• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Burnley v Liverpool Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
DtuPnNFU4AEf5NX.jpg

Dyche's legs belong to a much thinner man.

images

Yeah, but it's not like Moreno coming in for Robertson. Or Matip for another CB. You're over-reacting.

Couldn't agree more...

Gomez has looked supreme and I like his pace a lot but Lovren is FAR from the disaster merchant and he is what we got and he will have my support.

Winning 3-1 while resting players and making 7 changes. I’ll take that.

And also giving them 7 players reason to keep training to their best-providing competition and shaking off a bit of rust in the meantime.

the narrative that Klopp "got away with it"... yeah... played 14 won 11 drawn 3... he is one flukey bastard eh...

Just wanted to say that while Iain Dowie drove me demented with his constant wittering during that match, he did make a good point of recognizing how well our defence holds a line. While many commentators would say "Liverpool got fortunate with that one" when there is a tight offside call against an opposing attacker, he would point out that it was extremely well organised play by our back line that caught them in the trap.

Just wanted to say that while Iain Dowie drove me demented with his constant wittering during that match, he did make a good point of recognizing how well our defence holds a line. While many commentators would say "Liverpool got fortunate with that one" when there is a tight offside call against an opposing attacker, he would point out that it was extremely well organised play by our back line that caught them in the trap.

We've been doing this very successfully all season. My one problem with it is that it is placing a high degree of trust in the linesman.

We've been doing this very successfully all season. My one problem with it is that it is placing a high degree of trust in the linesman.

Out of the 6 goals we conceded this season (still feels unreal to type that), I think at least a couple were clear offside, including the one at Burnley. And one was an Alisson fuck-up. But even with officials sometimes getting it wrong, it’s been incredibly effective.

CORRECTION: I went back and watched all the goals we've conceded – there was no offside ones in the league besides the Burnley one, I probably remembered a goal from a different competition. Lacazette goal was the only one where a striker actually beat our offside trap.

Last edited:
And also giving them 7 players reason to keep training to their best-providing competition and shaking off a bit of rust in the meantime.

the narrative that Klopp "got away with it"... yeah... played 14 won 11 drawn 3... he is one flukey bastard eh...
Isn't it 12 wins?

I listened to one git on talkSPORT's sports bar, I think Dave Kitson, who claimed Liverpool got away with while Man City's win the previous night was never in doubt. Until the host, Adam Catterall, I think gently reminded him of the final minutes of the Watford-City match. Cue a bit of rowing back, and waffling.

Back to the match itself, for the first time in a long time, an average midfield was not made to look outstanding. More of that, please.

Last edited:
The media manipulation of Klopp's comments was even more cynical and blatant than usual. He clearly said he has nothing against hard and aggressive tackling, and that his only concern is with the kind of high-speed sliding tackles that start several yards away from the opponent when there's no real control over the impact. And that gets presented, thanks in part to Dyche and the Adrian Durham-style shock jocks, as 'Klopp doesn't want any tackling in the game, how dare he!' It's pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom