• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Are the Americans starting to figure it out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modo

A contentious scando
Anyone else noticing the emergence of American players in Europe's top teams?
Many of them are future stars, they tell me.

McKennie at Juve, Pulisic at Chelsea and Reyna at Dortmund.
Weah, Lille.
Sergiño Dest, Barcelona.
Tyler Adams, Leipzig
Matthew Hoppe just scored a hatrick for Schalke.

Team USA could look dangerous in a few years.

Its very possible, their participation numbers have been growing in leaps and bounds for 20 years now. Added to that they have history/culture of producing exceptional athletes. Its very possible they could have a great team in a few years.

It will still be tough for them to make a mark internationally bc of the lack of competition in CONCACAF. It's like PSG in France.

But yes, they have quite the collection of talent and appear to have great infrastructure and programming in place.

It will still be tough for them to make a mark internationally bc of the lack of competition in CONCACAF. It's like PSG in France.

But yes, they have quite the collection of talent and appear to have great infrastructure and programming in place.

Is it because they have the infrastructure or because talented kids in US have figured out that the best way is to skip the US high school and college route and directly join academies in Europe

Am I dreaming that a lot of their talent is born/raised abroad footy wise, and then picking to play for team USA?

As long as they push their talent abroad, it could work. MLS is still shit

Is it because they have the infrastructure or because talented kids in US have figured out that the best way is to skip the US high school and college route and directly join academies in Europe

Bit of both. Certainly some of their top talent has chosen to go abroad earlier, which has led to some of the breakout stars mentioned above. But MLS clubs have also invested a lot in academies in the past few years, bolstered by the fact they no longer have to share transfer fees with the league when they sell "homegrown" players.

Am I dreaming that a lot of their talent is born/raised abroad footy wise, and then picking to play for team USA?

As long as they push their talent abroad, it could work. MLS is still shit

Brazil has pushed their best young talent abroad for 30 years now, its not hurt them at all.

Brazil has pushed their best young talent abroad for 30 years now, its not hurt them at all.

It's different though - most of their best talent (Brazil's) has been developing in their leagues before moving abroad ... and they've always been heavily scouted for that reason.
The US's ability to develop talent *in* the MLS is tough as the league isn't the highest standard ... they need to be moving their top athletes to Europe by 16-18 so they can have their key development years within serious leagues.
Then, those sakka playing yanks will be dominating this game too.

None of them mentioned are world beaters..

And probably none of them would get into a say top Italian/ German/ french side

Nothing to see here..

They are all just Dempsey wanabees.

I think, as with the development of the COVD vaccine, this is all on Trump - he really has had a major positive impact on America in general. Its only due to the fact that the Rose of Tralee was cancelled last year that an American didn't win that too ...

He has Made America Great Agan

Its very possible, their participation numbers have been growing in leaps and bounds for 20 years now. Added to that they have history/culture of producing exceptional athletes. Its very possible they could have a great team in a few years.
Huge population, they should be doing way better. The only sports they seem to be number 1 are the ones they only really play. When was the last time they had a really good mens tennis player? I think European players have won more golf tournaments in the last 30 years than American players. The only truly international games they seem to bet better than everyone else is the Olympics. Even there, small nations such as Kenya, Jamaica and Ethiopia are beating the yanks convincingly sprints and runs

Once, a long time ago, I was travelling with a friend from West Virginia to Washington DC. I was off to visit @Bradley. Anyway, we were passing a high school somewhere close to DC and there was a football match on a five-a-side pitch, all the players were African American kids. My friend shouted "YES! WE'VE GOT BLACK KIDS PLAYING SOCCER, WE'RE GOING TO WIN THE WORLD CUP!!"

Once, a long time ago, I was travelling with a friend from West Virginia to Washington DC. I was off to visit @Bradley. Anyway, we were passing a high school somewhere close to DC and there was a football match on a five-a-side pitch, all the players were African American kids. My friend shouted "YES! WE'VE GOT BLACK KIDS PLAYING SOCCER, WE'RE GOING TO WIN THE WORLD CUP!!"
Yet, they're worse than Japan and Korea

I mean ... currently, sure .. but some of these kids have serious serious potential.
Pulisic could easily play for most teams imo - he's very very talented.
Pulsic is just too hot and cold.

Sure he has Talent.. but just no consistency in his play..

His development is wasted at Chelsea

Getting out of the US youth club or college development structure early on seems to be key for most good American players.

We still lack a soccer culture. I have coached youth for 10 years and can name in one hand the number of kids who would watch a pro game on TV. Not sure if we can ever get over the hump and win big things when the general population of youth players don’t really care about the sport other than it’s fun to play. That’s great for them to have a good sports experience blah blah blah but not good for developing the mentality and intuitiveness needed to compete against the rest of the world.

Pulisic has the ability to start for most nations on the planet, his only downside is injury's

Mckennie looks like he'll be the next big one, and Reyna not too far behind

I think, as with the development of the COVD vaccine, this is all on Trump - he really has had a major positive impact on America in general. Its only due to the fact that the Rose of Tralee was cancelled last year that an American didn't win that too ...

He has Made America Great Agan

It's true..he has made America grate again...

mostly mild cheddar..

They'll win the World Cup before England manages it again.
Fuck me, I hope so... England still going on about the "66" World Cup 55 years later The last century...

If England was to win it again I would have to leave the counrty just so I could have some peace and quite LOL

Joshua Sargent at Bremen is another one.

There's quite a few Yanks playing top level football in Europe right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom