• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Afcon gone wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevesquash

Very Active
The passing between Mo and Sadio has hit new lows.

Has afcon hangover coupled with Sadio being in the centre and getting more goals, caused even more jealousy between the 2?

There have been periods of this season where they have noticeably been looking for eachother, and finding eachother with well weighted passes. Those days seem long gone. Every attempt is cut out, misdirected or over hit. They both seem like very nice guys, but it's hard to look pass the dreadful interplay without suspecting....

No.

I think you’re looking for things that aren’t there.

I think it’s simpler - Salah has played the most minutes of our forwards - I think he’s fatigued.

Mane is next amongst the forwards for minutes played.

That also includes both playing every game of AFCON.

Mane has also been moved inside to a new central role to accommodate Diaz.

Salah noticeably hitting a poor form period - most likely to fatigue - he’s trying to play his way out but fatigue means he just a little bit less sharp.

Add in a slight change in patterns of play, with Mane in a different position and that’s what you likely have - no conspiracy.

Mane’s on a high and has always been a streaky player, albeit it very consistently streaky player.

I think Salah needs a rest.

I think Salah want to play himself back into form.

I don’t think there’s a problem l.

Well I hope you're both right, because we need them both playing well and playing for the team and eachother...

I thought the whole team was guilty yesterday of taking shots when a better pass was on - each of Sadio, Luiz, Mo & Jota did this, probably Hendo too. It could have cost us.

I thought they did try to pass to each other yesterday; the problem is Mo is very one-footed – when the ball is on his left he will usually elect to shoot when he's in range and on the right his passing is poor, while Sadio can only play simple passes with almost no disguise. Diaz is a much better passer than both of them and that's why I want to see him in the middle – I think he can connect the play and let Mo and Sadio stay out of each other's way.

Last edited:
No.

I think you’re looking for things that aren’t there.

I think it’s simpler - Salah has played the most minutes of our forwards - I think he’s fatigued.

Mane is next amongst the forwards for minutes played.

That also includes both playing every game of AFCON.

Mane has also been moved inside to a new central role to accommodate Diaz.

Salah noticeably hitting a poor form period - most likely to fatigue - he’s trying to play his way out but fatigue means he just a little bit less sharp.

Add in a slight change in patterns of play, with Mane in a different position and that’s what you likely have - no conspiracy.

Mane’s on a high and has always been a streaky player, albeit it very consistently streaky player.

I think Salah needs a rest.

I think Salah want to play himself back into form.

I don’t think there’s a problem l.
Yeah I agree with most of this. I think they're knackered. But there is also an element of selfishness as they showed us on MOTD but it's always been there.

Right up until the point that Mane scored, I thought that it looked like he had completely forgotten how to play football.

The passing between Mo and Sadio has hit new lows.

Has afcon hangover coupled with Sadio being in the centre and getting more goals, caused even more jealousy between the 2?

There have been periods of this season where they have noticeably been looking for eachother, and finding eachother with well weighted passes. Those days seem long gone. Every attempt is cut out, misdirected or over hit. They both seem like very nice guys, but it's hard to look pass the dreadful interplay without suspecting....

Yes It as been like this for some time now, but yesterday was dreadful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom