• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Annie Road

Status
Not open for further replies.
[article]
Liverpool Football Club today reaffirms its intention to redevelop the Anfield Road stand with ambitious new plans now under active consideration.
As part of this process, the six-time European champions have committed to engaging with the local community and other key stakeholders while pursuing a vision in keeping with the club’s aspirations.
As a direct result of this development, existing outline planning permission will be allowed to lapse in order to allow work to continue on alternative options with a view to submitting a new planning application for a larger scheme in due course.
Liverpool FC chief operating officer Andy Hughes said: “The progress that has been made during ongoing feasibility studies has resulted in us being in a position to allow the outline planning permission to lapse. We are committed to working with local residents, planning officials and others as we now focus on the detail behind any proposed redevelopment for Anfield Road.
“Throughout this process we have been clear that our objective is to find the best possible solution for Anfield Road and that remains the case."
[/article]

I thought this was a financial no go due to the rail companies being tight, and there not being much money in general admission?

Seems like that wont be an issue now. I doubt we would start this process without knowing it can be done.

Good news. There's so much shit seating in the Annie road, so about time they created a modern and expanded stand.

It'll be mostly hospitality. You never know, we might even get a telly so people know what the fuck is going on when var kicks in.

Yeah. That "roof" blocking decent view if you sit in lower sections.
And at the back of the upper section. You have to stand on your seat and simultaneously crouch and twist your head to see over the next row, ignoring and casting evil looks at the persistently jobsworthy steward telling you to get down off your seat.

Hopefully they'll upgrade the Centenary stand too. Seats and legroom are worse than being on Ryanair

The only thing more important than this great news is making sure Kloppo does a David Moyes or an Alan Pardew by tying him down to a standard 30 year contract

Hopefully Anfield will eventually be more than 80+k capacity with all the upgrades, if possible to rival Manu.

That won’t happen. There just isn’t the land or infrastructure to expand that much.

I wouldn't be surprised if they offer to move a road slightly? Have this feeling we will see something radical, and surely the council have seen how great the main stand redevelopment has been?

How many are on the season ticket waiting list. It's the corporate tickets that bring in the money, so I can see a massive expansion on these tickets. I have seen a few corporate tickets on sale over the past week at £300 each. city / spurs are making silly money on those tickets where you can see the players in the tunnels before a game

I would be surprised if the council is accommodating to any radical plans

With new technologies, new materials and new engineering methods, it should be possible to enlarge the capacity with present land area and a little bit more?

There's loads of room behind now it's all been bought and cleared. The only issue would be the existing stands and the view that affords those inside and the Anfield Road itself. Could it be a tunnel? Road go underneath the stand? Or move the road so it jinks out and around?

With new technologies, new materials and new engineering methods, it should be possible to enlarge the capacity with present land area and a little bit more?
It's transportation links/traffic/car parking that are the major stumbling blocks to huge increases tbh, whilst the council are no longer being bell ends about going over 60k, if you assumed we could somehow make it 80k, you'd need a massive, like, seriously massively, expensive infrastructure plan to deal with that many more people getting in & out of that area all at the same time.

There's loads of room behind now it's all been bought and cleared. The only issue would be the existing stands and the view that affords those inside and the Anfield Road itself. Could it be a tunnel? Road go underneath the stand? Or move the road so it jinks out and around?
They're just jibbing the road behind it off completely I reckon. They did for ages when they built the main stand & had loads of datasets being monitored to see what affect it had on traffic (I reckon, purely anecdotely, that it was close to zero) which I'd imagine they'll use to support the idea.

Or an anti-grav lift? That could work.

They've also mentioned stage access being key to monetizing Anfield on non match days. It takes loads of time & effort to get stages etc into Anfield currently, the new stand will almost certainly feature huge movable sections to allow for standard stage sets & equipment to drive in & out IMO. That could be as valuable as executive boxes in monetary terms.

They're just jibbing the road behind it off completely I reckon. They did for ages when they built the main stand & had loads of datasets being monitored to see what affect it had on traffic (I reckon, purely anecdotely, that it was close to zero) which I'd imagine they'll use to support the idea.

Yeah, probably this.

A matter transporter is most likely.

Imagine the Evertonian fume if we get a matter transporter before them!

"The repercussions of the Heysel disaster and subsequent European ban put our own well-advanced research into matter transporters on hold, but we had already managed to convert a half and half bobble hat into energy and beam it from Stanley Park back to the Gwladys Street in an early test.

Fucking Kopites"

It's transportation links/traffic/car parking that are the major stumbling blocks to huge increases tbh, whilst the council are no longer being bell ends about going over 60k, if you assumed we could somehow make it 80k, you'd need a massive, like, seriously massively, expensive infrastructure plan to deal with that many more people getting in & out of that area all at the same time.

When potential match day income is almost double by increasing capacity to 80k, the investment would be worth it on the long run.
Elevated platforms and underground tunnels for traffic access, it should be possible, engineering wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom