• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Another big Klopp love in interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the quote I read today that says he’d be a CEO of a Fortune 500 company if not a football manager.

He’s that smart.

“He’s so warm and genuine. I think everyone would say that about Jürgen Klopp.” - Megan Rapinoe

——

Speak to Dutch midfielder Georginio Wijnaldum and he’ll tell you about the day he signed with Liverpool, how he visited his new boss’s home that afternoon and how Klopp barely spoke about soccer.

“Most people just go straight to the business,” Wijnaldum says. “We spoke about our lives, basically. And we still do.”

——

“How much it meant to the people? I thought I knew, but seeing it is completely different,” he says. “You had 60-, 70-, 80-year-old men and women punching their chests, screaming, ‘I! LOVE! YOU!’ Life is all about having that kind of relationship.”

——

I don’t think it’s about being smart. Unless you meant EQ instead of IQ.

But even so, I think Klopp surpasses that. In fact it’s so simple that today’s world overcomplicate and overthink the most basic human ingredients.

It’s about having good morals - the simple basic things like having good manners, treating others well and with respect. Being authentic and warm to others. Y’know all these ‘uncool’ and old-fashioned, unpretentious qualities.

That’s what separates Klopp from the rest.

Can you imagine working for a boss like Klopp ? I’d prolly love going into work everyday !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom