• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Champions League Quarter Final Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.

rurikbird

Part of the Furniture
Honorary Member
D1skuNOWwAE8kDt.jpg

Indeed. Assuming we get past Porto then I'd prefer Barca to either City or Juve. Really looking forward to that one (I hope).

Agreed.

I don't fancy Juve and their ultra defence over 2 legs. And nor do we want another City marathon.

Barca only play one way and there will be no tactical surprises against them.

Went probably as well as we could have hoped.

Nah different nights
Even though Manchester United's draw came out like this:
Barcelona v Manchester United.
It will actually be like this:
Manchester United v Barcelona
That's because Manchester City have also been drawn to play at home in their second leg and two teams from the same city cannot play in the same week for safety reasons. So United's game will switch.
Why? Because they finished lower than City in the Premier League last season..

Yes, even better news for us!

Chelsea face a bit of a travel, AWAY, against Slavia Prague (shit, horrible Czech pitch) in UEL just before our game in the league.

Hopefully by then they'll be out of the top 4 running and have to prioritise that as the most realistic route to the CL. They've actually got an easy route to the final in that.

We should all be supporting Everton this weekend.

It's all coming together nicely!

If you'd have told me I'd be supporting Spurs in a CL quarter final at the start of the season, I'd have assumed I must have had severe head trauma in the meantime
When is the CL semi? Isnt the league season still ongoing at that point?

If so surely we want citeh to come through the spurs games, but with injuries aplenty? That way they'll still be unable to focus solely on the league.

If so surely we want citeh to come through the spurs games, but with injuries aplenty? That way they'll still be unable to focus solely on the league.
30th April and May 7th

Fuck that, I want the strongest sides out asap. Spurs can beat them on the Wednesday and the Sunday and we can do the double

Fuck that, I want the strongest sides out asap. Spurs can beat them on the Wednesday and the Sunday and we can do the double
Nah. happy to see Juve take them out in the semis. You know Pep will be prioritising the CL so even more distractions from the PL are welcome.

If United and City get through, then our potential fixture with United would be reversed. And we'd have to play the Anfield leg first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom