• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Confirmed Transfers 19/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
David Moyes - West Ham (Manager)

[article]West Ham United are pleased to confirm that David Moyes has returned to the Club as first-team manager.

Moyes has signed an 18-month deal and begins work immediately ahead of the New Year’s Day fixture with AFC Bournemouth at London Stadium.

Joint-Chairman David Sullivan said: “David proved in his short time with the Club that he was capable of getting results and we believe that he will start moving the Club in the right direction once again.

“We are delighted to welcome David back – he knows the Club well and he built strong relationships during that time which will be crucial for the work that needs to be done going forward.”

“It’s fabulous to be back,” said Moyes. “It feels great to be home. I’ve missed being here because I really enjoyed it. I enjoyed being around the stadium and I loved being in this part of the world and I missed the Club, so I can’t wait to get started.

“I'm feeling very proud that I’m back here at West Ham. But I think more importantly I’ll be looking to see what I can do and what I can make improvements to, how we can get some wins with the players and how we can get some quick wins on the field as well.

“I do believe that the squad of players I’ve got here is a better squad of players than when I took over before, so I am looking forward to working with them.”

“I think there’s got to be a short-term goal for us just now to get the wins to get us away from the wrong end of the league and what we’re going to do over the next six months, then what we’re going to do over the next period as well. The start is really focusing on the immediate games.”

The Scot rejoins the Club he guided to a strong finish during an initial seven-month spell in charge during the 2017/18 season.

Moyes has managed in the Premier League for 15 seasons, including a successful spell at Everton which earned him a move to Manchester United.[/article]

Craig Mawson - Manchester Utd (Assistant first-team goalkeeping coach)

[article]
Craig Mawson has ended his long service with the Clarets to join Manchester United as assistant first-team goalkeeping coach.

Mawson leaves his position as head of goalkeeping coaching within the Clarets’ Academy to join United where he will work with the first-team keepers, including David de Gea and ex-Burnley number-one Lee Grant.

Mawson’s move to Old Trafford to work under senior goalkeeping coach Richard Hartis ends an association with Burnley that goes back to the mid-1990s when he first joined the club as a player.

“Burnley has been a big part of my life and I have built a real affinity with the club,” said the 40-year-old.

“I thoroughly enjoyed all my time there as a player and a coach, and I am extremely grateful to Billy Mercer and all the Academy staff I have worked with.

"I would like to thank them for everything they have done for me and for the perfect grounding they have provided me with.

"But this was an opportunity that I couldn’t let pass. To have this chance to work in a senior position at a club of Manchester United’s standing is a fantastic opportunity and one I’m delighted to take.

“I am looking forward to working with Richard Hartis, the coaches, staff and players. This is an exciting time for the club and I am delighted to be part of that.”

Mawson became a trainee goalkeeper with the Clarets in 1996 before signing professional terms two years later.

He didn’t make a senior appearance for the Clarets but went on to enjoy a successful playing career with Morecambe, Halifax Town and Hereford United.

After re-joining Burnley on a part-time coaching basis in 2006, he joined the youth staff in a permanent role in 2010.

The Yorkshireman then rose through the ranks – working with the U18s and then the U23s – and in 2015 was named as the FA’s goalkeeping coach of the year.

Mawson also worked at first-team level at Turf Moor under senior goalkeeping coach Billy Mercer and leaves the Clarets with the best wishes of everyone at the club.
[/article]

Dejan Kulusevski - Juventus (€35M + add ons)
ENRaie3W4AAjJIN

Last edited:
Santiago Ascacibar - Hertha Berlin (€10m)

[article]
The defensive midfielder has completed a move from second-division side VfB Stuttgart to Hertha and has signed a long-term deal with the club.

Berlin – Hertha BSC have completed their first signing of the new year, just in time for the trip across the sea to winter training camp in Orlando, Florida. Santiago Ascacibar has joined the Blue-Whites from second-division side VfB Stuttgart. The 22-year-old Argentina international will help add some depth to head coach Jürgen Klinsmann’s defensive midfield options. Ascacibar signed a long-term deal with the club on New Year’s Day (01.01.20) and will join his new side at training camp in the United States.

“Santiago can play at a variety of different positions in central midfield,” said sporting director Michael Preetz. “At just 22 years old, he is a young midfielder in the midst of his development and is strong in tackles. We’re extremely pleased to have added another talented player to our squad.”

“I’m pleased that we were able to complete the transfer during the winter break,” said Ascacibar. After discussions with Michael Preetz and Jürgen Klinsmann, I’m confident that I will be able to continue my development as a player at Hertha BSC and that we will be able to achieve many things here together. I’m looking forward to that and can’t wait to get to know my new team. We will do everything we can in order to move up in the standings during the second half of the season.”

Ascacibar made his professional debut in his home country, and joined Stuttgart in 2017. The youngster made 74 appearances for VfB in both the Bundesliga and Bundesliga 2. His strong performances also helped him get called up to Argentina’s senior national team, where he’s made four appearances so far.
[/article]

Li Tie - China (Head Coach)

[article]Former Everton midfielder Li Tie is the new head coach of China's national team, the country's football association announced on Thursday.

Li takes over as the long-term replacement for Marcello Lippi, who quit following a surprise loss to Syria in November in a qualifying match for the 2022 World Cup.

Li, 42, was selected from a three-man short-list by the Chinese Football Association having led a reserve side to the East Asian Championships in South Korea in December.

As a player, Li represented China on 92 occasions, including at the finals of the 2002 World Cup, the country's only appearance at the competition to date.

Later that summer Li moved to England from Chinese side Liaoning to join Everton, initially on loan, and spent three seasons with the Goodison Park-based club.

Li retired from playing in 2011 and worked under Lippi as an assistant coach with both Guangzhou Evergrande, where he won the Asian Champions League title in 2013, and the senior national side before taking over as head coach of Hebei CFFC.

He was appointed head coach of Wuhan Zall during the 2017 season, leading the club out of the second division to a sixth-place finish in the Chinese Super League by the end of the 2019 campaign.

Li will meet up with his players on Sunday for a training camp in Guangzhou. His first competitive match in charge will come on March 26, when China play the Maldives in qualifying for Qatar 2022.

China trail Syria in Group A of Asia's second phase of qualifying for the World Cup, with only the winners guaranteed to advance to the next round, where four of the continent's berths at the finals will be filled.[/article]

Patrick Roberts - Middlesbrough (loan)

[article]The club are delighted to confirm the signing of Manchester City winger Patrick Roberts on loan until the end of the season.

The 22-year-old completed the formalities of his switch on Thursday after his previous loan spell with Norwich City was brought to a conclusion.

Boro will be the fourth loan club of the youngster’s City career, having previously featured with Celtic, Girona, and Norwich.

Roberts, who represented England at every age up to Under-20, was a three-time league title winner with Celtic, where he established himself as a firm favourite, scoring 18 goals in 79 appearances.

Boro head coach Jonathan Woodgate said: “It’s great Patrick has signed up for the club.

“He’s an exciting player, he wants to play games, and he has the bit between his teeth.

“He fits the mould of what we’re looking at. He’s young and hungry, and wants to do well.

“I’m absolutely delighted to have a player of Patrick’s calibre at this football club.”

Roberts started his career at Fulham after joining them as a schoolboy from AFC Wimbledon. He joined City in the summer of 2015 on a long-term contract for an undisclosed fee after making 22 appearances for Fulham.[/article]

Strahinja Pavlovic - AS Monaco (€10m)

[article]Following a transfer deal reached with Partizan, Strahinja Pavlovic has officially signed with AS Monaco.

The promising 18-year-old central defender has signed for 5 seasons with AS Monaco until June 2024. He will return on loan to Partizan Belgrade until the end of this season.

Born on May 24, 2001 in Serbia, the athletic central defender has played 39 games with Partizan Belgrade, including 12 games in European competition since his debut in the Serbian top flight last February.

A Serbian U-21 international, he is one of the most promising players of his generation.[/article]

Giovanni van Bronckhorst - Guangzhou R&F (Head Coach)

[article]Former Feyenoord boss Giovanni van Bronckhorst has been appointed the new coach of Guangzhou R&F for the upcoming season, the Chinese Super League club announced on Saturday.

The ex-Barcelona, Arsenal and Netherlands full back replaces Dragan Stojkovic, who left the club by mutual consent on Friday.

Van Bronckhorst stood down from his role as head coach of Feyenoord at the end of the season in the Netherlands having guided the club to the Eredivisie title in 2017.

The 44-year-old will be expected to return Guangzhou to the upper reaches of the Chinese Super League after two disappointing seasons under Stojkovic.

While the Serbian took the club into the top six of the Chinese Super League in his first two campaigns, 10th and 12th place finishes in 2018 and 2019 respectively saw the former Nagoya Grampus coach part company with Guangzhou.[/article]

Alexander Nübel - Bayern Munich (free transfer)

[article]FC Bayern Munich will sign Alexander Nübel for the 2020/21 season. The club and Nübel have agreed the terms of a transfer in the last few days. The 23-year-old goalkeeper's contract with FC Schalke 04 expires on 30 June 2020. Nübel will join FC Bayern on a free transfer for five years on 1 July.[/article]

Alexander Nübel - Bayern Munich (free transfer)

[article]FC Bayern Munich will sign Alexander Nübel for the 2020/21 season. The club and Nübel have agreed the terms of a transfer in the last few days. The 23-year-old goalkeeper's contract with FC Schalke 04 expires on 30 June 2020. Nübel will join FC Bayern on a free transfer for five years on 1 July.[/article]

Santiago Ascacibar - Hertha Berlin (€10m)

[article]
The defensive midfielder has completed a move from second-division side VfB Stuttgart to Hertha and has signed a long-term deal with the club.

Berlin – Hertha BSC have completed their first signing of the new year, just in time for the trip across the sea to winter training camp in Orlando, Florida. Santiago Ascacibar has joined the Blue-Whites from second-division side VfB Stuttgart. The 22-year-old Argentina international will help add some depth to head coach Jürgen Klinsmann’s defensive midfield options. Ascacibar signed a long-term deal with the club on New Year’s Day (01.01.20) and will join his new side at training camp in the United States.

“Santiago can play at a variety of different positions in central midfield,” said sporting director Michael Preetz. “At just 22 years old, he is a young midfielder in the midst of his development and is strong in tackles. We’re extremely pleased to have added another talented player to our squad.”

“I’m pleased that we were able to complete the transfer during the winter break,” said Ascacibar. After discussions with Michael Preetz and Jürgen Klinsmann, I’m confident that I will be able to continue my development as a player at Hertha BSC and that we will be able to achieve many things here together. I’m looking forward to that and can’t wait to get to know my new team. We will do everything we can in order to move up in the standings during the second half of the season.”

Ascacibar made his professional debut in his home country, and joined Stuttgart in 2017. The youngster made 74 appearances for VfB in both the Bundesliga and Bundesliga 2. His strong performances also helped him get called up to Argentina’s senior national team, where he’s made four appearances so far.
[/article]

Replacement for Grujic after he returns to us in the summer?

Ivan Cavaleiro - Fulham (£15m)

[article]The Club is pleased to confirm that the permanent registration of Ivan Cavaleiro as a Fulham player has been completed.

Cavaleiro will remain at Craven Cottage until the summer of 2024, with a Club option to extend the deal by a further year.

The winger has been an integral part of Scott Parker’s side in the first half of the season.

Tony Khan commented:

‘Since joining us in the summer Ivan has shown real quality and I know there’s much more to come. He is an extremely gifted player, already registering five goals and six assists, he’s been outstanding for us so far. He has the ability to make a difference in a game so I am excited that he’s a Fulham player until at least 2024. I worked hard to get him here and I know Ivan has a big part to play in the journey ahead to get us back to where we want to be, in the Premier League. Come on Fulham!’[/article]

Last edited:
Oghenekaro Etebo - Getafe (loan)

[article]
Getafe have completed the loan signing of Nigerian international Oghenekaro Etebo from Stoke City, the club have confirmed.

Etebo has joined Los Azulones on a loan deal until the end of the current campaign, while the Madrid-based club will also have an option to sign him permanently.

Getafe boss Jose Bordalas had requested to club president Angel Torres to land a central midfielder after Markel Bergara announced to the club his desire to retire due to the multitude of injuries he has suffered.

24-year-old Etebo previously has played in La Liga - representing Las Palmas 14 times in the second half of the 2017/18 campaign, although he was unable to prevent their relegation at the time.

The midfielder had been on loan in the Canary Islands from Portuguese side Feirense, before subsequently joining Stoke in the summer of 2018 for €7.2m following representing Nigeria at the World Cup.

However, Etebo started just eight league games this campaign and Stoke - struggling in England’s second tier - needed to reduce their wage bill.
[/article]

Last edited:

[article]Preston North End have today completed the permanent transfer of forward Scott Sinclair from Scottish Premiership side Celtic.

The 30-year-old attacker has agreed a two-and-a-half-year deal at Deepdale and will take the No.31 shirt.

The Bath-born player was a previous EFL Championship player of the year and won the Scottish PFA player of the year in his first season at Celtic Park and has been a key figure in the treble- treble won by the Glasgow giant.

The former Chelsea and Manchester City man has scored 62 goals in 167 appearances for Neil Lennon’s side and also won promotion to the Premier League in England with Swansea City, via the Play-Offs, in 2011.

Speaking about his move to the Lilywhites, Scott said: “I am so delighted to get the deal done. I have been waiting to finally get down here to sign and I can’t wait to get started and to finally meet the lads.

“I have had a fantastic three-and-half-years with Celtic, we did the treble-treble, I got the PFA player of the year, scored goals and was top goalscorer, but now it is a new chapter for me. I am coming here to improve and to help the team push for promotion.”

PNE manager Alex Neil was also very pleased to have concluded the deal, adding: “I am delighted [to sign Scott]. The season until this point has been good, in terms of getting us into that top six contention, but we have needed to strengthen and add a little bit of knowhow and experience in certain areas.

“Scott is someone we have been interested in, and we have coveted before, and now that we have got him across the line, I am hoping that he will add that bit of quality and experience that we need.”
[/article]

Cenk Tosun - Crystal Palace (loan)

[article]Turkish international Cenk Tosun has joined Crystal Palace on loan from Everton until the end of the season.

The forward, 28, has scored 118 club goals in a 10-year professional career spanning three countries and three different leagues. Internationally, Tosun chose to represent Turkey after playing between Under-16 and Under-21 levels for Germany, his country of birth. He featured for Turkey in their Euro 2016 campaign and finished as top scorer in the country's successful qualification for Euro 2020, and has now scored 16 goals from 40 international appearances.

After Tosun put pen to paper in the half-season deal, Crystal Palace Chairman Steve Parish commented: "We're delighted to have secured Cenk's services for the remainder of this season. We've enjoyed a great first half of the campaign and Cenk's arrival will bolster our squad as we push for a top-half Premier League finish. Cenk has a proven record as a goalscorer and we've admired him for some time, so I'm very pleased to welcome him to Crystal Palace."

Tosun has a wealth of experience at domestic level, having started his career with German side Eintracht Frankfurt before moving to Süper Lig team, Gaziantepspor. In his debut season with the Turkish club, the forward scored 10 goals from just 14 appearances and went on to net 49 times in 128 games. A highlight at Gaziantepspor came when Tosun bagged a brace in his club's Spot Toto Cup-winning final against Orduspor.

Tosun's proficiency earned him a transfer to Turkish giants Beşiktaş. With the Black Eagles, Tosun scored 24 times to retain the Süper Lig title in 2016/17. Having earned Champions League experience at Beşiktaş, Tosun moved to Everton in January 2018. The Toffees finished eighth in Tosun's first campaign and the frontman netted 10 times for the Merseysiders.

He will wear the No.20 shirt for Palace.[/article]

Ondrej Duda - Norwich (loan)

[article]Norwich City have completed the signing of midfielder Ondrej Duda on loan from Hertha Berlin.

The Slovakia international will join up with the Canaries for the remainder of the 2019-20 season.

Duda, 25, enjoyed a successful season in the Bundesliga with Hertha during the 2018-19 campaign. Across 32 league games he scored eleven goals, providing a further six assists for his teammates.

Prior to his time in Germany, Duda enjoyed a successful spell with 13-time Polish champions Legia Warsaw. He formed a key part of the Legia team that completed a consecutive domestic league and cup double.

In 2014, Duda claimed the U21 Slovakian Footballer of the Year award, whilst playing for home nation club Kosice, after progressing through the club’s academy.

Speaking exclusively to canaries.co.uk, Duda said: “I spoke with the coach [Daniel Farke] a few days ago about the possibility to come here and in the end, I decided I want to come here. I wanted to decide fast and right and I’m happy to be here.

“The main reasons are it’s a nice club, the league and my situation at my ex-club. It was the reason why I wanted to change club.

“He [Farke] was just honest with me. He told me what was going on here and he told me everything about Norwich. When we talked, it was clear that I wanted to come here.

“I’m going to do my best, but first of all, I need to get into match rhythm and we will see. I hope we are going to take some points, step-by-step. In the end, hopefully everyone will be happy.”

Norwich City head coach Daniel Farke said: “We’re really happy that it was possible for us to get Ondrej on board. He was fantastic last season for Hertha Berlin and was able to deliver many goals and assists.

“It’s a good deal for all parties. We’re bringing in a player who can play in the number ten role or in the wider areas and he’s proven that he can score goals and provide assists at the highest level.

“We’ll have to see how quickly he can help us and adapt, but we’re hopeful he can be a very good option for us for the second part of the season.”
[/article]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom