• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Aurelien Tchouameni

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is outdated but I think still pretty informative

Dated 20 Oct 2021
https://theanalyst.com/eu/2021/10/aurelien-tchouameni-impressing-at-monaco/

[article]Monaco and the Young Player of the Year award get along just fine. Aurélien Tchouaméni was the sixth player from the club to win the accolade, following in the footsteps of Thierry Henry (1997), David Trezeguet (1998), Philippe Christanval (2000), Patrice Evra (2004) and Kylian Mbappé (2017). Like them, Tchouaméni won his first international cap in the same year he got this prize, making his debut as a substitute in an otherwise unremarkable 1-1 draw with Bosnia-Herzegovina on September 1. Like four of his six predecessors, he quickly won a trophy with les Bleus – albeit not the most iconic one, with the UEFA Nations League title thanks to a 2-1 victory against Spain in October.

Tchouaméni’s rise to his current level is no surprise. Born in the objectively wonderful city of Rouen in January 2000 (confession: so was I, but that’s pure coincidence) Tchouaméni has followed a predictable trajectory. He joined Bordeaux academy at 11, signing his first contract in 2017 and making his professional debut in July 2018 in a UEFA Europa League Preliminary round game against Ventspils. On the international stage, he’s represented France at every youth level from under-16 through to under-21, before making the step up to the senior squad.

After just 25 Ligue 1 appearances with Les Girondins, he signed with Monaco for a fee reported to be €18m. The Covid-19 pandemic delayed his integration with the club, with Tchouaméni playing only 62 minutes before the premature end to the 2019-20 season. The appointment of Niko Kovac as head coach of the club in the weeks leading up to 2020-21 proved to be a key point for the young Frenchman, with Tchouaméni evidently proving his worth to the former Croatian international. Since Kovac’s arrival at Monaco, he’s been the most used player across all competitions with a club-high 57 appearances and 54 starts.

It took Kovac a few months to find his feet at Monaco, but they eventually contended for the Ligue 1 title until right near the end, with a third-place finish and only five points behind eventual winners Lille. One of their major assets in 2020-21 proved to be the midfield duo of Tchouaméni and Youssouf Fofana. Kovac was able to find a perfect balance in his side with the pair acting as a double pivot in a hybrid 3-4-3 formation, where they also provide impressive defensive work to allow the full backs to bring more support in the opposition half of the pitch.

Friends away from the pitch, the duo also provide a fantastic partnership on the field. Between the pair, “Fofameni” have won possession on 442 occasions in Ligue 1 in 2021, with 242 coming from Tchouaméni – the third most in the competition among the big five European leagues across the year. The new French international has also won the most tackles (61) while only six players across the five divisions have won more duels (262).

“It’s impossible to talk about Aurélien without mentioning Youssouf, explained Sofiane Diop, another promising talent at Monaco, in Onze Mondial. “Their duo is magical if I may say. For us, the attacking players, their presence has done us a lot of good. To have guys who work hard to get the ball and who give it to you on a plate, that’s the best.”

But the Frenchman has more to offer than just doing the defensive chores. As a defensive-minded midfielder, he is not directly involved in many goals (three goals, two assists in Ligue 1 in 2021), though he is able to contribute to Monaco’s attacking sequences. He has been involved in 89 open play attacking sequences this year, more than anyone else at Monaco. Impressively, only Joshua Kimmich (8) has made more secondary assists (penultimate pass before a goal) than Tchouaméni across the big five European leagues in 2021 so far (7).

The increased exposure following a callup to the French senior team can be hard to process at times, even more so for such a young talent as 21-year-old Tchouaméni – for instance, Eduardo Camavinga’s form suffered in the weeks following his Les Blues debut a year ago. Despite Monaco’s mixed start to 2021-22, this hasn’t been the case so far for their young midfielder, with Tchouaméni maintaining his high standards – no midfielder has made more interceptions in Ligue 1 than him (19), while no Monaco player has attempted more shots (17).

His strong performances across his first five French senior appearances makes him a natural candidate for a position in the 2022 World Cup for which France will surely now qualify. His partner in the midfield in the UEFA Nations League final, Paul Pogba is already convinced: “He is not a boy, he is a man. He has a lot of energy, technical quality, and an extraordinary athletic ability. We hope he will play many matches and that I will always be at his side!”

The Manchester United star’s compliments could turn into a prophecy. Tchouaméni’s signature is one that many big clubs across Europe look set to battle it out for, with United themselves linked to the Monaco midfielder the strongest of all. “Pogbameni” could become reality at club level in the summer, with a price tag of €60m rumoured and United needing a strong defensive midfielder. Should that happen, he’ll follow a glorious list of players sold by Monaco for a fortune, such as Anthony Martial, Thomas Lemar, James Rodriguez or Kylian Mbappé. The data suggests he’ll be worth every single penny.[/article]

Looks like he's going to RM

Other alternatives?
FUBoWGAXsAACcAv

Last edited:
Aurelien Tchouameni:
“I'm not troubled by that [rumours], because it's a position I've always wanted to be in. As long as I'm followed by the top clubs, that means I'm doing good things. My future? Not yet.”
[telefoot]

[article]
Based on the transfer rumours, it seemed like Liverpool's priority was to land 22-year-old AS Monaco midfielder, Aurélien Tchouaméni. He is highly rated in world football, and has been catching the eye at AS Monaco in recent seasons, having recently broken into the French national team.
However, recent reports in France have emerged which suggest Liverpool will miss out on the midfielder. According to RMC Sport, Tchouaméni has chosen Real Madrid as his next destination, as the ECHO have always maintained would be the case. This leaves Liverpool having to pursue another option.

On such possibility is Ibrahim Sangaré, who has recently emerged as someone on the club's radar. It's easy to see why with Sangaré's style similar to that of Fabinho in his high defensive output and forward-thinking possession play.

But the 24-year-old PSV holding midfielder is not the only option for Liverpool.
Taking a look at Wyscout's data, Liverpool have other options this summer who have similar strengths to Fabinho, softening the blow of failing to land Tchouaméni as a hybrid understudy for the Brazilian and option further forward.

Some of the key metrics where Fabinho excels are in defensive duels (7.4), defensive duel success rate (65 per cent), possession-adjusted interceptions (6.9) and forward passes (14.37). Taking a look at European football, there are several players who fit that criteria and who play in the holding midfield position.

One such man could be 23-year-old Martín Zubimendi, who has enjoyed an excellent campaign with Real Sociedad, and who worked closely with Xabi Alonso in the club's youth team before making the step up to the seniors. Zubimendi would be on the higher end of the scale in terms of transfer value and considering he has not really played as a number eight, he may not be the best option from a financial perspective.

Red Bull Salzburg's 22-year-old, Mohamed Camara, may be a better fit in this regard, with the Malian international valued significantly lower and with Liverpool having strong links with Red Bull clubs, enabling smoother negotiations. At the same time, he has Champions League credentials, and has excelled for Salzburg in the past few seasons, suggesting he is ready for the step up.

Kouadio Manu Koné of Borussia Mochengladbach could be another solution. However, he is on a long-term contract at the club and only joined the Bundesliga outfit last summer, making any sort of potential move more tricky in the immediate future.

If Liverpool are thinking outside the box, Croatian international Nikola Moro could be an interesting pick-up, and one who may even be available as a free agent this summer due to FIFA regulations in regards to Russia-based players.

At 23 years old, Ladislav Krejčí is another under-the-radar name who fits into Fabinho's criteria in terms of similar numbers this season. Interestingly, he has enjoyed a stellar campaign in front of goal, netting nine times in 30 appearances for Sparta Prague. Again, he would likely be available for a cheaper fee than other more high-profile options.
Highly-rated Al Ahly midfielder Aliou Dieng, who caught the eye in the FIFA Club World Cup and is a regular for Mali at international level, may be another low-cost option for FSG. The step up from Al Ahly to Liverpool would be a steep one. However, as a back-up to Fabinho, he may just be worth the gamble.
Tchouaméni may have been the priority at Anfield this summer, but the club still has plenty of other options in the market. As has always been the case with Liverpool, sometimes the alternative options end up as the club's best signings.
[/article]

Apparently the scouting team was looking at this kid last year. Plays for Olympiacos in Greece. Has 5 Goals and 5 Assists. Looks like he can attack, dribble, tackle and pass. He is short at 5'7" (170cm). I doubt he would cost more than £10m

Apparently the scouting team was looking at this kid last year. Plays for Olympiacos in Greece. Has 5 Goals and 5 Assists. Looks like he can attack, dribble, tackle and pass. He is short at 5'7" (170cm). I doubt he would cost more than £10m

Of course it’s YouTube etc…but he’s a wee fooking baller!

Yeah I've always liked Bissouma surely much cheaper than 100m?

I think one plus point is he's got 4 seasons of Premier League experience at Brighton already. Ibrahim Sangare might be a name to keep an eye on.

If the €100M figure is true or close to true, that’s an insane money to pay for a DM, even someone as promising as Tchouameni. This is Pogba money. I’m actually surprised we’ve reportedly stayed in the race for him for so long.

I think one plus point is he's got 4 seasons of Premier League experience at Brighton already. Ibrahim Sangare might be a name to keep an eye on.

It’s not his tackle on the pitch that’s a problem… allegedly.

If the €100M figure is true or close to true, that’s an insane money to pay for a DM, even someone as promising as Tchouameni. This is Pogba money. I’m actually surprised we’ve reportedly stayed in the race for him for so long.

That is definitely insane if that's Pogba money. Giant waste of money that twat.

Do you know what would be really funny.

If he changed his mind at the last minute and signed for us.

Of course it’s YouTube etc…but he’s a wee fooking baller!

Plays almost exactly like Keita. Good on the dribble, eye for a through ball, makes tackles and interceptions, and is tiny.

I don’t think he is what we need now and would take a long while to adjust, but maybe one for the future, although I think Harvey and Carvalho are going to be our small quick-footed midfielders for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom