• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Confirmed Summer Transfers 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
it seems to me we're trying to deliberately distance ourselves as we're afraid of 'tampering' issues ...
can't be this much smoke without fire surely?

If Villa or Chelsea end up getting Ugarte for 40-50m, serious questions need to be asked.

We can let slip by Jude going to Madrid for 100m, we never had that money to spend on 1 player from the off.....but not this.

I'm torn between hoping we get our first choice targets or not, as our first choice targets seem horribly underwhelming

I'm torn between hoping we get our first choice targets or not, as our first choice targets seem horribly underwhelming

What do you mean by "or not"?

There isn't really any other option unless you want to see Fab/Baj Hendo/Elliott and Jones/Thiago for another 2 years.

What do you mean by "or not"?

There isn't really any other option unless you want to see Fab/Baj Hendo/Elliott and Jones/Thiago for another 2 years.

I mean if we don't get our first choice, we go for our second choice.

I want mids in regardless, but when you consider salah was our backup choice, i think sometimes it can be a blessing to not overextend for primary target.

As long as we have a list of targets, unlike previous years

This thread is for non-LFC transfers, right? Plenty of other threads for our transfers in general and specific positions/players.

Sorry, i came in on the second page and immediately assumed it was about us. My bad

Ashley Barnes joining Norwich on free transfer after helping Burnley win promotion

[article]Norwich City are pleased to announce that Ashley Barnes will join the club on a two-year deal from July 1.

The striker joins the club having won his second Sky Bet Championship title, and third promotion, with Burnley last season.

Barnes played 293 times for the Clarets, with 200 of those appearances coming in the Premier League where he also scored 42 of his 55 goals for the club.

The 33-year-old will wear the number 10 shirt for Norwich.

Speaking at the announcement of his signing, Barnes said: "I am delighted, over the moon that it’s finally done.

"I think the ambition to get back into the Premier League was the main thing.

"The conversations I had (with Stuart Webber and David Wagner) were brilliant, they showed me how they wanted me to play and how they want me to fit in to the group and I’m happy to totally push us forward and try to get us promoted next season.”

Norwich City head coach David Wagner added: "We’re delighted to welcome Ashley to the club. He is a player I’ve come across on a number of occasions and he knows exactly what it takes to be successful in this league.

“It was very clear from our conversations that he has a real hunger and desire to continue to perform at the highest level. It was a feeling that we both have, the determination to do whatever it takes to win football games.

“There was a lot of competition for his signature, which says a lot about how he is respected and valued in the game.

“I’m very happy to have this deal completed early and we look forward to welcoming Ashley to the group when we return for pre-season.”

Originally from Bath, Barnes started his Football League career with Plymouth Argyle while also going on numerous loan spells during his three years at Home Park.

He then made 170 appearances across four years with Brighton & Hove Albion, securing League One promotion, before switching to Burnley in 2014.[/article]

Hamed Traore completes permanent move to AFC Bournemouth for £21m plus add-ons.

[article]AFC Bournemouth are delighted to confirm the permanent signing of Hamed Traorè from Serie A side Sassuolo.

Conditions within the original loan agreement have been reached, and the Ivorian is now contracted to the Cherries until June 2028.

AFC Bournemouth chief executive Neill Blake said: "We've been really impressed by Hamed since his arrival in January, and we're delighted to have him with us for the long term. He's shown he's already capable of performing well at the top level, and we're excited to see him develop even further.

"The permanent signing of Hamed is another mark of our ambition for the coming years, building on this season's success to compete once again in the Premier League."

Traore added: “Everyone has been really welcoming with me. Everything is good here and I’m just happy to be here.

The midfielder has recently returned to training having been ruled out through injury for the last month and revealed: “I’ve had a couple of injuries so I’m looking forward to next season, but right now I’m working hard and hope to come back before the end and help the team.”[/article]

Fucking how much??

We might get 60m for gomez if we try our hardest

Hamed Traore? Only 23 yrs but already had 140 apps, 18 goals and 13 assists featuring for the "smaller" clubs like Empoli and Sassuolo (1, 3.5 seasons respectively) though.

Keita will go down in history as the worst transfer ever.
iu

I did the stats. Arguably a better signing than keita

"The CLOSEST signing in terms of cost, expectation, disappointment, and general injury shiteness was probably Aquilani. Came in to replace Alonso for a decent fee (for us at the time). A lot of hype and excitement. Injured on arrival, a few alright performances and then the injures took hold more. Aquilani was proto-keita.

Edit: In fact Aquilani had as many assists as Keita in all competitions, in 3 years less. Thankfully, Naby had a better scoring rate of 11 goals in all competitions as opposed to Albertos 2. In 3 more seasons

11 goals, 6 assists in 129 appearances, compared to 2 goals and 6 assists in 28 appearances"

Obviousl, aqua coming in to replace alonso hurt us....but fuck me, keitas shiteness has no doubt indirectly caused our recent midfield dearth of options

NOW ENOUGH ABOUT LIVERPOOL

I see some other clubs have been buying players

Keita is our worst signing ever bar none. Factor in cost, expectation, delivery ... he's been a disaster.

Of the other candidates
  • Karius - cost peanuts, we knew he was a cunt but, yeah, cost us big
  • Carroll - expensive but scored some goals and had a 'certain' cult edge but, of course, was pants
  • Sean Dundee - baffling how he was a professional football player but, 2M
  • Diouf - nickname 'serial killer' and a decent WC raised expectation, turned out to be a worse human than Stalin
  • Ox - dubious signing for the money, imperious for a bit in 2018, but probs had about 10 good games in total
  • Lucas - is Lucas
Keita. 100%.

Last edited:
I like to remind myself that a failure to get our targets will have a silver lining of getting to witness a full on total loon meltdown in here

Not getting players who weren’t targets, that no-one has ever previously heard of and who didn’t actually move anyway causing the loons to rage hard will also bea little comforting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom