• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

City’s winning run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreambeliever

From Doubter to Believer (to doubter again)
We haven’t really spoken about it or even acknowledged it.

Where does it rank? Pretty impressive after many wrote them
off in September/October

I don’t think they can win everything but at least winning the league at the canter stops Utd and further highlights how impressive our run over the last 2 seasons has been.

I'm not interested in ranking anything like this. I don't give a fuck about these sorts of records.

Like everything City does it counts for nothing in my book. Where do you put nothing?

Ha fair enough. Well if they continue it to the end of season they’ll win everything so I think it would count for something.

I really don’t want them to win the CL.

For me it is more evidence of the impact of unlimited funds on the outcomes. In a season where they have more games closer together with less recovery time, more uncertainty with Covid, no fans - they are crushing the competition. They will lose eventually but this is the perfect scenario for a club like that who thrives on an unequal playing field.

They get no gold stars from me this season.

A team that should have been banned from Europe, but cowardice and corruption saved them.

A team that is only on the map because of money.

A team that has the biggest financial advantage in english history, and that thrives on "death by football" winning games in empty stadiums so they dont deal with crowd pressure (see raheem at Anfield).

A team, like their manager, that showed their class last year with their inept "respect" for us when they clapped us.

Fuck them, fuck their noisy neighbors and glad no one gives a shit about them, bar our resident Manchester connoisseur.

In a year where several clubs have to U-18 players on the bench and in the match day squad, just to have enough players.
City are coasting with a 500 mill £ bench.

As others have said, they dont deserve any praise or acknowledgement at all.
It annoys me when the commentators talk about how good a job Pep is doing. He's playing Football manager ffs.

Chelsea are the same. Fuck em.

Considering this season he had his worst ever start to a league campaign, he’s going alright like.

@Farkmaster pretty much sums up what we all think of them, City aren't worth talking about.

Don't watch their predictable games, don't pay attention to any statements the club comes out with...the only think I'll be interested in reading is if they go through some kind of financial crisis and ploddle off back down to where they were and how most remember them to be.

Considering this season he had his worst ever start to a league campaign, he’s going alright like.

Considering every other team is affected by the economical side effects of Covid and a horrendous schedule.
Who knew that having a 2 top tier players in every position and a 500 mill £ bench to rotate with would win you loads of games.
Who fucking knew.

Fraudiola himself said last week that the reason they are on their winning run is because they have more money than anybody else.
Some thought he was being sarcastic but he repeated it in his next interview, while mentioning the likes of Madrid, Barca and manure doing the same in the past.

So anyone being impressed with them and their winning run can go get fucked.

giphy.gif

Who was it said they hadn't seen City fans this happy since they were Chelsea fans? Jimmy Carr?

I think that sums it up nicely.

Why would you want to acknowledge it? They've walked the league this season because we've been dealt a shit hand and everyone else isn't good enough. They have a massive squad and have taken advantage of the situation. How many points ahead where we again last year, without the benefit of a brilliant bench?

Only Pat would think it was a good time to start throwing accolades around about the oil money team, like we're not depressed enough.

Once again, in football, being contrary or against the grain isn't a mark of intelligence, it just shows that you don't fucking "get" it.

Why would you want to acknowledge it? They've walked the league this season because we've been dealt a shit hand and everyone else isn't good enough. They have a massive squad and have taken advantage of the situation. How many points ahead where we again last year, without the benefit of a brilliant bench?

Only Pat would think it was a good time to start throwing accolades around about the oil money team, like we're not depressed enough.

I actually hadn’t paid attention at all and only noticed it so thought it was worthy of discussion. Simple as that.

Ok, sorry. I just don't understand why we would want to acknowledge it. Like "well done City on capitalising on your only rival losing pretty much half of their available team. You the best with your £500m bench".

It doesn't rank because it's been such a freak season. At least last year when we tore up the Premiership, it was done by the time Covid had any sort of impact. Yet City fans are lording it up all over social media about how it shows that Liverpool are just average. Erm...

Ok, sorry. I just don't understand why we would want to acknowledge it. Like "well done City on capitalising on your only rival losing pretty much half of their available team. You the best with your £500m bench".

It doesn't rank because it's been such a freak season. At least last year when we tore up the Premiership, it was done by the time Covid had any sort of impact. Yet City fans are lording it up all over social media about how it shows that Liverpool are just average. Erm...
I think it shows for freakishly good we are actually are more than anything. Without us City would be walking towards 5 in a row.
But having said that to not have an off day across all comps is decent no?

Yeah it is, they were always going to come good.

I've argued this before, that the main things they've had to overcome are the injuries and then retirement to Kompany, the unpredictable availability of Aguero and the eventual ageing and loss of David Silva.

• They look like they have a settled defense now but it's taken them over a year to get here, which is why it's so laughable that certain quarters are refusing acknowledge that losing three of our centre backs is an acceptable "excuse" to not be challenging.
  • While the injuries to Aguero have eventually been cushioned by the likes of Sterling, Foden and others chipping in with more goals and creativity.
  • Mahrez has gradually got going and softened the loss of Silva and the injuries to De Bruyne, then you have the likes of Gundogan, Zinchenko and co starting to reshape the midfield again for them.
It's been a gradual process which hasn't happened overnight, but I'm sure they can live with slipping off the gas for a year or so to bed everyone in, now they are back to near where they were, their squad is once again staggering in it's quality and depth. But that's why they are where they are. It'll take us time to get back to where we were. Injured players need to come back the same players, ageing players have to go or make way/be supported by new blood. Like with Jota up top, he will push the others for a place now, we need the same sort of depth at fullback, while I'm not convinced that the defense doesn't need an overhaul:

• I remain unconvinced by Trent as a defender, we at least need a more solid natural defender as an option on the right. Robbo needs support too, it remains to be seen what the Greek lad has to offer.
  • I'm not convinced that our fringe centre halves have that much to offer - Kabak, Phillips and Davies still have a lot to prove, while Gomez is hit and miss and Matip surely has to go.
That says defensive overhaul to me, which as I said, will take time to implement and settle. The midfield is largely fine, we could do with a bit of attacking depth, but a midfield from Fabinho, Henderson, Gini, Thiago, Milner and Jones has good depth, I still think we need a playmaker though, City at one point had De Bruyne, Silva and Mahrez! That right there demonstrates the difference in depth.

Haven't read this thread yet. It's an impressive run - people are wanking off about it tons. If they win their next 11 games then they'll finish with 1 point less than we won the league with last season.

Cunts.

Haven't read this thread yet. It's an impressive run - people are wanking off about it tons. If they win their next 11 games then they'll finish with 1 point less than we won the league with last season.

Cunts.
It’s disgustingly good regardless of their depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom