• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Chinese "Devil Virus" - anyone worried?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/willia...need-a-multimodal-strategy-to-fight-covid-19/

"A July report from the Israel Ministry of Health found that Pfizer/BioNTech’s Covid-19 vaccine is just 39% effective in Israel, where the Delta variant is the dominant strain but still provides strong protection against severe illness and hospitalization. According to the report, the vaccines still work very well in preventing severe cases, demonstrating 88% effectiveness against hospitalization and 91% effectiveness against severe illness. But this is still is a steep decline from the earlier estimate of 64% efficacy rate released on July 5, and steeper still from the initial 95% efficacy rate Israel published in May, based on records from Jan. 24 to April 3, 2021."

Why isn't Hong Kong riddled with Delta then given the low vaccination rate ?

Is it because the Delta variant spreads quicker through the vaccinated ?
Because its hard to get into HK for a start for the delta variant to take hold.

After that.. almost all the population wear masks and are used to social distancing.. they have done since SARS/MERS.

Not to mention the political instability which means some of the population are afraid to even go out.

You're better than this Ross. Come on.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/willia...need-a-multimodal-strategy-to-fight-covid-19/

"A July report from the Israel Ministry of Health found that Pfizer/BioNTech’s Covid-19 vaccine is just 39% effective in Israel, where the Delta variant is the dominant strain but still provides strong protection against severe illness and hospitalization. According to the report, the vaccines still work very well in preventing severe cases, demonstrating 88% effectiveness against hospitalization and 91% effectiveness against severe illness. But this is still is a steep decline from the earlier estimate of 64% efficacy rate released on July 5, and steeper still from the initial 95% efficacy rate Israel published in May, based on records from Jan. 24 to April 3, 2021."
There are now studies showing waning immunity (for infection only) in Israel, Qatar and the US. All of these have used a 3 week gap between 1st and 2nd jabs.

UK and Canada have used 8-12 week gap and infection immunity is still holding strong.

Israel have started 3rd booster jabs already and early results showing immunity levels back to where they were.

That's remarkably dumb.

The doctors in hospitals are routinely using the drugs like ivermectin to keep covid patients alive. Those doctors who are saving lives are not the same doctors that are pushing the vaccine as the only solution, or those who created the fucking virus in the first place.

I think I've explained three times I did it because of the restrictions that would be placed on me if I didn't.

For example , I would not have been able to re-enter Ireland yesterday had I not. I wouldn't be able to visit a sick relative in hospital without it.

Which is kinda odd because the vaccine doesn't prevent the transmission of the virus.

Not a lot makes sense about what is going on, if you're okay with sitting back and accepting getting fucked over that's your choice.

I don’t think getting into arguments here exempts you from also belonging to the sitting back and getting fucked over camp.

I think I've explained three times I did it because of the restrictions that would be placed on me if I didn't.

For example , I would not have been able to re-enter Ireland yesterday had I not. I wouldn't be able to visit a sick relative in hospital without it.

Which is kinda odd because the vaccine doesn't prevent the transmission of the virus.

Not a lot makes sense about what is going on, if you're okay with sitting back and accepting getting fucked over that's your choice.

Which is no different a reason as to why most others would get a vaccine - the more people in Australia get vaccinated, the more freedoms the vaccinated will have.

My decision to get vaccinated was almost entirely down to wanting less restrictions put on me - so not really any different to yours.

I’m not really sure what you mean about being ok sitting back and getting “fucked over” - unless you actually believe spouting half-baked nonsense on a Liverpool forum is a measure of not “sitting back”?

I’ve also said before - my experience of this “fucking over”, boredom aside, isn’t altogether negative.

That's remarkably dumb.

The doctors in hospitals are routinely using the drugs like ivermectin to keep covid patients alive. Those doctors who are saving lives are not the same doctors that are pushing the vaccine as the only solution, or those who created the fucking virus in the first place.

Do you think there are many doctors practicing in hospitals that haven't taken the vaccine and are advising patients not to as well?

Do you think there are many doctors practicing in hospitals that haven't taken the vaccine and are advising patients not to as well?

I don't know, i've only had experiences with two doctors in hospital during Covid. Both pain management consultants - neither were vaccinated.

But they don't work in the hustle and bustle of the hospital generally.

Which is no different a reason as to why most others would get a vaccine - the more people in Australia get vaccinated, the more freedoms the vaccinated will have.

My decision to get vaccinated was almost entirely down to wanting less restrictions put on me - so not really any different to yours.

I’m not really sure what you mean about being ok sitting back and getting “fucked over” - unless you actually believe spouting half-baked nonsense on a Liverpool forum is a measure of not “sitting back”?

I’ve also said before - my experience of this “fucking over”, boredom aside, isn’t altogether negative.

So despite us both being fat cunts and at heightened risk from covid, neither of us got the vaccine because we thought it was of benefit to us. It was because we didn't want our freedoms restricted.

That to me is very problematic.

According to Iceland’s vaccination data, as of the 6th August 2021 a total of 477,205 doses have been administered in Iceland and 275,173 people have received at least one dose whilst 255,322 of those people are fully vaccinated. The total population of Iceland is 356,991 according to 2019 figures which means as of the 6th August 77% of the entire population had been vaccinated.

image-77.png

However adults make up just 264,299 of the Icelandic population meaning more people have been vaccinated than there are adults in the country. The reason for this is that Iceland have started to vaccinated children aged between 12 and 15.

image-75.png

The number of vaccine doses administered per day in Iceland peaked around the 1st July 2021 after beginning to pick up pace around the 20th April 2021. Over 50% of the doses administered were the Pfizer / BioNTech mRNA injection, with both the AstraZeneca viral vector jab and Johnson & Johnson viral vector jab making up around 45% of the doses administered. The remaining 5% of doses administered have been the Moderna mRNA injection.

image-76.png

However around 2 weeks after the vast majority of Iceland had been double vaccinated something unexpected, or expected depending on which side of the fence you are on, occurred. A huge wave of Covid-19 infections spread across the country. A wave so large that it is almost twice as large as the two previous alleged waves of Covid-19 to have struck Iceland.

According to Iceland’s Covid-19 data, as of the 6th August 2021 there are over 400 infections per 100,000 inhabitants over a 14 day incidence. The first alleged wave peaked at around 250 infections per 100,000, and the second alleged wave peaked at just under 300 infections per 100,000.

image-73.png

The number of confirmed infections rose significantly on the 19th July 2021 and has been generally rising since this date, whereas the Covid-19 vaccination programme began the number of infections in Iceland had virtually flatlined.

image-74.png

What does this tell us? Well there are several possibilities. It could be that the Covid-19 vaccines simply do not work, or it could be that the Covid-19 vaccines actually worsen the spread of Covid-19.

So despite us both being fat cunts and at heightened risk from covid, neither of us got the vaccine because we thought it was of benefit to us. It was because we didn't want our freedoms restricted.

That to me is very problematic.

Well.... being a fat cunt and old played a part as well.

There were numerous reasons - to be fair, it’s not exactly rampant over here (NSW aside), so heightened risk of catching it wasn’t as high on the concern list.

Fear of not being able to get Pfizer until nearer Christmas was more of an issue.

The missus got her jab months earlier because l, as a healthcare worker, she could - that played a part too.

I also didn’t have a choice - AZ wasn’t recommended for under 60’s (until they realised they didn’t have enough Pfizer) and nothing else has been approved yet.

So my GP recommended it, the missus had already gotten it, stocks were running low, there was a small outbreak - lockdown 4 I think) and the booking system greatly improved, to the point of when I checked availability I could either get the first jab in a couple of days or 6 weeks time.

Getting it quickly meant I could get the 2nd jab 3 weeks later and we’d both be fully vaxxed before a planned 2 week holiday we were hoping to take. Holiday got cancelled due to lockdown 5.

The inventor of MRNA vaccines says :

See the replies he puts in about how the vaccinated are the superspreaders ?

According to Iceland’s vaccination data, as of the 6th August 2021 a total of 477,205 doses have been administered in Iceland and 275,173 people have received at least one dose whilst 255,322 of those people are fully vaccinated. The total population of Iceland is 356,991 according to 2019 figures which means as of the 6th August 77% of the entire population had been vaccinated.

image-77.png

However adults make up just 264,299 of the Icelandic population meaning more people have been vaccinated than there are adults in the country. The reason for this is that Iceland have started to vaccinated children aged between 12 and 15.

image-75.png

The number of vaccine doses administered per day in Iceland peaked around the 1st July 2021 after beginning to pick up pace around the 20th April 2021. Over 50% of the doses administered were the Pfizer / BioNTech mRNA injection, with both the AstraZeneca viral vector jab and Johnson & Johnson viral vector jab making up around 45% of the doses administered. The remaining 5% of doses administered have been the Moderna mRNA injection.

image-76.png

However around 2 weeks after the vast majority of Iceland had been double vaccinated something unexpected, or expected depending on which side of the fence you are on, occurred. A huge wave of Covid-19 infections spread across the country. A wave so large that it is almost twice as large as the two previous alleged waves of Covid-19 to have struck Iceland.

According to Iceland’s Covid-19 data, as of the 6th August 2021 there are over 400 infections per 100,000 inhabitants over a 14 day incidence. The first alleged wave peaked at around 250 infections per 100,000, and the second alleged wave peaked at just under 300 infections per 100,000.

image-73.png

The number of confirmed infections rose significantly on the 19th July 2021 and has been generally rising since this date, whereas the Covid-19 vaccination programme began the number of infections in Iceland had virtually flatlined.

image-74.png

What does this tell us? Well there are several possibilities. It could be that the Covid-19 vaccines simply do not work, or it could be that the Covid-19 vaccines actually worsen the spread of Covid-19.

That’s interesting - no deaths in the current wave compared to the first 2 waves despite the higher case load - so the vaccines seem to be doing the job of protecting people against the worse effects.

Spike in cases happened after Iceland relaxed social distancing rules, etc, which have now been re-introduced.

5? Have you really only had 5 lockdowns?? It seems like Australia is locking down every other week!

We’re in Lockdown 6 now - curfew in force from 9pm to 5am - the full works.

Thankfully we’re only seeing 25 or so new cases every day in this city of 5 million people.

It’s nuts.

But NSW is worse - they’re out of control and getting worse because they didn’t go hard and go quick with a lockdown.

NSW is trying to vax it’s way out - but they’re barely at 50% of first jabs.

They’re vaxxing school kids now as well.

We’re in Lockdown 6 now - curfew in force from 9pm to 5am - the full works.

Thankfully we’re only seeing 25 or so new cases every day in this city of 5 million people.

It’s nuts.

But NSW is worse - they’re out of control and getting worse because they didn’t go hard and go quick with a lockdown.

NSW is trying to vax it’s way out - but they’re barely at 50% of first jabs.

They’re vaxxing school kids now as well.

You can't avoid it. Those countries with lower figures are fiddling. Lockdowns won't work forever.

You can't avoid it. Those countries with lower figures are fiddling. Lockdowns won't work forever.

Which countries are fiddling?

Lockdown is only one measure - and I presume the theory is to reach a level of vaccination which means the healthcare services can cope with a greatly reduced level of people getting seriously ill.

That’s why the Iceland data looks really interesting - but they might not have the medical infrastructure to cope.

Things have changed regardless - I doubt whether I’ll ever work in an office environment 5 days a week again.

Which countries are fiddling?

Lockdown is only one measure - and I presume the theory is to reach a level of vaccination which means the healthcare services can cope with a greatly reduced level of people getting seriously ill.

That’s why the Iceland data looks really interesting - but they might not have the medical infrastructure to cope.

Things have changed regardless - I doubt whether I’ll ever work in an office environment 5 days a week again.

It's well known that different countries count covid deaths differently. Some don't count deaths unless they happen in hospital others don't count them unless covid is the main cause of death.
UK counts any death for any reason within 28 days of a positive covid test. Even the ONS who count our deaths admit it's at least 30% too high

It's well known that different countries count covid deaths differently. Some don't count deaths unless they happen in hospital others don't count them unless covid is the main cause of death.
UK counts any death for any reason within 28 days of a positive covid test. Even the ONS who count our deaths admit it's at least 30% too high

The ONS has the figure higher than the govt one.

You said the countries with lower figures were fiddling?

I can tel you Australia isn’t artificially inflating it’s figures significantly.

Back
Top Bottom