• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Betting Cheltenham Tipster Competition 2011

Prefix for Betting Threads

Rosco

Worse than Brendan
This has always been a good bit of craic, so we'll go again if enough people are interested. I'm open to suggestions on format so if anyone can think of any improvements - post them.

Needless to say, I'm in.

I was waiting for this. Maybe paypal a tenner to an account to make it interesting or we could sort some type of prize?

I'm sure Whitey, Pete, Mark mc, Nessy and few others will play too. They usually do.

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=44419.msg1294587#msg1294587 date=1299239818]
A few quid would make it more interesting
[/quote]

Yep financial is fine with me.

I'll dig out the old scoring system later, if anyone wants to suggest any changes, feel free.

Hi folks, I have been advised to mention my betting research in here. I will respect all users on here and won't spam this thread with constant requests or with upping or any of that. I'd just like to put my research out there to all you online bettors.

If you are an online bettor please have a look at my thread here and I would be very pleased to hear from you all.

http://sixcrazyminutes.com/forums/index.php?topic=44542.0

Kindest Regards and best of luck at Cheltenham,
Andrew

YNWA

6 in so far, anyone who wants to join in at a later stage is free to do so:

The Rules

Pick one horse per race.

All selections for a given days races should be in before 1PM on that day.

If your selection is a non runner you can either select a different horse up until 5 minutes before the off of that race or failing that the default selection will be the favourite for the race. If there are joint favourites you'll be given the joint favourite with the lowest number.

If you don't pick a horse for a race you will get 0 points, you don't get the same treatment as someone who has picked a non runner.

There will be a thread each day in which people can put their selections, if you don't have access to the site during work hours but do have email access you can email them to rljmurphy@gmail.com

Scoring

Only the horses finishing in the top three will be given points, no matter how many horses there are in the race.

1st Place: 10 Points + the odds of the horse
2nd Place: 5 points + half the odds of the horse
3rd place: 2 points + one quarter of the odds of the horse.

The results and odds will be taken from the results pages of www.sportinglife.com.

The winner will be the person who has the most points at the end of the week. If two or more people are tied at the end of the week, the person with the most winners will win. If that is a tie then the person with the biggest priced winner will win. If that isn't enough to separate them ..... well I'll think of a playoff to decide a winner.

I was going to text you about this today, but now you've seen it- no need. The defending champ is back.

Nessy is usually good to do this as is Whitey.

Mark Mc and amber cabs did it last year too. Amber cabs is in Oz though. I'll facebook him.

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=44419.msg1299594#msg1299594 date=1300114047]
I was going to text you about this today, but now you've seen it- no need. The defending champ is back.
[/quote]

Did i win it last year?

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=44419.msg1299664#msg1299664 date=1300122212]
I take it the I-pod never arrived then ?

I'm convinced you did
[/quote]

Nessy or Whitey no?

Not usually one to place a bet, other than the national, but I've decided to have a flutter.

I've gone with:

Bensalem
Sunnyhillboy
Great Endeavor
Caroles Legacy

and a tip I've had for an outsider

Fair Along

[quote author=ILD link=topic=44419.msg1299693#msg1299693 date=1300132484]
[quote author=Rosco link=topic=44419.msg1299664#msg1299664 date=1300122212]
I take it the I-pod never arrived then ?

I'm convinced you did
[/quote]

Nessy or Whitey no?
[/quote]

I won the year before i think. 2005 Champs League final programme was the prize.

I'll try find 15 mins this morning to have a go again this year.

Back
Top Bottom