• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Brewster

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's at the best club to get moulded. Klopp will have him working hard build up his pressing and encouraging him to attack Kloppo style, looking forward to seeing him develop.

After Brewster's display against Tranmere comparisons are being made as to who is better, Brewster or Mason Greenwood. Those that watch underlings play, who is better?
No guarantee either will make it, so let them make the comparison if it makes them feel better. We all hope Brewster will. But a certain Ben Woodburn was tearing it up at the same age. He still hasn't broken through.

If you guys are saying he lacks pace then it is a worry already; nah don't think he will make it, hope he does well enough so we can sell him for 150M to Barca.

Brewster looks to have plenty of pace, so that shoudnt be an issue.
The players had already had a morning session before the Tranmere game so its quite impressive that they looked so energetic and quick.

Brewster looks to have plenty of pace, so that shoudnt be an issue.
The players had already had a morning session before the Tranmere game so its quite impressive that they looked so energetic and quick.

I think hes got a burst of pace over say 5 - 10 metres which alot of forwards use to good effect. But he doesnt have anything like the pace of Salah or Mané, not from what Ive seen. I dont think that means a whole lot though, Firmino isnt that quick, neither was Suarez, timing/positioning your run is at least as important.

He put in a very complete performance against Tranmere. We have every right to be excited by Brewster.

I think hes got a burst of pace over say 5 - 10 metres which alot of forwards use to good effect. But he doesnt have anything like the pace of Salah or Mané, not from what Ive seen. I dont think that means a whole lot though, Firmino isnt that quick, neither was Suarez, timing/positioning your run is at least as important.

Yeah, he isn't going to devastate teams on the break through sheer pace as Salah can do, and even Mane, but more often than not we are playing against teams camped in their own half, so that's not always what is needed. That short burst of pace and quickness of thought can be devastating in its own right.

So he'll be like a new signing again in five years as well as right now. Two new signings in one.

It's funny how quickly everyone on here seems to have decided he lacks pace just because one poster said it.

Pace is always described as one of his key attributes, and he looks pretty quick to me from the footage available. Certainly quick enough that it's not an issue for him.

Is it because most of his goals are based off clever movement in the box? He's very much a box player from the looks of it. So there really isn't that much footage of him running at pace anyway - it's a bit hard to judge tbh.

That’s very debatable.
It doesn't happen often, but I agree with Dreamy. If it were a 100m sprinter then that would be assured, but in footy, it just doesn't always translate. Michael Owen was lightening at 17, and was probably past his best at 24. You do wonder with newer sports science whether players will be able to protect their speed like a sprinter.

I think there has been leaps and bounds in terms of knowledge since Owen took to the stage.

For one back then everyone would train the same,even then I remember articles and maybe athletes suggesting Owen should be training like sprint athlete to help his hamstrings stay in shape and not snap everyone he went full tilt.. which he never did after his injuries cos he knew they'd go..Sturbridge same .. Torres to an extension similar.

For those talking about pace of Salah and mane etc.. didn't Virgil and Gomez hit top speed speed last season?

... Is there anything Virgil can't do.. *dreamy eyes*

It doesn't happen often, but I agree with Dreamy. If it were a 100m sprinter then that would be assured, but in footy, it just doesn't always translate. Michael Owen was lightening at 17, and was probably past his best at 24. You do wonder with newer sports science whether players will be able to protect their speed like a sprinter.

Injuries play a big part and sprinters just aren’t exposed to anywhere near the same physical demands.

It’s a stupid comparison.

I think there has been leaps and bounds in terms of knowledge since Owen took to the stage.

For one back then everyone would train the same,even then I remember articles and maybe athletes suggesting Owen should be training like sprint athlete to help his hamstrings stay in shape and not snap everyone he went full tilt.. which he never did after his injuries cos he knew they'd go..Sturbridge same .. Torres to an extension similar.

For those talking about pace of Salah and mane etc.. didn't Virgil and Gomez hit top speed speed last season?

... Is there anything Virgil can't do.. *dreamy eyes*

I do have nice eyes.

Injuries play a big part and sprinters just aren’t exposed to anywhere near the same physical demands.

It’s a stupid comparison.

And a sprinter doesn't just strap up a niggle and play every week. Salah and Mane played most of the Spring part of the season with strapping, as so many footballers do.

And a sprinter doesn't just strap up a niggle and play every week. Salah and Mane played most of the Spring part of the season with strapping, as so many footballers do.

100%.

I would imagine it’s the exception rather than the norm that players get faster in their 20’s.

It’s s fair comparison. Every professional athlete improves their physical performance from their teens into their 20s these days due to the scientific approach.

Just look at the difference in body sizes in some of the kids that played. They’re getting more and more powerful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom