• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Arsenal pre match thread (H) 28 September Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's so early in the season, but fuck it let's get carried away.

Everyone else looks a shambles.

If we can put a decent performance against Arsenal and do a number on them, I think it will be a massive statement and with a 3+ lead over all the potential rivals after only 3 games they will either be shitting themselves (City) or given up hope (the rest)

Really want us to twat them tomorrow. Can't wait.

Firmino with 2. 4-1

It's so early in the season, but fuck it let's get carried away.

Everyone else looks a shambles.

If we can put a decent performance against Arsenal and do a number on them, I think it will be a massive statement and with a 3+ lead over all the potential rivals after only 3 games they will either be shitting themselves (City) or given up hope (the rest)

Really want us to twat them tomorrow. Can't wait.

Firmino with 2. 4-1

On the flip side lose tomorrow and next week all our rivals could be ahead of us. Far too early to do anything. 8-10 games is the time to start assessing.

Arteta's really spiffed up that Arsenal team too. We'll need to play a sight better than we did against Leeds.

On the flip side lose tomorrow and next week all our rivals could be ahead of us. Far too early to do anything. 8-10 games is the time to start assessing.
Do one with your cold hearted logic, and enjoy feeling unbeatable DB. There will be plenty of time for rational thinking when we start drawing or losing again...

As soon at the fixture list came out I thought this was gonna be a tough game while they're on form - defo our toughest of this first chunk of games before the first break. I wouldn't take a draw or anything as I think we'll win, but I wouldn't get all stressed out about having to do anything at this stage of this season. Everyone else looks shit. Everyone is going to beat everyone else. We're the best team in the league. We don't need to make a statement when we've just won the league by fucking miles and made Chelsea look like a league 1 side for the most part. So chill out.

It might actually play into our hands if seeing Ali/Hendo/Thiago all unavailable tempts them into playing a bit more as Fabs, Naby, Gini & the front three are in great form themselves. We will need one of those three to step up and lead us from the middle.

Adrian was very good against Lincoln. It's a complete coin toss with him. It's he's on it we'll be fine.

Aubameyang and Saka against Trent, Gomez and Adrian does scare me.

I'm not convined that Saka will start. I think they'll do a front three of Lacazette, Auba & Willian with Maitland-Niles & Bellerin at wing back with a back 3.. then Xhaka/Ceballos/El Neny at CM.

Adrian was very good against Lincoln. It's a complete coin toss with him. It's he's on it we'll be fine.

Aubameyang and Saka against Trent, Gomez and Adrian does scare me.

I thought Adrian was a bit shit against Lincoln, sure he made some decent saves but I hate how he always punches the ball back into our box. Just take it out for a corner if you can't catch it ffs

Arsenal are going to continue with their tactics under Arteta : Aubameyang and whoever is up front, pressurising the left and Hector Bellerin and Willian doing the same on the right. TAA and Robbo may have to restrict their forward runs somewhat in this match ... but if Arsenal are putting all their eggs in that formation then that will leave lots of space in the centre for Thiago / Keita / Gini (assuming Fabs is still at CB) to be both more direct and to find our front three in more threatening space.

Optimistic. 3-1.

He’s going full shit bag again.

[article]
“Sometimes it’s what you want to do as a coach and sometimes it’s what you are allowed to do with the levels of players and performances that top teams can do against you,” he said. “[In those games] we obviously had very long periods where we had to defend deeper than we would like to, but we have to prepare for the games finding scenarios to win.

“I’m here to win. I’m here to find ways to do it. If I’m proposing something very different that is exposing our team right now, I don’t think I’m acting in the best favour of the club or the players. The players we have available can change our gameplan. We have to be able to adapt. I think in football now, one way doesn’t work unless you are superior to the opponent all the time.”[/article]

If it’s like the game at the emirates we will score a hatful. Our front 3 are not going to miss as many as they did that day. Hoping Alison and van Dijk make the same mistakes is a stupid plan.

Cut off their CMs and they will struggle. Great news if Thiago is in, he'll bring something they haven't seen from us.

I think that the Chel$ki match was a new starting point for this team... A 'right, last season and all of the subsequent silliness is over, it's time to be Liverpool again' moment. They walked onto that pitch with an utterly different mindset than they have since the season restarted... And that includes the Leeds match.

If THAT Liverpool, with THAT mindset shows up, we'll beat them. Won't be the stroll we've become used to in recent seasons, but we're just better than they are.
If we're all casual and not mentally 100%, like the last league match against them, we'll struggle.

I'm betting that the real Liverpool, from the Chel$ki match is back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom