• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Chinese "Devil Virus" - anyone worried?

2fj07hhk9d481.jpg

Another win for the fact checkers

Actually, if you rearrange the letters of delta and omicron you get τα οδεμλικρον. Which doesn't mean anything.

I like how despite no evidence supporting it we're now being told the third dose of your vaccine will stop Omicron.

We're living in a time of madness, the solution is more of the same vaccine that failed to solve the Covid situation.

If governments had not already paid for and taken delivery of excess vaccines I doubt this would be the solution

Finland’s prime minister has come under sustained criticism after it was revealed she stayed out dancing until the early hours on the weekend despite knowing she had been exposed to Covid-19.

Sanna Marin, 36, apologised on Monday after a gossip magazine published photos of her at a Helsinki nightclub on Saturday night until almost four in the morning, hours after her foreign minister, Pekka Haavisto, tested positive for coronavirus.

European Medicines Agency saying Omicron appears to be mostly mild, but they're still looking for any serious cases. I mean FFS. It's been doing its thing for over a month.

European Medicines Agency saying Omicron appears to be mostly mild, but they're still looking for any serious cases. I mean FFS. It's been doing its thing for over a month.

Nah, we need passports, lockdowns, green cards, more boosters...

More restrictions and vaccine passports likely to come in because the tories had a Christmas party last year. Absolute fucking bullshit

It's inevitable and is just a building block on the way to a social credit scoring system, in my opinion. Christmas party is on/off at present and we've to take an LFT beforehand anyway; can't be long 'til these current inconveniences mushroom to indoor venue access generally, travel access, access to government services etc. Control is all for politicians.

But you'll be safe(r) there's that.

Nah, we need passports, lockdowns, green cards, more boosters...

It can still cause chaos for the health service even if its mild to moderate given how contagious it is.
Thats the reasoning over here for implementing certain measures again, and thats fine seeing as there isnt enough data on the new variant yet.
I've got no problem wearing a mask, keeping a bit of social distance for a while as they get a clearer picture of the whole situation.

For 1st time in 4.5 months, Israel has fewer than 100 serious COVID cases

After a major outbreak driven by the Delta strain and amid fears of a potential Omicron outbreak, Health Ministry says figure at lowest point since late July

Move the Christmas parties to Tel Aviv.

Related, I'm in a WhatsApp group with mates who've got bars and restaurants in London and they're all getting battered with Christmas party cancellations today. Bad times after a bit of optimism over the past month or two for them.

It can still cause chaos for the health service even if its mild to moderate given how contagious it is.
Thats the reasoning over here for implementing certain measures again, and thats fine seeing as there isnt enough data on the new variant yet.
I've got no problem wearing a mask, keeping a bit of social distance for a while as they get a clearer picture of the whole situation.

My issue is that there's hardly any coverage in mainstream media over here about how everything points to it being mild, or any balance to all the panic and fear. I also worry that, even if it is mild and not really anything to worry about, it will still be milked and the truth obfuscated to further serve the agenda. We've painted ourselves into a corner that, no number of cases or deaths no matter how small, can ever be low enough now.

Move the Christmas parties to Tel Aviv.

Related, I'm in a WhatsApp group with mates who've got bars and restaurants in London and they're all getting battered with Christmas party cancellations today. Bad times after a bit of optimism over the past month or two for them.

I'm actually surprised anyone is taking this latest announcement seriously. Actually, no I'm not.

My issue is that there's hardly any coverage in mainstream media over here about how everything points to it being mild, or any balance to all the panic and fear. I also worry that, even if it is mild and not really anything to worry about, it will still be milked and the truth obfuscated to further serve the agenda. We've painted ourselves into a corner that, no number of cases or deaths no matter how small, can ever be low enough now.

Even if its mild or moderate, it will still be something to worry about given how many people will be infected. Its also on top of the Delta and regular flu.

If its in fact really mild, then I’m at the point of its better to just get it and be finished with it.
That would mean that the Swedes were right though, for once.

The thing is, if it's really infectious, you have to be very sure it's not dangerous, getting it wrong is a disaster. It's a much better mistake to assume it's worse than it is. Will see in time if it means opening up again, I suspect it will.

Best hope Omicron turns out have a much lower hospitalisation rate. Only 2 doses or only a prior infection aren't giving much protection at all.

10d8f1cacff8bb60b649fc96e26e6ec8.jpg

2 doses of vaccine or prior infection vs Omicron

a = Moderna + Moderna
b = AZ + AZ
c = AZ + Pfizer
d = Pfizer + Pfizer
e = prior infection with Alpha
f = prior infection with Beta
g = prior infection with Delta
h = prior infection + 2 doses any vaccine

* Booster doses not covered but expected to be similar to h.

The thing is, if it's really infectious, you have to be very sure it's not dangerous, getting it wrong is a disaster. It's a much better mistake to assume it's worse than it is. Will see in time if it means opening up again, I suspect it will.

Yeah, and I get that. And you're not a psychopath (I presume), so I trust you're saying that from a place of genuine concern and empathy.

That said, I don't trust that the cunts in power make any decisions with that as the front-running sentiment. In fact, we know that's not the case. I just don't see them ever going back on these policies they've brought in, regardless of how mild the virus may become. We'll keep hearing all the fear-driven rhetoric we're currently hearing. And as I said, I highly doubt that's coming from a place of genuine concern for our well-being.

Agreed, which is why we have reinstated some National measures over here.

Even if its mild or moderate, it will still be something to worry about given how many people will be infected. Its also on top of the Delta and regular flu.

If its in fact really mild, then I’m at the point of its better to just get it and be finished with it.
That would mean that the Swedes were right though, for once.

It seems to be more or less wiping out the older strains in SA. Not entirely, but Delta makes up a much smaller percentage of what it did before. I'm not really placed to comment on regular flu.

I think the way out of this is with increased funding and support to healthcare systems, balanced, impartial media, much greater focus on a healthier lifestyle, boosters for whomever wants them - just like the flu. Then we can start slowly phasing out all the authoritarian, totalitarian, dystopian policies that are creeping in.

I'm not an evil paedophile globalist, though, so none of that is gonna happen.

I saw some research that says if it carries on exponentially up to a million people a day are going to realise how full of shit this govt is by Christmas

I saw some research that says if it carries on exponentially up to a million people a day are going to realise how full of shit this govt is by Christmas

I keep thinking that surely most people know that already. Then I see people alone in their cars, double-masked with the windows up, and I'm forced to re-evaluate my position.

Yeah, and I get that. And you're not a psychopath (I presume), so I trust you're saying that from a place of genuine concern and empathy.

That said, I don't trust that the cunts in power make any decisions with that as the front-running sentiment. In fact, we know that's not the case. I just don't see them ever going back on these policies they've brought in, regardless of how mild the virus may become. We'll keep hearing all the fear-driven rhetoric we're currently hearing. And as I said, I highly doubt that's coming from a place of genuine concern for our well-being.

As is obvious, I do think there is a general need to be cautious, but there's definitely a case of "never waste a good crisis".

Back
Top Bottom