• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll City at CAS

Prefix for Poll Threads

What will the outcome be

• They'll get off with it, completely exonerated, FFP falls apart

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • They get a reduced ban, some sort of fine

Votes: 20 32.3%
  • They get no ban, some sort of fine

Votes: 26 41.9%
  • Initial punishment stands, the fume goes into meltdown about the cartel, Pep fucks off

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
FSG bought us because of FFP, and that it could mean that they could compete with these oil rich cunts on a fair level.

Well now FFP is dead, they might think this is now time for an exit.
There are a handful of clubs with multi billionaire owners knocking around that might think it's open season to take the piss now.

Just look at this smug cunt.
f03025caa9c8f3b97307677123d5205a.jpg

This is confounding.

The CAS banned the Chinese swimmer for not cooperating (he failed to submit to a drug test) for 8 years. He was not proven to have taken performance enhancing drugs, but his conduct undermined the drug testing regime.

By their own rationale, CAS ought to have banned City for more than two years. Something stinks.

That is not for us to decide. All we can do is take every single member of our squad and put them on a course of steroids and/or growth hormones starting today, and subsequently refuse any and all cooperation with the random drug testing bodies.

This is confounding.

The CAS banned the Chinese swimmer for not cooperating (he failed to submit to a drug test) for 8 years. He was not proven to have taken performance enhancing drugs, but his conduct undermined the drug testing regime.

By their own rationale, CAS ought to have banned City for more than two years. Something stinks.
Its called money..

The chinese swimmer had none or the communist state was not willing to pay.

Man City seemingly have paid.

Not only was the ban not upheld. But the fine slashed.

Despite CAS admitting some guilt.

Interesting footnote on Sky Sports newsfeed - let's hope the Premier League don't fold, am sure they'll be reading the full judgement with great interest.

While Manchester City's European ban has been overturned by the Court of Arbitration for Sport, they do remain under investigation by the Premier League.
The league opened their investigation in March 2019 - just one day after UEFA revealed they were looking into the claims that City had breached their financial fair play rules.​
The Premier League are looking into those same allegations, as well as claims over City's recruitment of academy players and third-party ownership.​

Interesting footnote on Sky Sports newsfeed - let's hope the Premier League don't fold, am sure they'll be reading the full judgement with great interest.

While Manchester City's European ban has been overturned by the Court of Arbitration for Sport, they do remain under investigation by the Premier League.
The league opened their investigation in March 2019 - just one day after UEFA revealed they were looking into the claims that City had breached their financial fair play rules.​
The Premier League are looking into those same allegations, as well as claims over City's recruitment of academy players and third-party ownership.​
They will fold. They've seen the outcome from CAS. It's done.

FFP is dead

Their investigation is wider though. Even if they fold on FFP, they will get a lot pressure on youth recruitment from the rest of the League - it was getting impossible for clubs to recruit the best kids because they couldn't (ethically) / wouldn't (financially) match what City were offering those kids' parents. If there's TPO issues, FIFA will be all over that like a rash.

Their investigation is wider though. Even if they fold on FFP, they will get a lot pressure on youth recruitment from the rest of the League - it was getting impossible for clubs to recruit the best kids because they couldn't (ethically) / wouldn't (financially) match what City were offering those kids' parents. If there's TPO issues, FIFA will be all over that like a rash.

TPO?

Bastards. Now if Bin Salman passes the “fit and proper” test, I’m afraid together those 2 events this will complete the transformation of football to a plaything for billionaires and petro-states and increasingly irrelevant for everyone else.

If the offences were committed in 2015 and the UEFA investigation started in 2019 how is that outside the 5 year limit?

Is anyone actually surprised? It was always going to happen. City have enough money to keep CAS and UEFA tied up in court forever had they not been successful. This ruling suits all parties.

It means UEFA might as well not have any rules and that FFP is dead. I'm not arsed about that as FFP was a farce from the off. It's just that it leads to a situation where any law seems unenforceable. I mean compare it to juicing up. Say UEFA asked for internal drug testing results are clubs allowed to say no? That's how City got away with this. Just ignoring it so as not to incriminate themselves.

We live within our means because of FFP (not because FSG are running a business obvs).
Thanks - you picked up on exactly the point I was alluding to. Obviously FSG are sitting on a trillion quid they’d just love to blow on transfers but aren’t doing so simply because of the FFP Rules. Ffs.

UEFA was actually shammed into taking action because the sordid details were leaked. It was a half-arsed investigation from the get-go.

This.

What were people expecting. City had already been investigated, charged, found guilty and punished.

They were never going to be re-punished for the same thing - so something additional had to be proven.

They’ve now been found guilty of not co-operating with UEFA - but UEFA failed to prove that, in addition, City misrepresented their sponsorship earnings.

That’s the crux - despite how much fun it would have been to see City banned, UEFA actually had to prove the cheating - which in this case means they would have had to prove City’s owners paid a large proportion of the Etihad sponsorship deal.

UEFA’s evidence appears to have been some hacked emails and City’s non-cooperation.

I do think think this was posturing from UEFA to make it look like they’d done the right thing.

I wouldn’t expect the Premier League to even bother their arses looking at FFP.

It means UEFA might as well not have any rules and that FFP is dead. I'm not arsed about that as FFP was a farce from the off. It's just that it leads to a situation where any law seems unenforceable. I mean compare it to juicing up. Say UEFA asked for internal drug testing results are clubs allowed to say no? That's how City got away with this. Just ignoring it so as not to incriminate themselves.

See, I don’t think you’re right here - it would be more like they’d been convicted and punished for “minor juicing” but years later it was alleged that it was more prevalent - a greater punishment was handed down, but there wasn’t enough evidence to convict.

See, I don’t think you’re right here - it would be more like they’d been convicted and punished for “minor juicing” but years later it was alleged that it was more prevalent - a greater punishment was handed down, but there wasn’t enough evidence to convict.
This isn’t correct though. Wolands is nearer the mark. They haven’t been punished AT ALL for FFP, the fine relates to their conduct during the investigation. Reporting 8m of income as 68m and getting the cash from elsewhere has passed by completely untouched

You don't even need to say no, all of the following would suffice for the appeal hearing

Dehydrated, sorry, can't piss.
Moving home, forgot
I'm gay, don't harrass me
Is it cos I is black?
I have identified as female, how dare you force me to use my dick to piss into that cup
I suffered trauma in the Falkands whereby I have a medical condition where I can no longer piss
Gone to pizza express, come back another time

Ok, so now the whole sport will be a awash with ludicrous spending. What a difference a day makes.

Please tell me that's a photoshop and not him actually taking a selfie in front of his TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom