• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Banning Modo

I always pictured you gkmacca to look like Robert Duvall. Not sure if this thread has strengthened this image or not.

On a side note, I always picture Brendan to look like Ricky Gervais - leather coat and all.

Don't be silly @gkmacca - we all have our moments. Stay great and be nice. it's pretty easy!

I think he's rightly frustrated that no one has really taken on his original point, which he was right about. What was the point in banning Modo? We've essentially said there is no point in modding, because it doesn't work, not when a poster can get away with the same deliberate goading and time wasting for years (and that's no exaggeration, it really has been several years).

Let's put this in another way. A poster has gotten away with the same disruptive behavior for several years on here and finally, after repeated warnings and multiple pissed off posters complaining, mods got to a point where we really saw no other deterrent left to use but to ban him. AFTER SEVERAL YEARS.

He was warned and given a temporary break a while back and came back into threads with smart arse comments that gradually grew and grew until he was back derailing just about every thread that remotely touched upon one of his favoured subjects.

So it's not like we haven't tried a temporary "suspension" before, we have and ultimately it didn't work. He became a good poster again for a short period then spiraled into the nonsense that saw this happen, laughing about an injury to Henderson in one of the most juvenile, humorless, pathetically bitter posts I've seen on here.

We don't need it. If you think the place is worse off without his humorless goading then I'd really like to know the endearing qualities of an obviously disturbed and blatant shit-stirrer of an individual who has a rather transparent hatred of a certain breed of player.

He's gotten away with murder on here for years. People can point at other posters who they feel have gotten away with slanging matches on here and posters who have regular friction with other posters, I'd wager every one of those other posters offer something fairly valuable to the forum with the majority of their offerings.

And yes I know it's a fairly liberal place that goes too close to the bone from time to time. That was more or less the ethos of the place when it started and not something we really want to lose. Its dark humour, cynicism and sarcasm. I'm fine with all of that, but when someone is becoming intolerable and the Mods have been waaaaaaay more patient than those modding any other forum that's out there, if we've banned someone, it's not without reason and I can do without dickhead posts about DJ Syd comparisons (as someone did earlier over this subject).

'And take your medicine'? If you can read that back and not realise what a whopper you are, there's no hope.
That stung didn't it! You know what I mean. It's you that is being a whopper you fucking tart.

I think he's rightly frustrated that no one has really taken on his original point, which he was right about. What was the point in banning Modo? We've essentially said there is no point in modding, because it doesn't work, not when a poster can get away with the same deliberate goading and time wasting for years (and that's no exaggeration, it really has been several years).

Let's put this in another way. A poster has gotten away with the same disruptive behavior for several years on here and finally, after repeated warnings and multiple pissed off posters complaining, mods got to a point where we really saw no other deterrent left to use but to ban him. AFTER SEVERAL YEARS.

He was warned and given a temporary break a while back and came back into threads with smart arse comments that gradually grew and grew until he was back derailing just about every thread that remotely touched upon one of his favoured subjects.

So it's not like we haven't tried a temporary "suspension" before, we have and ultimately it didn't work. He became a good poster again for a short period then spiraled into the nonsense that saw this happen, laughing about an injury to Henderson in one of the most juvenile, humorless, pathetically bitter posts I've seen on here.

We don't need it. If you think the place is worse off without his humorless goading then I'd really like to know the endearing qualities of an obviously disturbed and blatant shit-stirrer of an individual who has a rather transparent hatred of a certain breed of player.

He's gotten away with murder on here for years. People can point at other posters who they feel have gotten away with slanging matches on here and posters who have regular friction with other posters, I'd wager every one of those other posters offer something fairly valuable to the forum with the majority of their offerings.

And yes I know it's a fairly liberal place that goes too close to the bone from time to time. That was more or less the ethos of the place when it started and not something we really want to lose. Its dark humour, cynicism and sarcasm. I'm fine with all of that, but when someone is becoming intolerable and the Mods have been waaaaaaay more patient than those modding any other forum that's out there, if we've banned someone, it's not without reason and I can do without dickhead posts about DJ Syd comparisons (as someone did earlier over this subject).

Agree with every word, and would add that even threads which aren't remotely relevant to his pet obsessions are regularly polluted by his grubby little interventions.

Haha! Nice to see you find everything so funny. You didn't when Brendan was getting at you - haha! - but that was you, rather than anyone else - haha! The next time you get trolled and expect the mods to help out - haha! - I hope you reflect on what an utter plank you've been about this. Haha!

Don't upset him too much. The laughs will turn to twitches and then.......

DJcewxgXoAEUETl.jpg

Ok - Nothing but peace and love from me. Just because some humourless honey has to spit his dummy doesn't mean I can't pull him up on it. It's happened to me loads so it's kind of refreshing when the shoe is on the other foot... I've no beef with Macca. Indeed I respect the guy totally. It was his low blow that ranckled. You can get that right? Anyway I've got dinner to cook. X L

Jesus Christ have a fucking pint and a line.

Anyways, on topic, Modo is a fucking mong and I think he posts his bullshit solely to wind people up. He can't believe most of it, it's fucking ridiculous. But he is pretty easy to ignore, or call a spaz, or whatever. I think if everyone who'd like him banned just quoted all his posts and replied 'thick spaz' then he might get the message

The decision to ban him was taken by one mod. Another did the actual banning whilst not agreeing with it entirely.

The rest of us said it was too harsh & laid out our reasons why.

I get that you don't agree with it being overturned, & I get it doesn't look good.

The only way to avoid issues like this would be to lay down a load of ground rules & enforce them to the letter all the times though, & SCM doesn't & wouldn't work like that. By the very nature of our site we let a lot go, but try to have a few more rules than some of the sites around (TLW sad just ridiculous when I checked it out a couple of years back) at the same time.

It's a tightrope, sometimes we'll disagree, sometimes we'll make unpopular decisions, but I like to think that most of the time we get the balance right.

It would be great If the rules could be applied consistently to all posters. So often other people post similar tripe to moody but get away with it because someone from the forum has met the poster in person and they are a ‘good lad’. There is an inner circle of posters who get away with this regularly.

We don't take action for anything, against anyone really... Before this Modo event I honestly can't remember the last time an actual poster (not spammer) was banned, I really can't.

We let everyone have an almost free reign & in the main it works I think.

We don't take action for anything, against anyone really... Before this Modo event I honestly can't remember the last time an actual poster (not spammer) was banned, I really can't.

We let everyone have an almost free reign & in the main it works I think.
I think it was whoever started the awful jokes thread. I don't remember his name.

I called him out @Leo way before he got banned.. And he really gave me a hard time over it...

It was deemed at the time he contributed well enough to the site, to turn a blind eye at this point, but would be monitored

So it was a long time before action was taken in that regards.. Eventually it came to the point after plenty of warnings where his constant jumping on posters and abuse heavily outweighed his contribution.. So he had to go..

Was the correct decision..

He had spats with everyone and eventually fell out with just about everyone. He had his pet hates and it just grew and grew, plus he was abusive unnecessarily waaaaaaaaay more than Brendan or Modo.

Back
Top Bottom