• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Alex is....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
345932004_1305026866755043_4557628427867088682_n.jpg

He's also one step closer to his ancestral homeland... He'll play better without knowing why until he looks at a map. That's if a footballer knows what a map is.

35m according to the BBC with the possibility of rising to 55m. If we pay that full figure he'll have been worth it, I guess.
10m when we win the quad next season
and 10m when he scores the winner in 3 of the cup finals.

I'd say that's pretty reasonable!!

Do people reckon Klopp puts AlexiMac straight into the XI from the off?

I think his playing style best resembles Thiago in the side so reckon we could see Fab-Jones-MacAli (as things stand of course)

Do people reckon Klopp puts AlexiMac straight into the XI from the off?

I think his playing style best resembles Thiago in the side so reckon we could see Fab-Jones-MacAli (as things stand of course)
Jones won't be starting from the off next season no matter how much Moron thinks he's the second coming. He'll be back in 5th or 6th in the pecking order.

Jones won't be starting from the off next season no matter how much Moron thinks he's the second coming. He'll be back in 5th or 6th in the pecking order.

Well of course not but as it stands, for me his little run back end of last season would sit him alongside Fab & MacAli.

Does MacAli start for you from the off if we bring in our other targets?

He will start from the off. I think we'll only buy one other midfielder, unless we sell someone, and I don't think they'll be a starter. I'd love to be wrong.

He will start from the off. I think we'll only buy one other midfielder, unless we sell someone, and I don't think they'll be a starter. I'd love to be wrong.

I think we all would, that would be incredibly disappointing. Owners would have to go.

That being said we’d have to find some real unknown for nothing if he couldn’t start in our
midfield next summer. At the very least we’d be looking at a Tyler Adams for some cut price deal.

Last edited:
I guess a lot of what happens next re. Midfielders depends on who Klopp thinks he can rely on. If he thinks Bajetic is the heir to Fabs then we only need one more to replace Hendo

I think Mac Allister will start from the off. He's an intelligent player and has a full pre-season to understand what's expected of him.

It's hard to know which position he'll start without knowing our other business. We would get the most out of him in the LCM role as at RCM you can be restricted into making space for Trent to step into the middle, but how that fits in with the links to Kone and Thuram is anyone's guess at this stage. For me, it would make sense if the LCM was our most creative CM and our RCM was more athletic, defensively minded and can support Konate in covering the wide spaces left open by Trent stepping in. That way we've two points of threat and angles in the middle to damage sides which are back in their defensive shape.

Just to add the club has taken plenty of legitimate criticism over the squad management in recent years, especially last summer, but the last two deals in Gakpo and Mac Allister give me a smidgeon bit of hope we're getting back on track. In terms of value, suitability and the levels of talent both these deals are on par with signings that took us to the top of the game, IMO. Fingers crossed this nutcase sporting director can prove his worth and wrap the remaining deals over the line.

Last edited:
The only way we don't sign another midfielder is if we want to gamble on Jones staying fit and being able perform at the level required next season.

I'm don't think Klopp takes that gamble if he can help it.

We should be starting the new season like this:

First string: MacAllister, Fabinho, New Guy, Jones

Second string: Henderson, Bajcetic, Thiago?, Elliot?

It’s going to fun watching him & Trent link up in the middle with Trent’s new role.

I think we need a DM next as Badger looks better as a more box to box CM (as does Jones).

I hope we are also looking at CB options as I don’t think we can rely on Gomez or Matip if we get injuries.

Well of course not but as it stands, for me his little run back end of last season would sit him alongside Fab & MacAli.

Does MacAli start for you from the off if we bring in our other targets?
Absolutely. He'll be miles ahead of Messi Lite.

With 4 midfielders leaving - and that's just as of today - I believe we've learnt our lesson and we'll bring in at least 3 maybe 4. At least 2 will be Ali ballpark quality (so Thuram or Kone etc.) and starters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom