• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Betting 2015/16 1% per day challenge

Prefix for Betting Threads
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pesam

Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
OK I've tried this a few times with some success at first but inevitably ends in failure. It was originally a 3% per day challenge (i.e. increase your starting balance by 3% every day) but this IMO is impossible as the pressure to find the necessary winners to keep up with the target is unsustainable. This would have turned £100 into nearly £400,000 in one season!

I have tried 1% per day trying to turn £100 into £1,600 which IMO is doable and I'm going to give this another go. This time I'm going to try a more cautious approach and not worry too much if I fall (a bit) behind the target while I wait for the "certain" winners.

I'll start at the weekend and wouldn't be surprised if my first involvement features the Man City v Watford game.

Reactions: C/O
Ah shite I'll start this today; I've always liked Dwight Gayle and he's starting tonight so I'll lay £100 against the 0-0 draw in the Palace v Shrews game to win £6

Ah shite I'll start this today; I've always liked Dwight Gayle and he's starting tonight so I'll lay £100 against the 0-0 draw in the Palace v Shrews game to win £6
That went quite well so I'll "double down" on the same game.......£100 laying the current 0-1 score to win £7.50

Great thread idea Pesam, I'll no doubt be copying some of your bets, so keep us updated.

Good luck!

Great thread idea Pesam, I'll no doubt be copying some of your bets, so keep us updated.

Good luck!
Thanks C/O, hopefully this challenge extends past tonight :) I'm quietly confident that Palace have at least a couple of goals in them tonight.

Bank @ £135

£4.20 lay of Portsmouth winning at Exeter in JPT game tonight to win £3 (i.e. Exeter win or draw after 90 minutes)

Reactions: C/O
I've port vale (vs. Carlisle) and Cambridge (vs. Dag & Redbridge) to win tonight @Pesam . Any idea how these will/should go? They're both favourite and at home, which is why I choose them, but they're the last legs on a decent sized acca, so a second opinion would ease the nerves.
Good luck with your bet btw!

I've port vale (vs. Carlisle) and Cambridge (vs. Dag & Redbridge) to win tonight @Pesam . Any idea how these will/should go? They're both favourite and at home, which is why I choose them, but they're the last legs on a decent sized acca, so a second opinion would ease the nerves.
Good luck with your bet btw!

You could lay off a couple of quid on the away teams plus 1 if it's a very big acca.

You could lay off a couple of quid on the away teams plus 1 if it's a very big acca.

Cheers Aidan, but by big acca I meant it's from the weekend/yesterday and these are the last two. Cambridge are 2 down already anyway, so fuck.

Cheers Aidan, but by big acca I meant it's from the weekend/yesterday and these are the last two. Cambridge are 2 down already anyway, so fuck.
Sorry C/O I logged off straight away after posting to put the baby to bed. TBH I only just checked the team news and unfortunately, not only are Cambridge 2 down but they are missing Barry Corr who is their best striker.

Also, I quite like the look of the Carlisle line up against PV and wouldn't put it past them to cause a shock.

Wish I could be more positive about yer bet but fingers crossed for you.

1st week done without any significant worries...............Bank gone from £100 to £138 which is considerably ahead of the target of £107.

I've already place Saturday's bet as I'm not sure the 1/6 price will be available on the day. £138 Rangers to beat Raith Rovers @ 1/6 (1.17) to win £23.48

If I waive the right for whinging if you lose my cash and let you keep 25% of the winning on top of the original stake would you fancy being my gambling broker Pesam?

/ We could get a Pesam gambling syndicate together on here where we could pool alot more money together for you to make us all millionaires?

Robbie Keane?

This is fascinating to keep track of, good luck Pesam.
Thanks Mystic, I'm gonna try and be even more selective than usual which could mean no bets some weeks unless I find something I strongly fancy.

If I waive the right for whinging if you lose my cash and let you keep 25% of the winning on top of the original stake would you fancy being my gambling broker Pesam?

/ We could get a Pesam gambling syndicate together on here where we could pool alot more money together for you to make us all millionaires?

Robbie Keane?
I have tried this before HC; my brothers asked me to do their bets for them but it doesn't work......I bet differently when I know that other peoples money is at stake and consquently I don't bet or win as often.

I do try and post my bets in advance in case anyone wants to follow suit though.

Reactions: HC
Boo.

Would it work better if there was an element of fear/death associated with failure ?

Ivd still got my pot from the end of last season that i was a fair bit up from. I will crack on again this season (£0 by Christmas)

Boo.

Would it work better if there was an element of fear/death associated with failure ?

Ivd still got my pot from the end of last season that i was a fair bit up from. I will crack on again this season (£0 by Christmas)

Well I mentioned in a different thread that my betting pattern has changed for this season. I used to bet between £500-£1,000 per week in the "glory days" which usually meant I placed about £40,000 worth of bets per season and won on average about £4,000 per season.

That required a huge amount of research and time spent watching ALL the lower league games. This wasn't an issue as I actually enjoyed the research and watching the games.

Over the last 2 years i got married and became a Dad and it became very noticeable that it affected my betting success rate as I wasn't able to do as much research as before.

2 years ago I only managed to get into profit over the last 2 weeks of the season and last season I only got into profit during the World Cup!

This season I am being proactive and considerably cutting back my weekly bets in favour of season-long bets on various league and cup competitions as I can adjust these as the season progresses and should be able to focus on fewer teams meaning less research.

My biggest bet is Rangers to win the Scottish Championship £2,000 to win £900, they were between 1/2 - 2/5 and are now 1/10 so look home-and-hosed. I knew Warburton would do a great job there and IMO might even win a cup this season.

I will hope to sell this bet at about 1/20 (1.05) and reinvest the money on another league/cup. All told I have invested about £3,500 and hope to finish with a profit of £2,000+

This 1% challenge will be my main weekly focus (as long as it lasts).

If you made a profit last season HC then don't be so pessimistic for this season, it is still possible to make a profit on Betfair as long as you have patience and are a good judge of teams.

Reactions: HC
I get carried away mate, i find it too hard to resist the allure of bets that ordinarily i wouldnt touch but cant resist . ill try and play it by the book and see how far i can get.

I had no idea you used to gamble those sort of amounts over a season . thats mental

I get carried away mate, i find it too hard to resist the allure of bets that ordinarily i wouldnt touch but cant resist . ill try and play it by the book and see how far i can get.

I had no idea you used to gamble those sort of amounts over a season . thats mental
I didn't start off betting those big amounts, originally I was doing £20-£50 bets but over a couple of seasons my account went from £1,000 to about £3,000 and I realised that I was betting with "other peoples money" i.e. my winnings and therefore didn't feel guilty about losing bets which freed me up to bet bigger. Added to that was the fact that I had no wife or kids so no responsibility. Now, when I lose a bet I think of the things I could have bought my daughter with that money! It has made me far more cautious which has made me a less succesful gambler but I am still enjoying it and still making a (smaller) profit.

Yer right about "hard to resist the allure of bets".......patience in gambling is essential but almost impossible.

Rangers 5-0 lol

Easy money.

Yeah it was as nailed-on as a certainty can be. I've been hammering away at Rangers since the summer when they appointed Warburton and he bought Tavernier, Wilson, Waghorn etc who are much too good for this level.

I'm away from this Friday to Wednesday and might not have great internet access on Saturday (and will be at a wedding) so I doubt I'll be able to check the team news at 2:30 so I have a feeling I'll just lump on Rangers again at home to Livingston even though they could be as short as 1/10.

Bank now at £161. The target for week 2 (which ends on Wednesday) is £115.

A bit of an unecessary risk perhaps but I'll stick the £4 profit from last night on a lay of England beating Switzerland to win £5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom