• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Burnley post-match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hendo is not a very good player. Bang average, and not efficient at all. Can't remember last time he scored or set up a goal.

But we can make an own thread about him. Maybe even a song. Then we can use the post match threads to discuss the match.

Was good to see Keita play like we know he can. I was impressed with him mugging people off when he was in trouble obviously, but more impressed that most of his balls were significantly forwards or trying to create a chance to shoot, something that henderson and wijnaldum are allergic to. Hope he could start repeating this and break into the starting 11 on a regular basis, because his ability and form in the german league was incredible.
Alisson and VVD, incredible as per. I know they cost the earth (and we flogged coutinho for a fortune to cover it), but there can be no argument from anyone that they absolutely were worth the money in the current market. Compared to what we have had, they are both huge huge improvements.
Good to see Shaq get on the scoresheet again, he's a quality player. You always just feel that there's an amazing player in there somewhere, it's whether Klopp can make that happen.
I'll try and stay positive and say henderson, moreno, origi, sturridge, matip were 'ok'. They're defo not fucking good, but they were not poor.

Brendan’s point about Henderson is my biggest frustration with him, he can’t receive the ball and turn to look forwards, he is what he is, meh.

Keita looked unbelievable last night, he’s going to be a monster.

Our best EVER start to a league season in our 126 year history, still second, shows how hard it is going to be to win the league this year but WHEN we do it, it’s going to feel amazing.

Win on Saturday, and start cranking the pressure on those cunts, let’s fuckin’ ‘av it.

If Keita can keep that up, and get better, then we are all going to be very happy indeed.

It's still a worry about his fragile confidence - gkmacca made the point ages ago about him being stuck to Mane's side around Melwood - and some of his displays and short appearances have not assuaged those fears, indeed I described him thusly:

"looks about as comfortable and confident in his surroundings as an Eritrean child soldier at Harry Potter World".

However, that was an exciting performance indeed. More please.

Klopp has called out Shaqiri a few times. It's like he's the only player Klopp notices when shit is going wrong. I had a teacher like that in primary school. There'd be a riot going on whilst she's out of the classroom, things being thrown around, fucking mayhem, and I'm just sitting chatting to my neighbour and she points and screams at me, eyes bulging out and with spittle flying, directing me to the head's office. Happened a number of times.
It was your attitude she didn't like. Just sitting there as if it was nothing to do with you when obviously you started it all off.

Klopp has called out Shaqiri a few times. It's like he's the only player Klopp notices when shit is going wrong. I had a teacher like that in primary school. There'd be a riot going on whilst she's out of the classroom, things being thrown around, fucking mayhem, and I'm just sitting chatting to my neighbour and she points and screams at me, eyes bulging out and with spittle flying, directing me to the head's office. Happened a number of times.

In other words, you slept with her and then never called her back.

It was your attitude she didn't like. Just sitting there as if it was nothing to do with you when obviously you started it all off.

Usually it's the face. Some are blessed with easy on the eye looks and some just have the RBF look. It's obviously still her fault though.

But then 11 wins 3 draws man. You have to trust the process. Fabinho will play a lot. But the gaffer thinks he needs to be brought in slowly. Henderson is an average player, but he does the job Klopp wants of him, until such times as hes happy to move on from him.
Yes this is just about it in a nutshell. Hendo was shite in the first half yesterday but picked up (as did most of the team that hadn't played well in the first) in the second. I don't think I can really fault him in the second but the first was the epitome of boring and ineffective. Not that many stood out in that first half anyway.

Last edited:
But then 11 wins 3 draws man. You have to trust the process. Fabinho will play a lot. But the gaffer thinks he needs to be brought in slowly. Henderson is an average player, but he does the job Klopp wants of him, until such times as hes happy to move on from him.

Heh, I guess the annoying thing is that there can barely be a game that goes by, win or lose (which we're barely doing anyway) without him getting a mention. I'm pretty sure too that Fabinho will be a belter of a player, he's also a more natural DM, so he's got that already. Henderson was fairly inconsequential in a negative sense yesterday, he broke things up, covered ground, kept the ball moving, made some decent passes too, the fairly standard you get from a water carrier/DM. He did ok, we won, he did his job.

There is pretty much no reason to pick him out last night as a blot on the performance.

Let's say for arguments sake that someone thinks Henderson has been a pretty good pro and a decent player for us, sometimes great, sometimes not so. Imagine that person having some ridiculous thing against Fabinho, just because of a concern about who would play more. Not being bothered so much about the results of the club, but moreso about who played more or performed best out of their personal favourites and hates.

Imagine already having a fully formed opinion about a certain breed of player when they join Liverpool, that wouldn't waver, picking holes in International appearances, first games back after long injury spells, moaning after a 3-1 win that a better player languished on the bench.

I mean that person would just be a massive, massive annoying cunt. Right?

Anybody who's missed the match might want to watch this:

Finally looking like the player we thought we signed. A note of caution – he made his opponents look like mugs, but they were mugs for the most part, probably the most agricultural and pedestrian midfield in the EPL. It won't be as easy against others.

The thing is this is exactly the player we've been looking for in midfield. He has the Coutinho knack of being able to ghost past players, he picked out some delicious passes, and his technical ability was outstanding. He was very unlucky not to score with Hart bringing out a world class save at full stretch to deny him and then later his sharp backheel, after another shot was blocked just sedonds earlier, being denied virtually on the line, plus he had another 2 or 3 attempts that brought out saves, almost certainly our most attacking player in attempts on goal.

Plus, as you noted elsewhere, not only does he always look to go forward (and often scurry 20-25m up the pitch when a gap opens up) but he was often in the right place at the right time in defence, blocking (at least 3 I counted) and tackling (not the full blooded type but his red cards show he has that in his locker but more often just getting a foot in to pinch the ball off of the opponent.

What was actually very impressive yesterday was how, although he is physically short and very slight, he performed superbly against what I'd wager is physically the largest team in the PL.

This was the Keita we've seen from RB Leipzig. I really hope this is a sign of what we are going to see from him from now on. It really was the 9/10 performance ratings he seems to have garnered.

7092954-0-image-a-178_1544107552906.jpg

Why is ANYBODY harping on about Hendo (who had a very decent game, considering what was being asked of him), when Alberto fucking Moreno was on the same pitch?!?!?!? ;)

The rumour is he has a slight fracture of the lower leg.

The frustrating thing is that he's been covering two positions well, so we're essentially down in both respects. Not much let up for TAA (unless Clyne figures again) and we have to put up with Lovren or Matip and we know too well about their limitations and inconsistencies.

The frustrating thing is that he's been covering two positions well, so we're essentially down in both respects. Not much let up for TAA (unless Clyne figures again) and we have to put up with Lovren or Matip and we know too well about their limitations and inconsistencies.
Fabinho can also cover both of those positions. Versatile player.

Fabinho can also cover both of those positions. Versatile player.

He's never played there in the Premiership and has barely figured in his favoured role, so I'd be surprised if it happened any time soon, especially not at right back, where our game is dependent on pace and breaking quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom