• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Centre-back search

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nowhere near experienced enough to command the fee he would.....that's before you ask yourself if Chelsea would even sell to us.

What would the fee be then? 30 millions?

And irrespective, is the the kind of player we should be looking at? quality, age?

What would the fee be then? 30 millions?

And irrespective, is the the kind of player we should be looking at? quality, age?

40-50m I'd have thought.

Ideally someone a few years older and with a bit more experience. (Like your Schuurs/Timber/Van de what's his face)

Chelsea has turned down a 30 mill bid from Brighton for Colwill according to Sky.

Are we actually looking at a CB?

The only thing I’ve read recently is that we aren’t even pursuing Ndicka on a free - which would suggest we certainly aren’t looking at buying someone.

Journos seem to think we are after a CB. Recently linked with a CB from Wolfsburg.

Journos seem to think we are after a CB. Recently linked with a CB from Wolfsburg.

Yeah, but wasn’t he quoted at £40m?

That sounds more like someone trying to drum up business.

We are definitely getting a Centre back. Only qn os whether it's a sexy Iberian or a boring volkswagen

Are we actually looking at a CB?

The only thing I’ve read recently is that we aren’t even pursuing Ndicka on a free - which would suggest we certainly aren’t looking at buying someone.

I don't think the lack of Ndicka pursuit is concerning. He'll have his pick of moves to clubs who would be willing to pay more than us for a salary.l, so I wouldn't be surprised if the club didn't even bother to put their hat in the ring

Is this a trick question? Should we not like the fact he can't head the ball?

Klopp can teach him that, let's face it - he don't have to teach him to run as he can already do that. We'll get him a heading coach, just remember its the specimen of the man that I want in my team - 6ft4 defender - yes ticks box, pace - yes ticks box, tackles - yes ticks box. All necessary qualities.

Not sure I've seen his name being mentioned, Alessandro Bastoni, 24, contract ends next year. Plays in Italy so I doubt on huge wages

Injury record
[xtable]
{thead}
{tr}
{th}Season{/th}
{th}Injury{/th}
{th}from{/th}
{th}until{/th}
{th}Days{/th}
{th}Games missed{/th}
{/tr}
{/thead}
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}22/23{/td}
{td}Fever{/td}
{td}Jun 14, 2023{/td}
{td}Jun 18, 2023{/td}
{td}4 days{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}22/23{/td}
{td}Hamstring Injury{/td}
{td}Mar 14, 2023{/td}
{td}Mar 30, 2023{/td}
{td}16 days{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}21/22{/td}
{td}Calf Injury{/td}
{td}Apr 27, 2022{/td}
{td}May 11, 2022{/td}
{td}14 days{/td}
{td}4{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}21/22{/td}
{td}Ankle problems{/td}
{td}Feb 9, 2022{/td}
{td}Feb 15, 2022{/td}
{td}6 days{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}21/22{/td}
{td}Abdominal Influenza{/td}
{td}Dec 1, 2021{/td}
{td}Dec 3, 2021{/td}
{td}2 days{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}21/22{/td}
{td}Muscle Fatigue{/td}
{td}Nov 12, 2021{/td}
{td}Nov 19, 2021{/td}
{td}7 days{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}21/22{/td}
{td}Muscle Fatigue{/td}
{td}Sep 9, 2021{/td}
{td}Sep 13, 2021{/td}
{td}4 days{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}20/21{/td}
{td}Corona virus{/td}
{td}Oct 7, 2020{/td}
{td}Oct 18, 2020{/td}
{td}11 days{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}20/21{/td}
{td}Knock{/td}
{td}Jul 8, 2020{/td}
{td}Jul 11, 2020{/td}
{td}3 days{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}19/20{/td}
{td}Knock{/td}
{td}Feb 7, 2020{/td}
{td}Feb 10, 2020{/td}
{td}3 days{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}18/19{/td}
{td}Unknown Injury{/td}
{td}Feb 23, 2019{/td}
{td}Feb 26, 2019{/td}
{td}3 days{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}18/19{/td}
{td}Meniscal Injury{/td}
{td}Jul 10, 2018{/td}
{td}Sep 3, 2018{/td}
{td}55 days{/td}
{td}7{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Lutsharel Geertruida is a 23 year old Dutch player who plys his trade at Feyenoord, His main position is Rightback but he can cover either CB position as well as CDM. He is tall but definitely not invincible
[xtable]
{thead}
{tr}
{th}Season{/th}
{th}Injury{/th}
{th}from{/th}
{th}until{/th}
{th}Days{/th}
{th}Games missed{/th}
{/tr}
{/thead}
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}22/23{/td}
{td}Hamstring Injury{/td}
{td}Mar 24, 2023{/td}
{td}Apr 7, 2023{/td}
{td}14 days{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}22/23{/td}
{td}Unknown Injury{/td}
{td}Dec 12, 2022{/td}
{td}Dec 22, 2022{/td}
{td}10 days{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}22/23{/td}
{td}Mononucleosis{/td}
{td}Sep 2, 2022{/td}
{td}Sep 22, 2022{/td}
{td}20 days{/td}
{td}5{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}21/22{/td}
{td}Thigh Problems{/td}
{td}Mar 23, 2022{/td}
{td}Apr 13, 2022{/td}
{td}21 days{/td}
{td}3{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}20/21{/td}
{td}Knee Surgery{/td}
{td}May 16, 2021{/td}
{td}Sep 10, 2021{/td}
{td}117 days{/td}
{td}12{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}20/21{/td}
{td}Ill{/td}
{td}Oct 3, 2020{/td}
{td}Oct 14, 2020{/td}
{td}11 days{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

So 1 more midfielder coming in for 30-35m and a CB to play 4th or 5th choice?

This is supposed to be our rebuild?

FSG again doing the bare minimum. Getting sick of these cunts.

So 1 more midfielder coming in for 30-35m and a CB to play 4th or 5th choice?

This is supposed to be our rebuild?

FSG again doing the bare minimum. Getting sick of these cunts.
Yeah I think I'd be joining the growing group of discontented fans. I've been one of FSGs biggest apologists for all they have done in the ground rebuild etc.

But a lack of investment this summer would be unforgivable given what's happening around us.

Yeah I think I'd be joining the growing group of discontented fans. I've been one of FSGs biggest apologists for all they have done in the ground rebuild etc.

But a lack of investment this summer would be unforgivable given what's happening around us.

I've heaped praise on them when they've done good by the club, no problems with that but the weight of that goodness doesn't quite stack up to the years of negligence to build the squad plus some of their previous actions which a lot have seem to let slide....granted they did a few U-turns on those actions after seeing the backlash from fans.

The cold hard facts are there for everyone to see.

FSG takeover complete - Date: October 2010.

Average net spend in the last 12 years (not including MacAllister) - £28m.. TWENTY-EIGHT-MILLION-POUNDS. LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB.

I've heaped praise on them when they've done good by the club, no problems with that but the weight of that goodness doesn't quite stack up to the years of negligence to build the squad plus some of their previous actions which a lot have seem to let slide....granted they did a few U-turns on those actions after seeing the backlash from fans.

The cold hard facts are there for everyone to see.

FSG takeover complete - Date: October 2010.

Average net spend in the last 12 years (not including MacAllister) - £28m.. TWENTY-EIGHT-MILLION-POUNDS. LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB.

It's pretty shit.

We need owners that are willing to take a little risk. They got lucky with klopp and now they are messing it up

So, for 2 years we've been promised a Bellingham rebuild, then a strong rebuild with the Bellingham money....to 2 cms and either a youth CB or a journeyman?

Might as well just play nat fucking Phillips

thumb_117249_default_news_size_5.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom