• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

25 pts

Status
Not open for further replies.
They need quite a bit in my opinion. GK, CBs, midfielders. With no CL footy they'll be signing up and coming players though their new sporting director pinched from Dortmund. Will be interesting to see who they appoint as manager though.

Yeah they got GK probs no doubt, but I reckon that and a couple of key other player signings should do it. They must have loads of money to play with, and if the Dortmund dude has already identified who they need and they get a coach who knows how to win shit then they'll be better than this. Wenker lost 13 this season. I can't see them getting worse.

If we had been knocked out of the CL at the group stage I think we would have got about 85 points by now. Still would be around 15 points off them at season's end, but they are a bunch of plastic, filthy oil-rich twats who should be getting 100 a season. Anything they achieve is meaningless.

Yeah they got GK probs no doubt, but I reckon that and a couple of key other player signings should do it. They must have loads of money to play with, and if the Dortmund dude has already identified who they need and they get a coach who knows how to win shit then they'll be better than this. Wenker lost 13 this season. I can't see them getting worse.
Again I think the world cup will really hurt them.

Probably Chelsea too if Conte goes, although like arsenal it's hard to imagine them being much worse, so they both have low thresholds to beat.

Think about how long it takes players to adjust to a new manager & new coaching setup, & then factor in the reduced time some of their best players will have to do so.

It's gotta have a big impact. In that respect its easy to argue city should win the league again as they will have the most strength in depth & the most settled squad (assuming they don't go nuts & sell & buy loads of first teamers, which I think is very unlikely).

Spurs won't lose Pochettino or any of their top players, so they'll certainly be in title contention, and it does seem rather odd to dismiss them, given they've just finished above Liverpool again. Like they have for the last four seasons.

Oh come on - we would have finished well above them were it not for the focus on Champions League.

They are a house of cards waiting to crumble.

Escalating stadium costs allied with getting close to winning fuck all again... nah.... they’re on borrowed time before their low wage structure and lack of trophies starts to deprive them of their best players.

I wouldn’t be surprised if one hey player gets sold to help fund the WHL redevelopment - other than Danny Rose.

They have, at most, a season to actually look like winning something - before Kane, Erickson, Pochettino, etc all fuck off.

Again I think the world cup will really hurt them.

Probably Chelsea too if Conte goes, although like arsenal it's hard to imagine them being much worse, so they both have low thresholds to beat.

Think about how long it takes players to adjust to a new manager & new coaching setup, & then factor in the reduced time some of their best players will have to do so.

It's gotta have a big impact. In that respect its easy to argue city should win the league again as they will have the most strength in depth & the most settled squad (assuming they don't go nuts & sell & buy loads of first teamers, which I think is very unlikely).

Yeah, hadn't really thought about that. Either way, they're playing within themselves now because of the world cup, not despite it.

As soon as these dick players know the manager isn't there next season and there's bugger all to play for anyway, then they won't bother training hard or working at anything because they know they aren't impressing anyone. They'll all up their game for the next dude.

Spurs won't lose Pochettino or any of their top players, so they'll certainly be in title contention, and it does seem rather odd to dismiss them, given they've just finished above Liverpool again. Like they have for the last four seasons.

Hold on a minute.... they have to beat Leicester first ... it ain't over yet...

I might also add that we've had a much harder schedule for a while recently...

fuck em.

Oh come on - we would have finished well above them were it not for the focus on Champions League.

They are a house of cards waiting to crumble.

Escalating stadium costs allied with getting close to winning fuck all again... nah.... they’re on borrowed time before their low wage structure and lack of trophies starts to deprive them of their best players.

I wouldn’t be surprised if one hey player gets sold to help fund the WHL redevelopment - other than Danny Rose.

They have, at most, a season to actually look like winning something - before Kane, Erickson, Pochettino, etc all fuck off.

Yes, which is why they'll be an obvious and real threat next season. Which is what we're talking about.

As to the broader question of beating City next year...

MAYBE teams will change up how they play against em somewhat...

And maybe we will be rolling in as the European champions... that would be a confidence boost I reckon... we would also have a better defence than we did for the first half of this season...

But yes, it is true catching City is a hell of a mission.

And yes... we can do it.

They only finish above us because we’ve been playing CL footy for the last few months.
Getting 3rd and not a chance to win anything, or 4th and a CL final.
Tough choice.

I still think Spurs could see some of their players leave. Kane will want to play at least one season in the new stadium but Eriksen could be tempted elsewhere I reckon.

If the right job opens up for Pochettino I cam see him leave.

They only finish above us because we’ve been playing CL footy for the last few months.
Tough choice.

They've finished above Liverpool 8 times in the last 10 seasons and neither club has won anything in that period, unless you count the League Cup which we won against Cardiff.

Which you probably do.

Tough choice.

I still think Spurs could see some of their players leave. Kane will want to play at least one season in the new stadium but Eriksen could be tempted elsewhere I reckon.

If the right job opens up for Pochettino I cam see him leave.

And perhaps I've been inspired by DB's jinxy threads...

IF Chelsea drop out the CL again, Hazard will maybe roll away...

Arsenal have got a massive rebuilding task ahead of themselves...

United are boring as fuck and the natives will get tired of watching em...

Spurs are simply cunts and have never scared me in my life and never will...

City?? hmm.... hard to say... but we have beaten em 3 times in a row now eh...

2018 -19 LFC GUARANTEED WITHOUT DOUBT IT IS WRITTEN IN THE STARS... CHAMPIONS

They've finished above Liverpool 8 times in the last 10 seasons and neither club has won anything in that period, unless you count the League Cup which we won against Cardiff.

Which you probably do.

What happened 8-10 seasons ago has fuck all to with the league challenge next season.
In regards to winning something now, I doubt many would suggest Spurs over us.
If they were still at WHL with no stadium cost crippling them then yeah, they could probably spend a fair bit and look a real threat.
But that doesnt seem to be the case now.

They’ll lose Alderweireld this summer.

What happened 8-10 seasons ago has fuck all to with the league challenge next season.
In regards to winning something now, I doubt many would suggest Spurs over us.
If they were still at WHL with no stadium cost crippling them then yeah, they could probably spend a fair bit and look a real threat.
But that doesnt seem to be the case now.

They’ll lose Alderweireld this summer.

He's hardly played for them all season. And they've still finished above us. As usual.

Yeah, we would have comfortably finished above them if we weren't worried about Roma or city, or exhausted in the aftermath

Just because they were out of everything worthwhile early doors

Did we finish above them in ‘74?
Because it has just as much relevance as the 8-10 seasons argument.

Next

Did we finish above them in ‘74?
Because it has just as much relevance as the 8-10 seasons argument.

Next

Did you ever learn things like "trends" at school? It would have been part of your studies in statistics and probability.

Actually, it would seem unlikely, given that you claim we'll finish above Spurs every fucking season

We've been mostly shit the last decade and they've been building slowly and kind of piquing at a top 4 side.

I don't know why it's a slight to have been behind spurs.

Saying that however, we've had a title charge in that time? Spurs fell apart in their one decent attempt and finished 3rd.

I still don't think they have the pull to be getting the level of talent they need to kick on.

MWNN

Some more stats to consider:

League competitions
Cup competitions
European

Then for us:
[xtable]
{caption}Liverpool F.C. honours{/caption}
{tbody}
{tr}
{th=scope:col}Honour{/th}
{th=scope:col}No.{/th}
{th=scope:col}Years{/th}
{/tr}
{tr}
{th=scope:row}Football League First Division{/th}
{td=center}
18​
{/td}
{td}1900–01, 1905–06, 1921–22, 1922–23, 1946–47, 1963–64, 1965–66, 1972–73, 1975–76, 1976–77, 1978–79, 1979–80, 1981–82, 1982–83, 1983–84, 1985–86, 1987–88, 1989–90{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{th=scope:row}Football League Second Division{/th}
{td=center}
4​
{/td}
{td}1893–94, 1895–96, 1904–05, 1961–62{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{th=scope:row}Lancashire League{/th}
{td=center}
1​
{/td}
{td}1892–93{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{th=scope:row}FA Cup{/th}
{td=center}
7​
{/td}
{td}1965, 1974, 1986, 1989, 1992, 2001, 2006{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{th=scope:row}League Cup{/th}
{td=center}
8​
{/td}
{td}1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1995, 2001, 2003, 2012{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{th=scope:row}FA Community/Charity Shield{/th}
{td=center}
15​
{/td}
{td}1964*, 1965*, 1966, 1974, 1976, 1977*, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1986*, 1988, 1989, 1990*, 2001, 2006 (* shared){/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{th=scope:row}Sheriff of London Charity Shield{/th}
{td=center}
1​
{/td}
{td}1906{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{th=scope:row}Football League Super Cup{/th}
{td=center}
1​
{/td}
{td}1985-86{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{th=scope:row}European Cup/UEFA Champions League{/th}
{td=center}
5​
{/td}
{td}1977, 1978, 1981, 1984, 2005{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{th=scope:row}UEFA Cup{/th}
{td=center}
3​
{/td}
{td}1973, 1976, 2001{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{th=scope:row}UEFA Super Cup{/th}
{td=center}
3​
{/td}
{td}1977, 2001, 2005{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Of course they don't. Spurs are just fucking Spurs. We're fucking Liverpool. We somehow end up in CL finals and with the best players in the world for a bit. None of that happens to Spurs. No fucking way would I swap with those fucking mongs.

Indeed.

Fuck em.

G'wan Leicester!!

If it wasn't for us Citeh would be The Invincibles part 2. But no. We stuck 4 past them then dumped them out of the CL.

What have Spurs done? Got beat at home in the FA Cup semis. They make me want to puke.

Yes, which is why they'll be an obvious and real threat next season. Which is what we're talking about.

A threat to what?

Finishing 3rd or 4th?

We’re past that now - they’re no threat to actually winning anything.

"Spurs were horrendous. Really poor. Eric Dier in particular was caught out of position countless of times. The good news is that they will most likely end up in the Europa league. Lloris will probably leave this summer. Could end up at City I guess"

Hansern, Nov 2016.
Spurs finish second. Above Liverpool again. Lloris goes nowhere.

"If we want to win the title, why on earth should we look to Spurs? The team that came 3rd in 2 horse race.
They always finish above us? Always?"

Hansern, Feb 2017
Spurs finish second. Above Liverpool again.

"The interesting thing about Spurs this season is not playing at WHL. That could and will probably affect them.
They were crap at Wembley.The new stadium might mean they have to sell to buy this summer? Anyway, I have a feeling this season wont be to good for Spurs. Playing at Wembley etc. "

Hansern, July 2018
Spurs lose one home game all season, to the Champions Man City, don't sell anyone, and are above Liverpool again.

Hahahahahaha! You fucking mong.

"Spurs were horrendous. Really poor. Eric Dier in particular was caught out of position countless of times. The good news is that they will most likely end up in the Europa league. Lloris will probably leave this summer. Could end up at City I guess"

Hansern, Nov 2016.
Spurs finish second. Above Liverpool again. Lloris goes nowhere.

"If we want to win the title, why on earth should we look to Spurs? The team that came 3rd in 2 horse race.
They always finish above us? Always?"

Hansern, Feb 2017
Spurs finish second. Above Liverpool again.

"The interesting thing about Spurs this season is not playing at WHL. That could and will probably affect them.
They were crap at Wembley.The new stadium might mean they have to sell to buy this summer? Anyway, I have a feeling this season wont be to good for Spurs. Playing at Wembley etc. "

Hansern, July 2018
Spurs lose one home game all season, to the Champions Man City, don't sell anyone, and are above Liverpool again.

Hahahahahaha! You fucking mong.

MWNN... hold on a minute there... I'm sure that Spurs have got fan forums you could use pal.

I think everyone knows that we've been shit for a good few seasons and Spurs have improved but...

They are Spurs...

They are shite pal...

Always have been always will be.

Relax.

Did you ever learn things like "trends" at school? It would have been part of your studies in statistics and probability.

Actually, it would seem unlikely, given that you claim we'll finish above Spurs every fucking season

Yes... here’s a fucking trend.

How many finals have they been in over the last 5 years?

How many times have they actually been in with a shout of winning the league the last 5 years?

Actually... take your pick about the timescale.

Then do an analysis of what finals or “real” opportunities we’ve had to wing the league over same period.

When you’re done - and your conclusions point absolutely towards us - please say “Sorry I’m wrong” and absolute shut the fuck up about this “finished above us pish”.

Yes... here’s a fucking trend.

How many finals have they been in over the last 5 years?

How many times have they actually been in with a shout of winning the league the last 5 years?

Actually... take your pick about the timescale.

Then do an analysis of what finals or “real” opportunities we’ve had to wing the league over same period.

When you’re done - and your conclusions point absolutely towards us - please say “Sorry I’m wrong” and absolute shut the fuck up about this “finished above us pish”.

Hear Hear...

it's like he s very angry or something...

I reckon we've been in far worse situations than a point behind Spurs...

Maybe we need a poem to cheer us up? something positive... where is Modo nowadays?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom