having a look around the training centre, I knew this was the place for me.

“I’m looking forward to getting fit and getting ready for pre-season. We’ve got about three weeks left so I’ll have a couple of days on holiday and then we’ll be back at it, ready to go.”

Head coach Daniel Farke added: “I’m very pleased with this transfer because Kieran is full of potential. He’s a young player on his way up and has experience on the international stage.

“He’s young, homegrown and has proven that he can score goals and get assists, so he’s pretty versatile in all offensive positions. I think it’s a great addition to our squad.

“He caught my eye when he was on loan at Nottingham Forest with many goals and assists, never losing his way. We’re really pleased as there was a lot of competition for his signature.

“It’s a really good transfer for us and I’m pleased that Stuart Webber was able to bring him in.” [/article]

Johan Lange - Sporting Director (Aston Villa)

[article]Aston Villa is delighted to announce the appointment of Johan Lange as the Club’s new Sporting Director.

Lange joins from Danish club FC Copenhagen where he has served as Technical Director for the last six years.

In his role as Sporting Director, Lange will report directly to the Board.

Co-owners Nassef Sawiris and Wes Edens said: “We’re pleased to welcome Johan to Aston Villa as we continue building a world-class organisation.

“This past season we were able to navigate a very difficult transition into the Premier League and are happy with the effort to stay up. But we will not be satisfied until we achieve our goal of bringing sustainable success to Aston Villa at the top tier of European football.

“We’ve made some significant strides in building an organisation and culture that will sustain success. We made significant investments into our academy programme by upgrading our facilities and bringing in a talented leadership team. We have also significantly invested in our women’s team who achieved promotion to the top tier of women’s football.

“This is a great opportunity to improve our football operations. We’re excited to work directly with Johan and the team to strengthen our analytics, sports science, talent recruitment and player development programmes.

“We are incredibly optimistic about the future of Aston Villa and remain committed to further invest in the Club’s success.”

Johan Lange said: “Aston Villa is one of the most famous clubs in European football with a rich history, but it is also a progressive club looking to the future. I am excited and honoured to be given this opportunity to contribute to the club’s ambitious strategy to become a force in Premier League football again.”[/article]

Vasilis Barkas - Celtic (reportedly £4.5m)

[article]CELTIC Football Club are delighted to announce the signing of Greek international goalkeeper, Vasilis Barkas, who has joined the club on a four-year deal from AEK Athens.

The 26-year-old, who has been capped 10 times by Greece, has spent the past four years with AEK. And he already has experience of playing at Paradise, having been in the AEK Athens side which took on Celtic in the third qualifying round of the UEFA Champions League back in 2018.

The sides drew 1-1 in Glasgow, with Callum McGregor scoring for the Hoops, with the Greeks winning 2-1 in Athens to progress to the play-off round.

Vasilis becomes Celtic’s second Greek player, following in the footsteps of Georgios Samaras, who spent five-and-a-half-years with the Hoops, making 253 appearances and scoring 74 goals.

Everyone at Celtic welcomes Vasilis to the club and wishes him every success in the years ahead.[/article]

Apparently some players exchange involved
Wasnt it 71 mill?
[article]
Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis says Lille ‘will receive circa €80m’ for Victor Osimhen, who was a main target for Gennaro Gattuso, and the player will earn ‘€4-4.5m’ per year.

The 21-year-old striker was finally announced this afternoon, following weeks of complex negotiations and moments in which it looked as if the whole deal was off.

“We are very happy at Osimhen’s arrival,” said De Laurentiis on Radio Kiss Kiss.

“The young man has been enchanted by Partenope (the ancient name for Naples, ndr). He will wear the Number 9 jersey.”

This is only a taster of the full radio interview, which will be transmitted this evening, but the radio station did release some key quotes, including the debate over how much the transfer cost.

“Gattuso really wanted to sign Osimhen. (Director of sport Cristiano) Giuntoli did a great job, because the lad changed his agents during the negotiations.

“Lille will receive circa €80m, while the player over the years will get between €4m and €4.5m per season.”

According to Sky Sport Italia, the actual cash fee is only €47.5m net (€50m gross), with another €10m in hard to get bonuses, plus four players put together and valued at €20m.

[/article]

Kemar Roofe - Rangers (undisclosed fee)

[article]RANGERS are delighted to confirm Kemar Roofe has joined the club on a four year deal for an undisclosed fee.

Roofe, 27, joins from R.S.C Anderlecht, having spent a successful period at Leeds United prior to moving to Belgium.

During his time at Leeds, he quickly became a fans’ favourite, forging a reputation as a prolific goal scorer. He was regularly nominated for, and awarded EFL Championship Player of the Month during his spell in Yorkshire, which led to a move to Belgium.

Born in England, but with eligibility for Jamaica, Roofe began his career at West Bromwich Albion, where he had successful loan spells in England and Iceland.

He is mostly deployed as a central striker, but has shown versatility and can also play on the right wing. Known for his composure in front of goal and clever movement, Rangers fans will be hoping to see Roofe hit the ground running in a light blue shirt.

Kemar will join up with his new teammates when they return from Germany.

Sporting Director, Ross Wilson, commented: “Kemar was a primary target going in to this transfer window and we are absolutely delighted that he has chosen to join Rangers.

"He is a player that has been admired for some time by Steven and the staff and we are all very excited about what he can add to our team.”

First Team Manager, Steven Gerrard added: “Kemar is recognised throughout Europe as an intelligent attacker with an eye for goal. I look forward to working with him and recognise his potential to further progress our starting XI.

"He has experienced the pressure and expectation at Leeds United and has played on the continent which will stand him in good stead for his time at Ibrox.”

Kemar Roofe underlined his delight at joining Rangers on a permanent deal, explaining, “I am delighted to join Rangers and look forward to meeting up with my new teammates.

"Rangers are a huge club, with ambition and I know this is the right fit for me to progress my career.

"I am looking forward to experiencing Ibrox and am excited to play in Europe.”
[/article]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom