• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Aurelien Tchouameni

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would've worked if people stopped fucking with the system

There’s nuance though, which we must factor in.

The only full City games I watched were the 2 versus us and the West Ham game…. and they drew all of them!!!!!

upload_2022-5-23_19-31-50.jpeg

Last edited:
Is it possible to make suggesting we buy Adama Traore a banning offence?

I’d rather read a post from Dantes on Trump than another one suggesting we buy him.
You don say anything about us getting him on loan. so I am okay then

I don't understand - I thought we did stuff without other people being aware of hidden gems and our data science department would discover these players and we would suddenly get them. I thought we did not go after the same bird everyone wants coz we know we ain't got enough money in comparison to the to the others to satisfy the birds needs ? This Aurelien bird sounds like a right old slapper - think we should avoid as we should stick to our principles of getting only those that are firm in their intentions of joining us.

The funny thing is we'll end up getting some other lad who nobody was even looking at and he'll be better than Tchouameni. Im relaxed about this. Remember when we thought we were getting Keita and he was hot property and thought he was going to be a world-beater (a mixture of Coutinho and Kante) well that stuff doesn't always work out (for the record I do like Keita). Im chilling on this Tchouameni drama, if we get him cool if we don't cool.

[article]
  • Aurelien Tchouameni has been widely linked with the Reds for months but French reports are today saying he has made his choice and the Monaco man will be moving to Real Madrid this summer
[/article]

Read this yesterday.

Real appear to have been trying to lowball given the players 'preference'.

However, in an interview with CNN, he said he'd be happy in either Spain or England. (Didn't name drop the clubs specifically).

Said the rumours about where he is going is all 'social media talk'.

Read this yesterday.

Real appear to have been trying to lowball given the players 'preference'.

However, in an interview with CNN, he said he'd be happy in either Spain or England. (Didn't name drop the clubs specifically).

Said the rumours about where he is going is all 'social media talk'.

It's imperative we start 'rebuilding' our midfield as we've done so successfully with the attack and defense.
This is a start.
Get him.
Even if it's more than we want to spend.

Get those 3 and I think the 'next' liverpool will be raring to go and peaking just as Klopp has to listen to Ulla and stay for 4 more years!
Yep. That's how I feel too. But things never work like that in reality. Ha! We'll probably end up with Lingard.

I want this guy.
He is The next for The box to box role.

I think De jong could take over for thiago, but we need more goal threat from modfield too.

Who we should Get for The second striker role to take over from Firm is more difficult.

Not too many options i know of.
Nunez is very good, but a different kind.

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/05/25/...-monaco-ligue-un-football-spt-intl/index.html

[article]Aurélien Tchouaméni has saved the phrase "aim for the highest cloud" on his phone -- a sentence he lifted from a book about the legacy of New Zealand's All Blacks.

It serves as a reminder for Tchouaméni in his young footballing career to "get up every day and be better than yesterday."

And as reports continue to circulate about which club he will be playing for next season, it helps the AS Monaco star to stay focused on his own development.

"I'm an ambitious person. Every time I do something ... I just want to win," Tchouaméni tells CNN Sport in an exclusive interview. "If I want to be great, I have to adapt to find some stuff that will allow me to grow as a player."

Tchouaméni, who turned 22 at the start of this year, appears to have greatness within his reach having established himself as one of the top midfielders in European football.

A box-to-box player and a valuable asset in attack and defense, he has been integral to Monaco since joining from Bordeaux two years ago.

This week, he was named in French outlet L'Equipe's team of the season and rated the third-best player in the league behind Paris Saint-Germain's Kylian Mbappé and Rennes' Martin Terrier.

Tchouaméni's performances for Monaco have seen him become one of the most sought-after players in Europe, with Real Madrid and Liverpool reportedly interested in securing his services ahead of next season.

"I like both: I can watch Spanish games and English games," he says. "It's different to play in Spain and it's different to play in England, but at the end, for me, it's just a matter of adaptation."

During the recently completed Ligue 1 campaign, Tchouaméni's talents were key to Monaco almost qualifying automatically for next season's Champions League.

However, a last-minute equalizer from Lens in Monaco's final game saw the club finish third in the league behind Marseille and fall agonizingly short, though reaching the competition via the qualifiers is still a possibility.

Monaco has gained a reputation for developing some of the best young players in European football, with the likes of Mbappé and Manchester City's Bernardo Silva starting their careers on the French Riviera.

Before them, former France internationals David Trezeguet, Thierry Henry, and Emmanuel Petit all had stints at Monaco -- players who drew Tchouaméni to the club in the first place.
"I tried to find a lot of players who came here young and then have grown, and they'd be able to play in a bigger club at the end of their journey here in Monaco," he says.

In a bid to develop as a player and maximize his potential, Tchouaméni says he's made a number of changes to his daily life -- hiring a personal chef and physiotherapist to eat and recover better at home and speaking regularly to a mental coach to improve the psychological aspect of his game.

He's also been leaning on the experience of teammate and fellow midfielder Cesc Fabregas, who has spent close to 20 years playing for top clubs in Europe.

"[He] is a legend of football, so when I came here, my first idea was to ask him a lot of questions -- his movements, how he gives the ball," says Tchouaméni.

"For me, it's easy because I have one of the best midfielders in football; he helps me a lot ... I have everything here to develop and grow as a player."

Tchouaméni's rise at Bordeaux and Monaco has also come with challenges.

In the first year of his professional career, he says he found it hard to ignore disparaging comments on social media about his performance on the pitch.

"When I was 18 and when I did a bad game, a lot of people said you're not able to play in this league, or you don't have the level to be good," he says.

"And I was like: 'OK, maybe they are wrong, or maybe not.' It's difficult to think about it because you are very young, but you have to deal with it.

"That's why I work with [a sports psychologist] and he permits me to embrace expectations and know, whatever they will say, I just continue to do my thing."

Tchouaméni, who has Cameroonian heritage but represented France throughout his youth career, made his international debut last year.

He scored his first goal for the French national team in a 2-1 victory against Ivory Coast in March, and later this year hopes to make his World Cup debut as Les Bleus defend their status as world champions in Qatar.

"You can ask everybody in our team -- nobody wants to go to the World Cup to say: 'I want to be in the quarterfinals, it's okay, and maybe the semifinals, it's okay,'" Tchouaméni says.
"No -- everybody wants to win ... it's going to be our goal."

If he makes it to the World Cup, his favourite adage will no doubt be running through his mind: aim for the highest cloud.[/article]

AS Monaco midfielder Aurelien Tchouameni's transfer to Real Madrid has been held up due to a tax issue, multiple sources have confirmed ESPN.
LaLiga champions Madrid are prepared to pay around €80m to land Tchouameni, who joined Monaco for €20m from Bordeaux in 2020.
However, the Spanish treasury considers the Principality of Monaco a tax haven and are therefore expected to demand Monaco pay 24% in taxes on top of the €60m profit they stand to make from the deal.
Sources close to the negotiations have told ESPN that the Ligue 1 club hope Madrid will pay the additional money, which is just under €15m, but the Spanish side are resistant to doing so.
A source close to Tchouameni played down the issue, saying everything is progressing "as expected" and that they expect the move to be completed next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom