• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Americans appreciation thread.

The fact that you grant immunity from prosecution to private contractors who shoot dead innocent Iraqi civilians.

That and baseball.

[quote author=viingx link=topic=17199.msg398353#msg398353 date=1193757593]
I don't really like baseball.
[/quote]

You're Un-American then.

err....................

Fast food -Nope

Beer - Nope

I like Chevvies and Dodge Vipers?

errrrrrrrrrr.....

Not a fan of most of the sports you play,mainstream wise.

um................

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=17199.msg398357#msg398357 date=1193757724]
[quote author=viingx link=topic=17199.msg398353#msg398353 date=1193757593]
I don't really like baseball.
[/quote]

You're Un-American then.
[/quote]

Loving football doesn't help either.

[quote author=Sunny link=topic=17199.msg398362#msg398362 date=1193757856]
The exchange rate currently.
[/quote]

Yeah HAHAHA

I'll tell you what I do like that's Americana, the Icing you put on cupcakes and stuff, it's lush.

I like America for saving Europe's ass in WWII.

I like America for being a great place to go to college, party, be a good footy player and enjoy the benefits of befriending sorority chicks.

I like America for Eden Wok (all you can eat sushi for 15 dolla)

I like America for NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA & when I'm in a good mood, MLS (it's funny to think I played against some of those lads)

I like America for some of its landmarks

I like America for Spring Break ... Fuck me ...

American Girls love English Guys.............

I can understand why when you see some of the Jock American football types, I went off American people a little since the Borat film!

Especially those tools in that Mobile home who slag women off and got drunk....... I hope that isnt a good demographic of most American University Male types?

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=17199.msg398367#msg398367 date=1193758357]

I like America for being a great place to go to college, party, be a good footy player and enjoy the benefits of befriending sorority chicks.

I like America for NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA & when I'm in a good mood, MLS (it's funny to think I played against some of those lads)

[/quote]

That's always a tentative topic for me ;)

I like the price of petrol......

Oh, and LTW, all you can eat Sushi?

That would not be good value for me. Can't stand teh stuff.

[quote author=vantage link=topic=17199.msg398388#msg398388 date=1193759584]
I like the price of petrol......

Oh, and LTW, all you can eat Sushi?

That would not be good value for me. Can't stand teh stuff.
[/quote]

it's wonderful for me ... i ate 86 pieces at one sitting ... yummy.

You can get your drink filled up for free when you have drunk it all.

Also did you know (UK folk) in McD's you can get your drink filled up for free too. Only on morning coffee though.

There is loads of sexy US women too. Well they are sexy till they open their gobs.

I like the fact that listening to/watching Americans in general makes the rest of us feel better about ourselves - ta.

[/quote]

Yums on Bold Street is better... FACT. ;D

[quote author=Hardcastle link=topic=17199.msg398374#msg398374 date=1193758767]

[/quote]

That's always a tentative topic for me ;)
[/quote]

I am curious tho,why?

[/quote]

*hugs Wizzy*

[quote author=Sunny link=topic=17199.msg398362#msg398362 date=1193757856]
The exchange rate currently.
[/quote]

That's gonna keep us yanks, from traveling abroad for a while.

Another thing to like about us, I suppose. >:(

I like America for the films, music, arts they have produced for hundreds of years.

Many of the landmarks, images of the last centuary have been American, there have been some very very influential people from America.

I like America for always giving us something to talk about.

I really can't see hwy Americans court so much criticism.
I have visited three times now and can honestly say that I did not meet an American I did not like.
My trip last week was exteremely pleasant to Boston and New Hampshire.
The people are great, they are polite, interested in you and hospitable, service is fantastic, it is a pleaure to drive over there , people are far less aggressive on the roads than over here, the roads are great the cars are great, car parks do what they say on the tin with big wide bays. Food is high quality and good value.
I felt safer there than anywhere I have visited in this country, the people are trustworthy.
Just by way of an example, my softt 23 yr old son brought a new camera and two new 80gig video ipods one for him and one for his mate. Driving back to Boston Logan we stopped off at a town for Lund (Concord as it happens) and he left his bag with the camera two ipods and his wallet on the back of the chair in Starbucks (or similar) probably $700 dollars worth. 40 miles on he discovers the problem, we have to turn around and go back.
Now I am not saying that we would not have got the bag and contents back in Liverpool or anywhere else, we might have, but I just knew we would, on that occasion, and so did the rest of the family, and indeed we did ..........waiting on the counter for us.
I know you are probably soliciting these sort of comments V, but why not.
I love America and Americans, and until someone does me a bad turn that is how it will stay.
Granted some of the politicians are twats, but so are most of ours.

regards

Hear hear Vlad - you've saved me a job there.  There's good and bad everywhere, but my experiences of America and its people have been very much along the same lines as yours.

Books have been written about why America gets such a bad and over-generalised press.  I reckon it boils down to some very shaming human characteristics, namely envy; cowardice (to line up with America - not necessarily the current US administration, I might add - is generally to line up against some very nasty people); resentment (of the fact that without US help we would indeed all be speaking German - the French at least make no attempt to hide that this is what drives their attitude, and has done since De Gaulle); sheep-like following of fashion (anti-Americanism is often just a knee-jerk, with the emphasis on the "jerk"); and taking our biggest and most powerful friend and ally for granted.  America has made mistakes, as we all have, but the point is they get hammered with or without any justification, just because it's a trendy pose to adopt.

I don't think America is the greatest country on Earth, because I don't think there's any such thing as "the greatest country" anyway.  Neither, however, do I think that America is the world's Big Bad Wolf, or that plain old prejudice becomes OK simply because it's aimed at the US.  We wouldn't accept such prejudice against any other group of people simply because of who they happen to be.  I won't accept it in respect of America either.

I found New York to be full of cunts. Everyone was arrogant and up their own arses. It was a bit like London in all honesty and I could not wait to leave. Florida was OK though.

Interestingly enough a lot of Americans I know don't like NY either, and are quick to tell visitors not to assume the whole of America is like that.

There's quite a lot of music, literature and art that I like.

If I was American I'd still dislike the stuff about it that I don't like now, so I'm not against Americans. Just against stuff I don't like.

I liked New York, and was amazed at how friendly the people were - far more so than London.

Other things I like about America:

- cheap trainers
- cheap clothes
- cheap . . . errrr, you know what, let's just put cheap everything shall we, and save an Oncy style list
- old muscle cars
- free refills (even if Americans do still buy the biggest size, just so they don't have to get off their arse to fill up)
- theme parks
- San Francisco
- mountain biking (invention of)
- the hamburger
- architecture
- waffles for breakfast (with no guilt attached)
- and yes . . . I'm sorry to say, making us feel like we have something to be superior about

Back
Top Bottom