• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Colin Murray quits talkSPORT over station's relationship with The S*n

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive my ignorance but I thought that recent events meant that the justice campaign had finally achieved it's aims. Is that not the case?

"inevitable future working relationship between Talksport and The S*n"

17a7fa8d4ec4408e60afaf44457bf407.jpg

Forget whether you like him or not, he decided to do something based on his own personal moral code. I admire that in anyone.

He's not everyone's cup of tea, I know, but he made the point that he was doing a good job, that people wanted him to continue. He just didn't want to get involved with that rag. Maybe he knew he couldn't personally look himself in the mirror if he did, I don't know. But he made a choice and I agree with his choice, I'd admire him even if I didn't I think.

He was on my flight to Istanbul. He never once played the look at me, I'm mildly famous card. He was just another LFC fan. I don't agree with all the things he says or does, but let's face it, there's no one in the world I agree with on every thing.

To be accurate, he knew about the takeover for about three weeks, he then got his agent to start looking for alternative deals, one of which I believe he's more or less signed up to do, so he's not wandering out into the wilderness (with his weird collection of mates, such as Bob 'He sounds really drunk' Mills and co), but all the same, it gets a bit of publicity, which is what is STILL needed.

To be accurate, he knew about the takeover for about three weeks, he then got his agent to start looking for alternative deals, one of which I believe he's more or less signed up to do, so he's not wandering out into the wilderness (with his weird collection of mates, such as Bob 'He sounds really drunk' Mills and co), but all the same, it gets a bit of publicity, which is what is STILL needed.

So you are saying he is going to host Skirmish on UK Conquest?

Forgive my ignorance but I thought that recent events meant that the justice campaign had finally achieved it's aims. Is that not the case?

No. The S*n is still in business. A part of it is to get everyone stop buying it.

People actually listen to Talksport? Wow.
He's an annoying tool sometimes, ok at others. Was decent on Fighting Talk. He loves MLB (as do I), he's a red, and he's fucked off a very well-paid job doing what he loves for his principles. Not many around who would do that, good on him.

I know you really don't like him Macca, but give him a bit of credit for doing the right thing. I know a lot of people who know him personally, and by all accounts he is actually a really decent guy, and as @Spionkop69 noted, doesn't act like some special celeb.

I've always liked Colin Murray both on the Beeb and talksport, it's generally a different take on the sports from the traditional radio shows.
I happened to flick over to talksport the night jose was announced as utd manager, there were two presenters who were going at it, shouting and slagging each other off, it really was horrific radio.

they were so heated that one of em went to an impromptu ad break, I imagine he told the other one to f* off while off air

I hated him on MOTD a few years ago and I generally find his style annoying, but he deserves a bit of respect for this.

I just hope he doesn't pop up somewhere more mainstream than TalkSport, which I could gladly ignore.

I know you really don't like him Macca, but give him a bit of credit for doing the right thing. I know a lot of people who know him personally, and by all accounts he is actually a really decent guy, and as @Spionkop69 noted, doesn't act like some special celeb.

I gave him a bit of credit for dong the right thing, so I guess you want me to give him more than a bit of credit. As a broadcaster I cannot stand him, and thought his recent month-long radio bromance with Keith Gillespie was one of the most embarrassing, smugly self-regarding and irritating things I've heard in ages, and his fake Steve Wright-like posse (featuring a drunk-sounding Bob Mills) IMHO takes amour-propre to levels rarely reached since Rousseau's temples last twitched, but I know some think he's sincere, talented, witty and great, which is absolutely fine by me. It's just a matter of taste. But in these instances I'm afraid I've just seen and heard too many cynical acts to regard them with anything but suspicion (The S*n has already had a relationship with TalkSport, and been sponsoring certain shows and advertising during his own show for years, not months, without appearing to register on his outlook, and I'm reliably informed he was horrified to find out that his new contract would come with much greater control on how he hosted his show - hence the pointed comments about previously being left to control it himself), but, as I say, the practical impact of this particular act is only good, so good on him for that.

Currently, the following Reds, supposed or otherwise, apart from Murray, are in the pay of TalkSport on a regular or occasional basis:

Micky Quinn
Danny Murphy
Didi Hamman
Alan Parry
Ray Houghton
Graham Beecroft
Matt Smith

And then there's Ray Stubbs, who I think a Tranmere fan but obviously has links with the city.

And then there's Paddy Power, which has loads of LFC fans at the top.

I wonder how many will cut their ties with the station now?

I gave him a bit of credit for dong the right thing, so I guess you want me to give him more than a bit of credit. As a broadcaster I cannot stand him, and thought his recent month-long radio bromance with Keith Gillespie was one of the most embarrassing, smugly self-regarding and irritating things I've heard in ages, and his fake Steve Wright-like posse (featuring a drunk-sounding Bob Mills) IMHO takes amour-propre to levels rarely reached since Rousseau's temples last twitched, but I know some think he's sincere, talented, witty and great, which is absolutely fine by me. It's just a matter of taste. But in these instances I'm afraid I've just seen and heard too many cynical acts to regard them with anything but suspicion (The S*n has already had a relationship with TalkSport, and been sponsoring certain shows and advertising during his own show for years, not months, without appearing to register on his outlook, and I'm reliably informed he was horrified to find out that his new contract would come with much greater control on how he hosted his show - hence the pointed comments about previously being left to control it himself), but, as I say, the practical impact of this particular act is only good, so good on him for that.

What I don't understand is, whenever this guy clearly doesn't float your boat, to the point that it clearly pains you to listen, why in the name of God would you tune in? You have clearly followed his every syllable much more closely than people who actually like him. Switch off.

What I don't understand is, whenever this guy clearly doesn't float your boat, to the point that it clearly pains you to listen, why in the name of God would you tune in? You have clearly followed his every syllable much more closely than people who actually like him. Switch off.

Er, I did. Thanks for the advice, though. In return, when you feel a bit tipsy, stop drinking.

Therefore Redknapp, Carragher, Souness etc should resign from Skysports?

Liverpool FC should also strike from any Sky appearances and go BT all the way.

Currently, the following Reds, supposed or otherwise, apart from Murray, are in the pay of TalkSport on a regular or occasional basis:

Micky Quinn
Danny Murphy
Didi Hamman
Alan Parry
Ray Houghton
Graham Beecroft
Matt Smith

And then there's Ray Stubbs, who I think a Tranmere fan but obviously has links with the city.

And then there's Paddy Power, which has loads of LFC fans at the top.

I wonder how many will cut their ties with the station now?

Perhaps they should rename it Walksport

LOLZ

Er, I did. Thanks for the advice, though. In return, when you feel a bit tipsy, stop drinking.

Please don't get bitchy with me Macca, there's absolutely no need, nor have I ever given you cause for such nonsense. I just really don't understand, unless you actually wanted to be irritated. I'm serious, why would you endure 'a month long bromance' you're evidently hating. "I'll tune in tomorrow to see how that Bromance with that annoying twat Colin Murray is getting on." It's very strange.

Because I was paid to do so for a particular professional purpose. Happy now?
Fucking hell GK - You were paid to listen to talksport? I hope it was a lot. That's like getting paid to do get root canal work done when you don't need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom