• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

109 points from last 114 available

Status
Not open for further replies.
6ED6A86C-2C69-4D9B-A5C0-F9B8678E1D6C.png

12 wins in a row. What’s our most wins in a row in one season?

Surely closing in on that.

A few of them actually being City fans. Very few though.

It is doable, but I have a feeling that City will be determined to beat us and will probably do if they have Sane back in action. If not - then we should win that game. I think the tricky games are going to be:

Watford - playing much better now.
Everton - will be determined to show their few supporters that they can play football
Crystal Palace (if Zaha decides to turn up).

Jurgen Klopp says Liverpool's record-breaking run isn't special
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51079615

I agree these little mile stones mean very little unless it manifests itself into a trophy. Pep and Maureen might pat themselves on the back but Klopp sees it as destruction and will not allow any of his players to rest on their laurels

Yeah, who wins the 21 league games total points record trophy? What is that? It was like our consecutive win record rolling over from last season. I found it completely uninspiring. This fucking season! OK, yes these are markers of esteem that signal that this is a very special team, and a very special moment in the club's history, but ultimately, will this be recorded in the annals of football history. If we win the record points total for the season that would be nice cherry on the icing on the cake, and something this team can look back on with supreme pride.

With Laporte and Sane back in training I think its more likely we'll have to wait until we play City away to be mathematically certain

If we get equal points until the Ciity game on 4th April, a win there will win the league.

We'd be 20 points ahead with 6 games left

EDIT: A draw would do if it goes on head to heads now. Is that a thing or did I dream it?

Their next 8 starting today

22 (A) Aston Villa
23 (H) Crystal Palace
24 (A) Sheffield United
25 (A) Tottenham Hotspurs
26 (H) West Ham United
27 (A) Leicester City
28 (H) Arsenal
29 (A) Manchester United

If we get equal points until the Ciity game on 4th April, a win there will win the league.

EDIT: A draw would do if it goes on head to heads now. Is that a thing or did I dream it?

It’s not a thing. Goal difference.

Their next 8 starting today

22 (A) Aston Villa
23 (H) Crystal Palace
24 (A) Sheffield United
25 (A) Tottenham Hotspurs
26 (H) West Ham United
27 (A) Leicester City
28 (H) Arsenal
29 (A) Manchester United

Weird thing is they could win all 8 but also drop loads of points.

Yeah, my money is on us winning it in the City game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom