• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Betting Cheltenham 2016

Prefix for Betting Threads

ILD

Very Well-Known
Here we go again. Does anyone have any nice AP bets on? I'll throw mine up later.

We doing a tipster comp this week? I'm running a work one so would be greatful if someone took the reigns for this one.

The old rules and info c&p'd in from an old thread Ross created.

The Rules

Pick one horse per race.

All selections for a given days races should be in before 12pm on that day.

If your selection is a non runner you can either select a different horse up until 5 minutes before the off of that race or failing that the default selection will be the favourite for the race.

If you don't pick a horse for a race you will get 0 points, you don't get the same treatment as someone who has picked a non runner.

There will be a thread each day in which people can put their selections.

Scoring

Only the horses finishing in the top three will be given points, no matter how many horses there are in the race.

1st Place: 10 Points + the odds of the horse
2nd Place: 5 points + half the odds of the horse
3rd place: 2 points + one quarter of the odds of the horse.

The results and odds will be taken from the results pages of www.sportinglife.com.

The winner will be the person who has the most points at the end of the week. If two or more people are tied at the end of the week, the person with the most winners will win. If that is a tie then the person with the biggest priced winner will win.

I'm in and I'll stick to my usual formula of picking random outsiders 10/1+ whose name catches my eye............and I suppose I'll have the usual lack of success.

DAY ONE PICKS for me

1.30 - SUPASUNDAE
2.10 - DOUVAN
2.50 - KRUZHLININ
3.30 - IDENTITY THIEF
4.10 - VROUM VROUM MAG
4.50 - NOBLE ENDEVOUR
5.30 - BOUVREUIL

I'll stick this in the thread when it's up actually. Got a hectic morning in work so I'll pop back in this afternoon.

Min
Douvan
Indian Castle
The New One.
Vroum vroum mag.
Native River
Bouveril

1.30 - Altior
2.10 - DOUVAN
2.50 - beg to differ
3.30 - identity thief
4.10 - Vroum Vroum Mag
4.50 - southfield royale
5.30 - double shuffle

Thanks for the reminder !

1.30pm Min
2.10pm Douvan
2.50pm Out Sam
3.30pm Nichols Canyon
4.10pm Vroum Vroum Mag
4.50pm Southfield Royale
5.30pm Aloomomo

Last edited:
1:30 Belshill
2:10 Sizing John
2:50 Caroles Destrier
3:30 Lil Rockerfeller
4:10 The Govaness
4:50 Native River
5:30 Thomas Brown

1.30 ALTIOR
2.10 Douvan
2.50 Caroles Destrier
3.30 The New One
4.10 Vroum Vroum Mag
4.50 Local Show
5:30 Thomas Brown

I picked Supersundae for the bigger price on here but was looking at Altior.

Nice pick buddy!

Sent this to Aidan on Stephens Day / Boxing Day.

16e3d7e3e7b9982c6d3e62871c803eeb.jpg

Gwan Altior. Have it in a treble with Douvan and No more heroes so ill get a decent run for my small accy.

I only got to the bookies at 2. Left Douvan out but stuck my others in a yankee.

Fingers crossed

I doubled Douvan with VVM.

Have Douvan in a load of accys during the week. Couldn't back it at 1/4 on it's own.

The only one I'm actually backing with hard cash is Thomas Brown in the 5:30 race because I'm out drinking later on with a guy called Thomas Brown so if the horse doesn't win he's getting a kick in the bollix.

Anyone won on the day then? Just spoke to my mate down there and he has won a few quid, backed 4 out of 5 winners so far!

I've bet on 2 and won 2 so far.

Only pennies like, but I'll take it

3 for 3 today.

I wish my football betting was on similar par

I had Douvan and VVM double.
AP and VVM double.
VVM single with free Ladbrokes bet.

Lost the other races but up for the day.

I picked two winners but didn't actually back them at the bookies - Altior & Annie Power.

The one horse I backed Kruhzlinen lost.

Back
Top Bottom