• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Bob Paisley The Most Successful Manager EVER

Cal said:
Nic83 said:
Cal, how long did it take Ferguson to win anything with United? 5 years was it? Believe me, it wasn't mainly due to the fact that the team he inherited was lacking in quality, it was because it took him that long to BUY a team worthy of championships.

A great motivator, yes. But a great tactician, no. He's MR. all out attack. He only ever had one strategy and is a shadow of Paisley.

Bob Paisly = Legend.
Yes, United did finish 4th the season before Sir Alex took over, but we were also in the relegation zone at the time he took over with a team of good players near the end of their careers (except Robson) and he has had to revamp the whole culture at the club to succed.

Anyway, of course you'd see Paisley as a legend; the same was United fans see Sir Alex as a legend, no point arguing about it really.

Fair point. We all wear our own specially tinted glasses; it's parts of football. They're both 2 of the Best.Managers.Ever.

A superb post Livvy.

Pity it was interrupted by those two fruits, but nonetheless.

Bien fait.

Cal said:
Nic83 said:
Cal, how long did it take Ferguson to win anything with United? 5 years was it? Believe me, it wasn't mainly due to the fact that the team he inherited was lacking in quality, it was because it took him that long to BUY a team worthy of championships.

A great motivator, yes. But a great tactician, no. He's MR. all out attack. He only ever had one strategy and is a shadow of Paisley.

Bob Paisly = Legend.
Yes, United did finish 4th the season before Sir Alex took over, but we were also in the relegation zone at the time he took over with a team of good players near the end of their careers (except Robson) and he has had to revamp the whole culture at the club to succed.

Anyway, of course you'd see Paisley as a legend; the same was United fans see Sir Alex as a legend, no point arguing about it really.

one was knighted,one wasn't.

i guess that's why comparisons between Paisley and Fergie are irrelevant,Cal.

your views mean nothing.

better stick to the first page,Jon...everything kind of meanders after that :)

and it was an excellent post,Livvy.

Bob presided over my formative years as a red. I wish he were at the helm now.

YNWA

[quote author=doctor_mac link=topic=7765.msg491856#msg491856 date=1203003264]
Bob presided over my formative years as a red. I wish he were at the helm now.

YNWA
[/quote]

*nods*

Back
Top Bottom