• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Club up for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opposite, no?

That's exactly the kind of billionaire we do want at the club... one that will choose the club he (or his family) supports over some random club.
Dunno the whole " fuck it , we will buy them because the kid supports them " doesn't do much for me

Does FSG have any ambition for Liverpool and Silverware or just happy being footnotes in Man City's legacy? One signing per window is all they seem to be able to manage, with a net spend of under £40m. I do hope they sell the club to an Arab Sheikh who see's the club as a vanity project and throws money at it.

Does FSG have any ambition for Liverpool and Silverware or just happy being footnotes in Man City's legacy? One signing per window is all they seem to be able to manage, with a net spend of under £40m. I do hope they sell the club to an Arab Sheikh who see's the club as a vanity project and throws money at it.

1 decent signing per window would represent a major upgrade on their current policy

My bet is they set clear limits on transfer spend at any one time, within which the club can sign as many players as it wants but, when the limit is reached, that's absolutely it until the next spending round. This would explain for example why we left ourselves short at CB until we fetched Virgil in, and I'm holding on to the hope that it indicates Bellingham's on his way in the summer. At times like this some might be tempted to argue that we should go for more players even if they're of somewhat lesser quality, but we've been down that road before and it didn't help.

I'd add that IMO part of the reason for what we're seeing is the loss of Mane. Without him on our left (a) Robbo and the Greek Scouser are exposed quite a bit more often and (b) Virgil's without his main outlet for those long diagonal passes he can hit so well. Add that to the fact that our midfield's wearing a bit thin now and you have a combination of circs.which would cause any team problems.

My bet is they set clear limits on transfer spend at any one time, within which the club can sign as many players as it wants but, when the limit is reached, that's absolutely it until the next spending round. This would explain for example why we left ourselves short at CB until we fetched Virgil in, and I'm holding on to the hope that it indicates Bellingham's on his way in the summer. At times like this some might be tempted to argue that we should go for more players even if they're of somewhat lesser quality, but we've been down that road before and it didn't help.

I'd add that IMO part of the reason for what we're seeing is the loss of Mane. Without him on our left (a) Robbo and the Greek Scouser are exposed quite a bit more often and (b) Virgil's without his main outlet for those long diagonal passes he can hit so well. Add that to the fact that our midfield's wearing a bit thin now and you have a combination of circs.which would cause any team problems.

Finally - a voice of sanity.

The limit is £40m per season. In the summer we achieved net spend of near enough 0, in the winter we paid for Diaz and sold no one I think. There's no point crying about Mane, a) the board left it too late to negotiate his transfers b)We fans keep harping on about revamping the attack, so it has to start somewhere c) had we lost Salah instead of Mane we would have suffered similar fashion. We haven't had Bobby the last two games and you can tell we are missing his pressing higher up the pitch d) Mane wanted to leave.
Every Tom, Dick and Harry Know our MF is shit when one of Hendo, Fabs or thiago goes missing. As I said in another post, we need more bods in MF, even with the personnel we have at the moment. 4-3-3 should be dead

There it is - the way to make us better is to sell our best players more often so as we can buy bright shiny new things !!

Fuck me dead!!!

The limit is £40m per season. In the summer we achieved net spend of near enough 0, in the winter we paid for Diaz and sold no one I think. There's no point crying about Mane, a) the board left it too late to negotiate his transfers b)We fans keep harping on about revamping the attack, so it has to start somewhere c) had we lost Salah instead of Mane we would have suffered similar fashion. We haven't had Bobby the last two games and you can tell we are missing his pressing higher up the pitch d) Mane wanted to leave.
Every Tom, Dick and Harry Know our MF is shit when one of Hendo, Fabs or thiago goes missing. As I said in another post, we need more bods in MF, even with the personnel we have at the moment. 4-3-3 should be dead

Who's crying? The point I was making was that we have suffered from losing him, nothing more, nothing less.

You have a gift bordering on genius for grabbing the wrong end of the stick at times.

Last edited:
Who's crying? The point I was making was that we have suffered from losing him, nothing more, nothing less.

You have a gift bordering on genius for grabbing the wrong end of the stick at times.
You're not the only one to mention Mane, we had someone else blaming Salah for Mane's departure on being a "greedy cunt" and buying Nunez.Nunez will come good, it will take this season

We are also missing Diaz and Jota who would have buried some of those chances or pressed more than Ox. We missed Bobby's pressing which goes under the radar.

Brentford cut us open and we conceded 3 but could have conceded 6, thats a MF and defensive issue
Talk Sport caller sums it up

Last edited:
“Talk sports caller sums it up”….

upload_2023-1-3_23-59-11.gif

Don't you guys think FSG are asking way too much for the club - I get that Chelsea went for a high price but they probably have London tax added to it. I mean if they bought the club for 300M and asking for 3.5B - they are expecting 10x more in return - would that not piss any potential buyer ? - why should the buy for that much - are we really worth that much ? - in this way - it makes them no better than a slightly more sophisticated version of the previous Newcastle United owner.

Don't you guys think FSG are asking way too much for the club - I get that Chelsea went for a high price but they probably have London tax added to it. I mean if they bought the club for 300M and asking for 3.5B - they are expecting 10x more in return - would that not piss any potential buyer ? - why should the buy for that much - are we really worth that much ? - in this way - it makes them no better than a slightly more sophisticated version of the previous Newcastle United owner.

How much are FSG asking?

How much are FSG asking?
Most reports keep showing 3.5 to 4 Billion - if you go by them. Given that Chelsea went for around the 3.5B mark where there was an agreement that 1B of that will go towards investing in the team.

Considering Man U's asking price is close to $7bn, and they have over £500m debt and require at least £200m stadium renovation, and the highest wage bill in the PL bar Man City whose accounts are dubious to say the least.
Liverpool on the other hand have expanded their stadium, much lower debt and a manager who has had 3 CL finals in 5 years.

btw The owner of Chelsea does not own the football ground. The land alone might be worth several hundred million but its owned by a Trust last time I looked

If the Glazers want 7bn for United then I can't see investors not seeing 3.5bn as a bargain.

I suspect FSG are just being incredibly indecisive about this, as always, or they are deluded that they can still add value to the job, or have given some kind of veto to the self appointment fan groups like SOS

If the Glazers want 7bn for United then I can't see investors not seeing 3.5bn as a bargain.

I suspect FSG are just being incredibly indecisive about this, as always, or they are deluded that they can still add value to the job, or have given some kind of veto to the self appointment fan groups like SOS

I cannot believe that anyone would pay £7BN for a fucking football club - its just unrealistic of them - deluded in fact. Bad enough for us at £3.5BN - but if you think about it the take over of our club, newcastle, possibly man city as well were all around the same price range right 200m - 400M ? So to say we are worth suddenly - £3.5 BN is just plain silly - I don't think anyone will pay that much for us.

So Mbappe to Liverpool? I'm joking

A full take over can't happen, see RB Leipzig & RB Salzburg as the example. Unless they sell PSG first.

Or unless... they feel UEFA will roll over and be tickled now they let both Red Bull teams to play in the Champions League

We should brace ourselves for the very real possibility that FSG won’t be able to sell at a price they want.

And we will slide into mid table again.

Klopp will leave. We replace our top older players with second rate younger players.

This club must sell.

We should brace ourselves for the very real possibility that FSG won’t be able to sell at a price they want.

And we will slide into mid table again.

Klopp will leave. We replace our top older players with second rate younger players.

This club must sell.

All good points, and for whatever reason our owners think they can get he price they have set at. Telling you we will be lucky if we get sold by the summer, just cannot see it, the asking price is just dumb. No one is going to buy a football club for that price here, clearly the guy from Chelsea is a special case - given the way he is behaving in the transfer market - I think he is a full blown nut job.

Sherifin Sheikh Ahmed Al-Khalifa Abu Issa in our area the size of Liverpool and told me that according to his knowledge there is an official Gulf offer to buy Liverpool and that the ownership may be transferred within two weeks only, God willing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom