• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Bumping of Threads..

6TimesaRed

Not a Bot....
Administrator
Can we refrain from bumping a 7 year old thread.. how frigging difficult is it to create a new one @gene hughes

if its dead and buried, by god.. leave it dead and buried..

By all means start a new thread if you wish..

Split from the bumped thread.. hence the new title..

Last edited:
So I don't get to read through an obviously inspired by "The Meaning Of Liff" thread that looked great because of the stupid no bumping threads rule?

Daft.

So I don't get to read through an obviously inspired by "The Meaning Of Liff" thread that looked great because of the stupid no bumping threads rule?

Daft.

If a thread hasn't had a reply in ages, then it obviously not generating any interest.. so bumping of the thread is an absolute no..

However if you wish to create a topic based on the idea of an old thread that you will think generate interest, by all means do....

It was a 7 year old thread, and your suggestion nearly a 2 year old thread..

They are the rules...

Approved by @Rosco :D *coughs*

Jeeze, you've totally missed the point @RedNinja

Yup he has.

And i wish he'd stop fucking tagging me everytime he does somethingsilly.

I've consistently made the same fucking point - people who hide news in old threads are stifling discussion. Thats what needs stopping. Thats why the auto lock function is only in place in the football forum and nowhere else.

Yup he has.

I've consistently made the same fucking point - people who hide news in old threads are stifling discussion. Thats what needs stopping. Thats why the auto lock function is only in place in the football forum and nowhere else.

That I agree totally with, but a 7 year old topic should never be bumped regardless of where it sits...

I don't know of any forums that allow that as a norm...

The Liverpool Way and RAWK for a start.

It doesn't happen often but can be funny when it does. Like Gene's bump was. Briefly.

The Liverpool Way

RAWK

for a start.

It doesn't happen often but can be funny when it does. Like Gene's bump was. Briefly.

The poster get flamed for it... RAWK certainly doesn't tolerate it, but yeah like you say it is funny...

RAWK may not allow it in the LFC section (I almost never go in there so wouldn't really know) but it certainly happens in other areas.

tumblr_inline_mrqtv5MVj71qz4rgp.gif

Yup he has.

What does 'people who hide news in old threads are stifling discussion' mean?

Just for a moment, pretend I didn't write this and aren't being sarcastic.

I don't know what you mean, honestly. It's good to bump threads? People who don't like bumps don't like them because they don't like what's in them?

What does 'people who hide news in old threads are stifling discussion' mean?

Just for a moment, pretend I didn't write this and aren't being sarcastic.

I don't know what you mean, honestly. It's good to bump threads? People who don't like bumps don't like them because they don't like what's in them?

If instead of starting a thread with your idea for a post / news you instead pop into at the end old thread it gets a lot less less replies, if any.

Right, so new threads is best and old threads stay unbumped. As a general preferred rule. If you have something interesting to say, that is.

I also thought it was funny. And it just wouldn't have had the same effect in a new thread.

Back
Top Bottom