• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Babel to Wolfsburg for £9 million?

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Binny

Part of the Furniture
Honorary Member
Liverpool are ready to sell flying Dutchman Ryan Babel to Steve McClaren’s German giants Wolfsburg in a shock £9 million deal.

Babel is wanted by McClaren’s wealthy club for their Europa League campaign and talks between the clubs were at an advanced stage last night.

Boss Roy Hodgson has overlooked Babel so far as he plans for the season and it is up to the former Ajax player to accept the move as Wolfsburg will pay the fee.

The Babel sale would be a surprise windfall for Liverpool who have been trying to move out unwanted fringe men all summer without too much success.

Hodgson thinks he can do without Babel, whose erratic style has failed to impress since Rafa Benitez bought him a couple of years ago. The money would help with the club’s finances while they sort out their potential takeover.

Babel was also wanted by Birmingham City but Wolfsburg are the clear leaders in the race and willing to spend the money they anticipate from their European campaign.

I think this has already been posted in the transfer thread mate...

I'd bite their hand off for £9 million... it seems like we would need a replacement capable of playing on either wing, then I remember that Babel is fucking useless and should never play so it's not really like he needs replacing.

Nine million is a decent fee and I wouldn't be upset if we took it. On the other hand, I am still curious to see if Babel might develop under Roy. We've no evidence to suggest he's capable of fulfilling that mysterious potential he was once thought to possess but I'm still curious.

Did Babel play at all during pre-season? And if he didn't, was it because of any injury/world cup fatigue? If not, then chances are that this could be true. Would be well pleased if this happens.

Opps sorry, didn't realise it was posted. :-[

We have to do something abt Babel before his value depreciates. Its either Roy working his magic or doing a deal fast for his exit.

Let´s hope and pray for this to happen!
Step up Genoa and Palermo and free us from Insua and Lucas too.

Has he tweeted about getting lost on the way to Germany yet?

Sell, sell, sell.

I doubt this will happen, unfortunately.

If he refused to go to Brum, he might do it again.

(Incidentally, a lot of posters had slammed Rafa for not selling him to Brum for 11 million, but in that instance it was Babel who refused to go, I think)

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=41485.msg1156346#msg1156346 date=1282109185]
i guess pacheco can get his appearances and we can shove 9 million into a back up striker?
[/quote]

Exactly, Babel, for me has had enough time and waiting to see if he'll finally develop into a quality consistent player 'with an arm around his shoulder' is only going to delay the chances the young uns! Time for pacheco to step up now!

I am not suprised he declined Birmingham..

i imagine he would quite like a move back to the dutch league. * just realised he is linked to Wolfsburg..

Martins, Babel, Muslimavic, Dzeko, Grafite - not a bad attacking line up.

[quote author=gareth_thomas link=topic=41485.msg1156521#msg1156521 date=1282131544]

i imagine he would quite like a move back to the dutch league. * just realised he is linked to Wolfsburg..

[/quote]

Apart from Martins and Babel that is.

Decent price and decent move. I don't want him to move to another English club so this is ideal.

We should put the money towards a decent striker, obviously.

Babel on Twitter :

"The first person who will tell u about anything will be me not the papers," he Tweeted on Wednesday afternoon, hinting there may be something to report in the coming weeks. "The last 50 mentions dat I got were: Is it true about the rumors Ryan, r u leaving etc.. Oh pleasee.. Save it."

[quote author=gareth_thomas link=topic=41485.msg1156521#msg1156521 date=1282131544]

[/quote]

Martins has moved on to Rubin Kazan so there is a place for a brainless speedster.

He didn't say Babel is going nowhere. He said there have been no offers.

Meanwhile, quizzed on whether rumours linking Babel with a move to Wolfsburg was accurate, Hodgson said: "No, there's none there. I'm afraid we're in the realm of speculation. You know better than I how many stories you're getting every day, and many of them are unfounded and many are attempts from people to get their players in the spotlight.

"We've had no written or formal offers for Ryan Babel and he's a player who I'm expecting to play for us."

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=41485.msg1156722#msg1156722 date=1282158722]

Meanwhile, quizzed on whether rumours linking Babel with a move to Wolfsburg was accurate, Hodgson said: "No, there's none there. I'm afraid we're in the realm of speculation. You know better than I how many stories you're getting every day, and many of them are unfounded and many are attempts from people to get their players in the spotlight.

"We've had no written or formal offers for Ryan Babel and he's a player who I'm expecting to play for us."

[/quote]

Isn't that the standard phrase used when negotiations are under way ?

[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=41485.msg1157054#msg1157054 date=1282208445]
We can but hope.
[/quote]

True.

Its not exactly a ringing endorsement of his abilities is it? More a "he's part of the squad and will get a game once in a while, but if someone offered me 10m I'd snap their hand off" feel

[quote author=Frogfish link=topic=41485.msg1156968#msg1156968 date=1282189301]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah. He's said the same about Masher aswell, despite it being obvious that should a big bid come in, he'll be gone.

[quote author=mark1975 link=topic=41485.msg1157059#msg1157059 date=1282208710]
[quote author=Frogfish link=topic=41485.msg1156968#msg1156968 date=1282189301]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah. He's said the same about Masher aswell, despite it being obvious that should a big bid come in, he'll be gone.

[/quote]

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom