• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Circuit Breaker Lockdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

6TimesaRed

Not a Bot....
Administrator
Talks over EFL entering a circuit breaker lockdown after Christmas, due to increasing levels of positive tests with the new strain of this virus

Problem is with the EFL that they are no where near the levels of testing that is available to the Premier League..

PL currently testing twice a week, whereas the EFL are lucky if they are once a week.. some clubs are once a month

It's is quite bad when you think about it.. for example German lower League clubs are being tested at least twice a week.

What are the PFA doing to support their players ? Happy to pay some silly salaries to PFA board members and throw money at contesting Salary Caps in the EFL, but not support their members in terms of testing ?

All a bit of shambles tbh . More needs to be done to support lower League clubs with this..

Add to that deadline for testing for EFL clubs in January is just to appease PL clubs for the FA cup..

Thing is the EFL enter a circuit breaker lockdown.. almost certainly the PL, despite thorough testing regime, will follow suit

Considering our injury situation a fair few months break may be a blessing tbh.

Absolutely as long as it’s not canned I’m happy for it to delayed. We need to win as many titles as we can with this set of players and Klopp

Nah. Suspend til the May when every cunt is vaccinated, play til August when we stroll to the league double & take the CL too.

Parade of fucking millions takes over the city whilst Everton try to tell us they may start to build a new stadium at some point, just as we're starting the new Anny Road & are publishing plans for Europe's biggest single tier stand to replace the Kop.

I've said it before and so I guess I'll say it again. It's the fucking dumbest thing that the league is even going ahead. This (whatever it is) is not footy. No fans no footy. It's a horrid display of media corp bollocks. On Monday, a record 41,385 Covid cases and 357 deaths were reported in the UK. Just process that for a second. My Mum, Sister and brother in law have just been infected. My mum is 70. I don't know the science and I'm not blaming footy. Just the ideology behind the torrent of shite decisions. Lock the twat down and we'll all go again whenever it's cool.

Last edited:
It's a bit mad.

On the WhatsApp group I'm on it seems some of us know loads affected, some very badly, yet others not all.

But yeah, footy continuing as normal seems. Mad.

The other argument though, is that with no footy & no income the lower league clubs go bust. Potentially permanently.

And no one wants that.

There's no right answer imo.

Only wrong answers of varying degrees.

The next 3 or 4 weeks are going to be carnage in the UK and most of Europe, I dont see why they wouldnt suspend play for a period of time. Its worse now than it was when they shut down back in March/April

I've said it before and so I guess I'll say it again. It's the fucking dumbest thing that the league is even going ahead. This (whatever it is) is not footy. No fans no footy. It's a horrid display of media corp bollocks. On Monday, a record 41,385 Covid cases and 357 deaths were reported in the UK. Just process that for a second. My Mum, Sister and brother in law have just been infected. My mum is 70. I don't know the science and I'm not blaming footy. Just the ideology behind the torrent of shite decisions. Lock the twat down and we'll all go again whenever it's cool.
It is bad right now.. especially where we are.

However the 41k figure is artificially high due to the good old 'delay of reporting over the festive period'.

I hope your family get well soon.

Around 3-3,500 recently - see https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus-data-explorer - a wealth of data.

UK & US death rates actually very similar when normalised (~7 per million). But that doesn't take into account different counting methods that may be used

Interesting the "fatality rate" (proportion of positive cases who die) is much higher in UK (3%) than US (1.7%)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom