• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Brew's ready?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rurikbird

Part of the Furniture
Honorary Member

brewster.png

10 goals in 19 starts. 4 goals in his last 6, including this – seems like he's getting sharper and growing in confidence. Maybe we already have our Greenwood?

I think it's clear he's got tremendous ability in and around the box.
He seems to be a 'natural' finisher - which this team can use.
A back up for Bobby - assuming he can do the dirty work - is definitely on this year ... esp considering our $ predicament.

Definitely deserves a chance. Minimino has been getting decent game time over the last 10 games, so hopefully Brewster would get the same next season.

I mean, if we are not signing anyone it makes sense to put faith in this lad.

I can see us surviving an injury to one key player next season, but certainly not two.

I think it's clear he's got tremendous ability in and around the box.
He seems to be a 'natural' finisher - which this team can use.
A back up for Bobby - assuming he can do the dirty work - is definitely on this year ... esp considering our $ predicament.

He's not a back-up for Bobby though – quite an opposite type of player in fact. Zero assists to go with those 10 goals tell their own story. You're going to hurt Mane and Salah's game if you stick him in the middle in place of Bobby, so I would think he plays in place of one of them. But can he play on the wing?

I don't know much about him but he isn't as quick or skillful as Salah or Mane... whoever he replaces, he changes our game

The thing is, our front three is so unconventional you could say that about pretty much anyone in the world. It's a blessing and a curse. .

Like I said in another thread, he deserves a chance. Will be interesting to see how he performs in pre season.
I'd let Origi go.

I think hes got to be given a chance, 10 goals since January and driving an average Swansea side into the playoffs suggest not just his ability but his attitide is made for bigger things. Hes nothing like Firmino but thats probably a good thing, we need somebody who can give us a different option, not more of the same thing. Id be very surprised if there arent several PL clubs enquiring about his availability next season.

I don't know much about him but he isn't as quick or skillful as Salah or Mane... whoever he replaces, he changes our game

The thing is, our front three is so unconventional you could say that about pretty much anyone in the world. It's a blessing and a curse. .

He has the ability to do pretty much anything in the last third of the pitch. He's much younger than Salah or Mane - Salah didn't look that special when he was a similar age - but I've no real doubt he can develop in a way that comes close to their level now. It's obviously down to his determination, what chances he gets and the extent to which he avoids further injury problems, but in terms of potential he's a special player.

I'd like to see him get a PL loan next year - these are crunch years in his development and i'm not sure sitting on our bench would help given Minamino & Elliot are likely ahead of him in the pecking order.

Macca knows more than me but I'd say Brewster is a pure number 9, like Fowler or whatever. He won't be competing with those two I wouldn't have thought.

I agree that another year might make sense, let's hope he can fire Swansea into the Prem and have a go with them.

I'd loan him to Leeds, their hatred gives them a fair chance of taking points off our rivals, so we should try to give them a helping hand.

Disregard the awful music.

The kid definitely has decent technique, but what I really like about him is that he works hard upfront. Chases down lost causes and harries defenders.
Imagine him with some muscles, he'd be lethal.

I wouldn't be worried particularly that his game doesn't resemble any of our current front three.
Origi, who seems to be first choice replacement, has little of the qualities of them either and is a considerable drop off in standard.
In the short term Brewster might even be a better option coming off the bench next season than Origi but for his long term develoment, it might be better if he went out on loan again.

Brewster seems more like a Sturridge 'Fifa Regen' to me. That's not necceasrilly a bad thing, and the good thing with young players like Brewster is that they are still young enough to be moulded. People saying that he's not Firmino enough but we can see he definitely has some decent finishing and touches. If he's willing to work on his link-up play who knows maybe he can fit into the future of Liverpool when Klopp is about to leave in 4 years time. Its not like we have to find exact replicas of Mane, Salah and Firmino, before those players came to our club we never had a forward setup like that, things change, systems evolve, as long as Brewster keeps himself honest then who knows?

Oh wow didn't realize he helped them make the play offs, well done!

I actually watched the game against Reading, just to check out Brewster. Overall, I'm impressed – besides the incredible goal, his passing is a lot better than I remembered from before. He makes quick decisions and usually knows where he's going to pass even before he receives the ball; there was one time he got the pass on a wing under pressure and he just pinged a long cross-field pass to a teammate with one touch – very impressive to see this and to execute. Most of his passes to teammates seem to be one-touch and pinged with pace and precision.

His work-rate was solid and he moved all around the pitch, playing on the shoulder, coming deeper and sometimes exchanging positions with wingers. He didn't have a problem holding up the ball, although Premier league defenders will surely present more of a challenge. I wish he was more involved in the game after the goal, but I guess it was more on his teammates. Clearly in that team Ayew is the leader and top dog, but you can also see Brewster earned everyone's respect and he's vocal and confident on the pitch. I'll be rooting for Swansea on Sunday.

Last edited:
I'd loan him to Leeds, their hatred gives them a fair chance of taking points off our rivals, so we should try to give them a helping hand.

Leeds because of Bielsas physically demanding pressing style would be a good way to prepare him for our first team. The other good fit would be Sheffield Utd where they have a very good manager and he would most likely get alot of game time.

Leeds because of Bielsas physically demanding pressing style would be a good way to prepare him for our first team. The other good fit would be Sheffield Utd where they have a very good manager and he would most likely get alot of game time.

That might also cause an issue. He's a £25m asset at the end of the day, and we know his ankles are vulnerable, so if we entrust that asset to Bielsa, and he proceeds to make him run cross country marathons and work like a dog doing beep tests every other day, we might get a little bit pissed off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom