1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
    Dismiss Notice
Why Not Register?

It only takes a few minutes to register on SixCrazyMinutes

Click Here

Brighton Away - Pre Match Thread

Discussion in 'The Football Forum' started by bluebell, Jan 8, 2019.

?

Who should partner VVD if Lovren is injured (and no Matip or Gomez available)?

1. Fabs

69.2%
  2. Milner

3.8%
  3. Nathaniel Phillips

7.7%
  4. Masterson

13.5%
  5. Other

5.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Holle

Holle Subcomandante Sanchez Member

'Confused ideas and intentions' or 'A predictable mess'?

2. Frogfish

Frogfish Gone to Redcafe Member

On the contrary it seems to be you who can't get his head around the idea that Klopp's motives for a playing a virtual squad/reserve team was to rest his prime players with the intention of maximising our chances of winning against Brighton. You seem to find that a 'jumble of confused ideas' and 'incoherent'. Most don't and by most I don't mean on here where FAC sentimentality reigns but by the general footballing community at large.

Maximise the chances of winning the PL or the FAC. Klopp chose his. You seem to want your cake and eat it.

3. Rosco

Rosco Worse than Brendan Administrator

Bringing on Firmino and Salah for 20 mins isn't inconsistent with wanting to keep them fresh for the next game.

4. gkmacca

gkmacca Part of the Furniture Member

I'll type this extra-slowly so maybe you'll finally understand. If last night was not the result of inconsistent decisions and intentions, and was instead the result of a consistent and coherent set of decisions seeking to maximise our chances at the weekend, explain the logic of bringing on Salah and Firmino. Last chance.

5. mark1975

mark1975 Moderator Moderator

It's this sort of "I speak for the majority" senselessness that really does my fucking nut in. Most fans I know, including loads who went last night, thought it was same old pathetic half hearted cup stuff.

6. gkmacca

gkmacca Part of the Furniture Member

Resting them completely would have been more consistent. Don't join in the trolling, I know it's a quiet day, but don't encourage it.

7. Rosco

Rosco Worse than Brendan Administrator

Yeah it would have been more consistent to leave them out completely but there's a logic to throwing them on at the end to see if they can rescue the game - even when the competition isn't our priority.

We have to pick and choose our moments, last night was a mess because we needed to rest players who've had a tough slog through Xmas and the New Year.

Kay Age El, Mamma Mia and Frogfish like this.
  8. Frogfish

Frogfish Gone to Redcafe Member

And I'll repeat it for you since you clearly don't want to acknowledge anything that doesn't fit within the strict arbitrary parameters you've set.

I've no fucking idea. Maybe he viewed 20 mins as acceptable risk but 90 mins wasn't. Maybe Klopp's parameters were more flexible than yours.

That does not mean however that Klopp didn't rotate for Brighton, which he clearly did. How difficult is it for you to acknowledge that, whether you agree with it or not.

9. Holle

Holle Subcomandante Sanchez Member

I'd rather we went out the way we did than Mo or Bobby equalize and we have to watch Moreno and Mignolet again in a replay.

10. manwithnoname

manwithnoname Bravo old man. Bravo. Member

True, and I doubt we'd have seen them at all if we hadn't been getting beat. But anyway.

11. manwithnoname

Hang on, surely nobody is saying that Klopp didn't rotate and rest players? He played three teenagers and two strikers who have played about 90 minutes all season and rested his best defender and first-choice keeper.

The obvious prioritisation of the league (regardless of who we're playing next) over the cup isn't up for argument.

12. Glen C

Glen C Very Active Member

I don't see the problem. We've played a lot of games recently and players needed a rest. We don't have the squad to be putting a full strength team for the FA cup, champions league and still hope to win the league. We had to prioritize and out of the three the FA cup is the least important in terms of prestige and money. All i care about is the league. If resting players against wolves gives us the best chance of beating Brighton this weekend then i'm all for it. Doesn't mean we will win, but i can guarantee you that we'll have a better chance than if we played a full strength team for 90 mins against wolves.

Frogfish likes this.
  13. Insignificance

Insignificance Bad to the bone Member

You said: "
    We're gonna look really fucking stupid if we drop points at the weekend
    "

That is based on us loosing against Wolves in an FA Cup game that we didn't prioitize, and then loosing points in a League game. You probably don't mean to indicate that we are guaranteed to win the remaining away games, but for some reason we would look really fucking stupid if we dropped Points in a tricky awaygame.

My reasoning is that if we drop Points we will still be top of the League, and that is not a really fucking stupid position to be in. But if we had lost the two games (Spurs and Arsenal is 4 Points) we would not have been top of the League before the Brighton game. You Logics is that if we had beaten Wolves and lost points against Brighton we would not look really fucking stupid if we had 4 points less before the game. I prefer the 4 Points gap in Our favour and a loss to Wolves (if I could choose) and you obvious the oposite.

14. manwithnoname

Someone make it stop

Markeh likes this.
  15. jexykrodic

jexykrodic Well-Known Member

You need to add the word Brexit somewhere and then someone is bound to come along and stop it.

16. RedNinja

RedNinja Not a Bot.... Administrator

We will win this easily...

17. Hansern

Hansern Part of the Furniture Member

Not really, VVD would have started if he wasnt ill. Klopp also would have started Lallana and Henderson if not for minor knocks and illness.

18. LeTallecWiz

LeTallecWiz Mo(ssa)d Administrator

Anyone else eating oranges today?

19. Markeh

Markeh Very Well-Known Member

This thread gave me a headache

Looking forward to a serious performance to put that man city shite to bed

20. manwithnoname

Yeah, he was all for giving this competition his very best shot, it's just circumstance, bad luck and injury that led to the youngest ever Liverpool player to feature in the FA cup, our second-choice goalkeeper, our second-choice RB, two teenagers starting their first ever games, a midfielder at CB, and a strike duo who have started three games all season, making a total of 9 changes to the team that played City.

Heavy rotation was expected, widely predicted and happened.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.