• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Australia V South Africa

Ryan

The Prophet
Cop that SA! Skittled for 162 in the first innings, Starc - the deadliest bowler on the planet - with a Michelle.

Should be first test to Aus now if they can hold it together.

Are those the best pitches South Africa can produce too?! Horrific.

Starc is something else. Australia just produce great fast bowlers again and again

Not surprising ... Amla only produces a decent innings every 5-7 innings now, Markram will be quality but still learning and De Kock hasn't kicked on in tests (yet?).

This is final hoorah for that #1 team that Smith brought along with Amla, Kallis, AB, Faf etc ... Was a great run

Are those the best pitches South Africa can produce too?! Horrific.

As for the pitches ... they were great when we played India ... because we knew we had an advantage ... It's the opposite here I've read - the fear of your pace attack has dictated the shitness of the pitch.

Fuck that was classless from Lyon to drop the ball beside AB for the run-out. What was he thinking?!

Starc is something else. Australia just produce great fast bowlers again and again

He is yep. Pace, line, aggression, and pace again. But he wouldn't be the bowler he is without Hazlewood and Lyon alongside him. Hazlewood's consistent top-of-off line and length, and Lyon tying down bowlers allows Starc to rip at it.

Ahhh makes sense now why De Kock seemed so pissed off while batting yesterday - it's unlike him, he's normally very jovial.

Oh well, if anything, at least we now have an opener to partner with Elgar.

Australia wrap up the first test with ease. Starc deservedly man of the match.

Be interesting to see if SA can produce something better in the 2nd test in a few days time. Would also be interesting to see more than a dozen people turn up to watch the thing too... what’s the fucking story with the shit crowds?

Be interesting to see if SA can produce something better in the 2nd test in a few days time. Would also be interesting to see more than a dozen people turn up to watch the thing too... what’s the fucking story with the shit crowds?

school and work? :)

I don't think SA can bat as poorly again. I expect the series to be competitive from here on in.

At the weekend?

Ummmm good beach weather? :)

Why has Nathan Lyon turned into a massive cocktard?

Australian, innit? :p

I don't think SA can bat as poorly again. I expect the series to be competitive from here on in.

Mate, we were so poor against the Indians - even the tests we won, it was more their incompetence than our batting. Our ODI & T20 batting was extremely poor against the Indians too ... and considering AB is hit n' miss right now, Alma seems to be on the way out, and Faf is just coming back from a little 'break,' I'm NOT optimistic! :(

Why has Nathan Lyon turned into a massive cocktard?

Hmmm, I'm putting it down to an error of judgement, and giving him the massive benefit of the doubt with that. That sort of shit is not on. I'd expect it from Warner, but Lyon better not add that bollocks to his repertoire.

Gonna be a loooong day I think ...

and it still may be ... after a horrible 1st session (wicket just before lunch), Rabada exploded for 5 after Ngidi (there's that name again) got out Warner (who looked to be really locked on).

Oz currently 216-9 ...

What a fucking inning from AB - 126* from 146 balls (20 4s and 1 6).
Classy from Starc shaking his hand once Ngidi was run out.

SA have a 100+ run lead here at lunch day 3.

Last edited:
Rabada and the Australians are really going at it each other - he just bowled out Marsh and Marsh tells him to 'fuck off' ... Supposedly Rabada may be banned from the rest of the series for something similar (he's been naughty this year!)

Australia all out for 239, lead of 100.

Rabada took 11 wickets ... 4th time in 28 tests he's taken 10 and he's 22 ... This kid is well on the way to being one of the best SA has ever had.

Back
Top Bottom