• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

City’s winning run

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you mean - it's disgustingly good because of their depth.
It’s not that easy to cope and change a side and win every single week. I think it’s an easy call to say that. They couldn’t do it last year and looked fucked at the end of Sept.
It’s very unfair the money they have but the run is impressive imo. I know nobody agrees which is fair enough.

I hope they win every game in every comp, until they meet us in the champions league final and get battered.

The only chance we have at winning the CL is avoiding all premier league clubs still involved.

It’s not that easy to cope and change a side and win every single week. I think it’s an easy call to say that. They couldn’t do it last year and looked fucked at the end of Sept.
It’s very unfair the money they have but the run is impressive imo. I know nobody agrees which is fair enough.

Last year we won the league as we had the best First XI. This season needs squad depth and games are at a different intensity. It is easier to chop and change a side when your replacements to the First XI are Stones, Zinchenko, Cancelo, Gundogan, Foden, Mahrez, Bernardo etc.

No one is doubting that its a great set of results. But is it that impressive? Fuck no.

In many ways this is the perfect sort of season for a club like City.

Most of their rivals had no money and so were unable to reinforce to any great effect over the preseason and January windows. City spent about £140m last summer.

The fixture schedule is exhausting most squads that simply don't have the depth of talent City have available to them so injuries and fatigue can't be managed the same as in a standard season and it's showing clearly.

There are no fans at any away games, their away record last year was poor, they lost 7 and drew 1 away from home. This season they have lost just 1 game on the road.

So yeah its a great run of results, but City winning is exactly what you would expect to see in the current environment. It's made for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom