• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Any chance you could...

Tal

Very Active
... reduce some of the stuff in the way of the actual Football Forum threads so there isn't as much scrolling down the get to the most active stuff?

Do people use that quick navigation bar much or can it go?
The 'Far Foreign Land' isn't very active and doesn't deserve to be so prominent.
You could put the 'Post new thread' button at the same level as the page buttons.
Is the Big Sam sticky really all that funny? [Nobody seems to comment or even 'like' most of it]
Can't the Forum Posting Principles go on the main page instead of being a Footy Forum sticky?

I use a 22" monitor so it's not a case of lack of screen real estate.

Anything you can do, appreciated. Thanks.

What bloody font size are you using?

Agreed about big sam though, its shit

Standard font size on a 1680 x 1050 resolution. Firefox with menus showing and also Bookmark toolbar takes some space at the top but after that there's acres of space. Then comes all the stuff (and more) mentioned above. I can only see the very first Normal thread without scrolling...

Lovely stuff. Thanks. Now then, those Forum Posting Principles should really be in the main Home page, right, since they apply to every forum?

Technically.. But given that is the most popular forum we would also like for it to be there too..

Ideally that topic in theory should be a sticky in every forum, just to remind people.

Technically.. But given that is the most popular forum we would also like for it to be there too..

Ideally that topic in theory should be a sticky in every forum, just to remind people.

The Far Foreign Land looks like it's had its day, hardly any updates there. That could move to the Member's Chat Forum easily enough, don't you think?

Lol..I was waiting for a reply from you about this, as I know it's your Baby. .
It's not really my Baby Jono, though I think I am the only one posting in it at the moment and for a while.
I did ask a month or so ago did anyone actually read my posts and should I continue.
There were a number of replies in the affirmative so I decided to keep it going while at the same time realizing it is not exactly well followed or indeed riveting reading.
I am not over bothered with what you do with the whole sub forum to be honest.
Which reminds me I need to post an update from the weekend.

TBF Count I know ive done a lot lately, but thats more to do with to try and spice things up as parts of the Site where going a bit 'Stale'. I dont want to be seen to be the one who has the final say with things round here.. Im just here to participate, mod & tidy things up and help to try and improve things.. At the end of the day this site aint my baby, Im starting to feel its becoming that way.

I will go with whatever the general consensus is..

All fair enough Jono.
I just wanted to let you know that I ain't going to be upset by someone closing the sub forum down.

Oh, and if you are concerned about getting a reputation as the forum Nazi I would consider changing the avatar mate;)

All fair enough Jono.
I just wanted to let you know that I ain't going to be upset by someone closing the sub forum down.

Oh, and if you are concerned about getting a reputation as the forum Nazi I would consider changing the avatar mate;)

lol I could probably do with a new Avatar, thats something I may very well do. It was appropiate at the time & I found it very funny, but it requires a change me thinks..

Democracy at work. You two don't mind what happens to the FFL sub-forum and I vote to move it to the Member's Forum to free up Football Forum screen space for new ideas. Or so we can see more threads lower down. So, move it is then...

TBF Count I know ive done a lot lately, but thats more to do with to try and spice things up as parts of the Site where going a bit 'Stale'. I dont want to be seen to be the one who has the final say with things round here.. Im just here to participate, mod & tidy things up and help to try and improve things.. At the end of the day this site aint my baby, Im starting to feel its becoming that way.

I will go with whatever the general consensus is..
And I forgot to say that you are doing a great job of it too Jono.
The site has/had gone well stale but that is nothing to do with you or any of the other mods in my opinion.
Now if you could put in a knob filter that would probably improve things no end.
In that case though, this could be my last post ever.

vci%20400%20filter%20knob.jpg

I think the Far Flung Land thing was a good idea - I posted a lot but apart from Roopy no one seemed arsed. Not really surprised. Also my teams league finished in December so not much to report anyway.

I tried to do it he other day count but I forgot how to get to that screen in the Admin thing... I'll have another look now I've got 10 minutes

Thanks pal
Spurs spurs spurs..............................................

Why is there a sticky about the Liverpool FC News link when that exact same sticky is in the actual link itself?

And what is the general obession with putting anything you can think of in the way of getting to the actual purpose of a forum, which is threaded on-going conversations? There's news links, videos, competitions and more all cluttering up the supposed 'forum' page.

Back
Top Bottom