• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Chinese "Devil Virus" - anyone worried?

I don't think that's causing the mental health problems, as much as many universities have acted like any other grasping business out there. Especially as the biggest spike is in stage 1 students, who are paying for accommodation they're staying in.
That's as good as an admission of guilt.

Your last sentence... I'm not so sure. There's not enough written or discussed about the impact of lockdowns and restrictions. Whether that be the quantifiable numbers of people missing surgeries and treatment to deal with this virus who have ended up dying (I know of 3 people who have died as a result of this. 0 from Covid. Again, anecdotal but...) or the less quantifiable impacts such as rise in depression, emotional, mental damage, the damage to the development of children mentally and emotionally, the damage to the overall health of people who just sit in the house now, terrified... I honestly think, if we keep doing what we're doing, we're going to produce a culture and society that is even more sick - in more than one definition of the word - than all that came before it.

Just on this, my cousin died of complications due to spinal cancer last week, and his treatment definitely suffered. Another cousin drank herself to death just before Christmas last year, and while you can't directly correlate that death I'm pretty sure being depressed and on her own over Christmas didn't help. It's a very tough call with the lockdowns. If they actually worked then there'd be little argument, but they don't seem to.

Just on this, my cousin died of complications due to spinal cancer last week, and his treatment definitely suffered. Another cousin drank herself to death just before Christmas last year, and while you can't directly correlate that death I'm pretty sure being depressed and on her own over Christmas didn't help. It's a very tough call with the lockdowns. If they actually worked then there'd be little argument, but they don't seem to.

The lockdowns work when schools are shut too, it's physically impossible for them not to work in that scenario. They are obviously pointless otherwise. I doubt that is of any comfort since none of the Tories were depressed last Christmas.

They seem more worried about the appearance of doing something. The delay on antigen tests (even though they're not as good) was ridiculous. Kids and teachers should have been doing them a couple of times a week since August. Surely would have caught a huge amount of unknown cases. Schools have been a huge driver of infection here and it's not the fault of kids or teachers.

I agree, the problem with antigen tests is that they are unreliable, but if that was the case, they shouldn't have started encouraging them when nothing changed in that regard. Absolutely should have brought them in a year or so ago.

A proper lockdown works. We had a proper one at the start and only suffered a few deaths. The last few lockdowns weren't anything like the first one, people were going back to the office and the public transport system has been jam packed and the death rate here went up.

Also didn't help that the government have been buying new fighter jets, frigates and employing police men (there's talk of new priests too...) but not extra hospital staff.

It's not that confusing though. From the latest advice:

You need to stay in but go out, and if you do go out you need passports here but not there and masks there but not here, and the schools and pubs are open but do stay in and don't have parties. We're stopping routine surgeries and check ups despite there being six times less people hospitalised with covid than last year because we all need a breather before it all blows up next week, and it will blow up next week because you won't listen and you'll still go to school and work and the pub, just like we will, and have, and did.

Last edited:

Sorry to hear this, and to @doctor_mac and @Gerry_A_Trick too.

Really shit situation all of this, made worse by the snivelling toads in charge.

I agree, the problem with antigen tests is that they are unreliable, but if that was the case, they shouldn't have started encouraging them when nothing changed in that regard. Absolutely should have brought them in a year or so ago.

They're not as good as PCR. I reckon everybody understands that but if used properly the ones that been around a while are very accurate. They could have even just got them sent to schools and colleges to start. Two per week per students and staff as they couldn't avoid close contact. Big information campaign etc. A lot of people went about somewhat normal lives once vaccinated too. Regular antigen testing for that would have helped too.

Like many things during the pandemic, what you'd like to be the case isn't remotely close to the case.

Did you win the case?
Did you screw the Colombian?
Has the University collapsed under the weight of your “legal acumen”?

Did you win the case?
Did you screw the Colombian?
Has the University collapsed under the weight of your “legal acumen”?

Had I been clowned by reliable sources into believing the science changed, then you know that would mean I'd have the sort of brain that could lose cases, lose the respect of colombian students, and collapse under the weight of it all. Alas that is not remotely the case.

Had I been clowned by reliable sources into believing the science changed, then you know that would mean I'd have the sort of brain that could lose cases, lose the respect of colombian students, and collapse under the weight of it all. Alas that is not remotely the case.

So... case lost, restraining order from Colombian student, University thriving.

Got it.

So... case lost, restraining order from Colombian student, University thriving.

Got it.

The only thing you 'got' is utterly clowned by reliable sources. You coped earlier by thinking the conspiricy theorists were the clowns. Now you're having to cope by thinking conspiricy theorists lose cases and lose the girl. Maybe cope again harder.

The only thing you 'got' is utterly clowned by reliable sources. You coped earlier by thinking the conspiricy theorists were the clowns. Now you're having to cope by thinking conspiricy theorists lose cases and lose the girl. Maybe cope again harder.

Nope... that’s not what I’m thinking - you’ll get there someday - just keep plugging away champ.

There's no point you getting a fourth booster, unless your kids have them too. I think the cardiac damage will be confirmed by then though, so we'll need some alternative solution for kids. It occurs to me that putting them in compulsory boarding schools so that they do not share the same household as the vaccinated population is the most obvious way. It will be like a camp, where they'll be able to concentrate on their studies. It will also free both parents up to work in the economy and pay more tax.

The camps will cost a lot, but the kids can just take out student loans at age 12, and your inheritance tax can be used to pay off those loans when you die. Just a thought. How was your weekend Halmeister?

No more lockdowns. That would mean giving more money to poor people. They’re not the party of the poor people. They’ll give guidelines then blame us for any consequences and find a way to handout shit loads to their mates.

Potential explanation of why Omicron might be less severe. It infects & multiplies faster in the human bronchus, but not in the lung.

https://www.med.hku.hk/en/news/press/20211215-omicron-sars-cov-2-infection

[article]
HKUMed have pioneered the use of ex vivo cultures of the respiratory tract for investigating many emerging virus infections since 2007, such as avian influenza, coronavirus of the Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS). Now this technique has been applied to understand why the Omicron variant may differ in transmission and disease severity from other SARS-CoV-2 variants. This method uses lung tissue removed for treatment of the lung, which is normally discarded, for investigating virus diseases of the respiratory tract.
[/article]

Hahahahha translation: we used uyghur muslims supplied by their excellency the CCP. You love to see it, research at its finest.

No more lockdowns. That would mean giving more money to poor people. They’re not the party of the poor people. They’ll give guidelines then blame us for any consequences and find a way to handout shit loads to their mates.

Good point.

However, lockdowns create more poor people, which would in turn mean they have a greater share of the wealth.

There'll definitely be a lockdown of sorts in the next couple of months.

Best case scenario the talk will be it's still too early to tell, so we need to ramp up boosters and remain concerned and cautious. Any positive data is down to booster and vaccine program. But this variant is still super dangerous, so everyone needs to go out and get another shot or you'll all die and cripple the NHS

Back
Top Bottom